2012 German GP - Hockenheim

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Guisson

Re: 2012 German Grand Prix - Hockenheim

Qualy
1-ALO
2-HAM
3-WEB
Race :
1-ALO
2-WEB
3-GRO / RAI
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

Fizz.Schumi
Fizz.Schumi

Considering the Merc has good straight line and has nice low speed cornering with good traction out of those sort of corners plus considering high speed corners are not so important here means that they should be in contention at Hockenheim. I think temperatures will be low as well so tire ware should not be an issue in the race. Other than that the normal suspects in the shape of Red bull, Lotus, Ferrari should be in contention. Doubtful of Mclaren so hopefully they can do something as well. I think this has potential to be a really wide open race.

Quali :

1. VET
2. MSC
3. WEB
4. ALO
5. ROS
6. GROS
7. HAM
8. RAI
9. MAS
10.MAL

Race :

1. MSC (More of a dream result but I really think it's possible - I do think top 4 could be in any order)
2. VET
3. WEB
4. ALO
5. GROS
6. HAM
7. ROS
8. RAI
9. PER
10.MAS / BUT

Well that's the general top 10 in my view, Considering this season the top 10 can be in any order :roll: .. Let's hope for an 8th different winner

zyphro
zyphro

I think Mercedes could be quite competitive here, high speed stretches and slow turns.

Red Bull/Ferrari/Lotus?/Mercedes to challenge for the win.

marcush.
marcush.

Schumi has a trick or two up his sleeve in Hockenheim in the stadium section even if one has to realise almost all corners have been changed over the years (to the worse).
I think the circuit will be almost ideal for W03.

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

Hockenheim will certainly suit the W03 however I believe the RB8 will have the advantage in terms of long stint pace and tyre degradation.

Im picking Vettel to win his home GP. Webber will be a close second. The rest of the order is hard to predict, Mercedes with the straight line advantage over Ferrari might feature, and if the weather is warm Lotus will be ever lurking.

One thing is for certain, its going to be close.

Qual:
1. Vettel
2. Webber
3. Schui
4. Alonso
5. Rosburg
6. Perez
7. Grosjean
8. Hamilton
9. Raikonnen
10. Hulkenburg

Race:
1. Vettel
2. Webber
3. Alonso
4. Grosjean
5. Schui
6. Massa
7. Raikonnen
8. Hamilton
9. Perez
10. Rosburg
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

raymondu999

Here's my take on how things will pan out:

Quali
1- Vettel
2- Hamilton
3- Alonso
4- Massa
5- Webber

Race
1- Vettel
2- Alonso
3- Webber
4- Massa
5- Schumacher
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

godlameroso

It'll definitely be option prime prime, as the difference between grip of the medium and soft is almost negligible, therefore the consistency and durability of it will make it the tire of choice. If it's cold we could see the Mercedes up there, but now it's starting to seem like 2010 all over again, with Red Bull and Ferrari emerging as the main contenders. Even the humidity in the air plays a big role in the performance of the cars, or perhaps this also factors in to how the cars use the tires.
Saishū kōnā

raymondu999

godlameroso wrote:It'll definitely be option prime prime, as the difference between grip of the medium and soft is almost negligible, therefore the consistency and durability of it will make it the tire of choice. If it's cold we could see the Mercedes up there, but now it's starting to seem like 2010 all over again, with Red Bull and Ferrari emerging as the main contenders. Even the humidity in the air plays a big role in the performance of the cars, or perhaps this also factors in to how the cars use the tires.
I reckon option option prime actually. The track layout in terms of what it needs from the car, and in terms of corner speeds/types, and track surface isn't dissimilar to Valencia. However for some of those more marginal on tyres, option prime prime could be the way.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Neno
Neno

raymondu999 wrote:Here's my take on how things will pan out:

Quali
1- Vettel
2- Hamilton
3- Alonso
4- Massa
5- Webber

Race
1- Vettel
2- Alonso
3- Webber
4- Massa
5- Schumacher
again, nowhere Grosjean :? But Massa is 4th :roll:

marcush.
marcush.

Summer in Hockenheim can be quite hot ..surely the area is one of the hotter areas in germany .At times you get a short spell of heavy summer rain .ican definetely feel it coming a good hour before the downpour is starting ..so i´m pretty sure the metereologic indicators are very easy to detect.Although I´m not really living close to the track these days ,my feeling is it could be hit by rain on one day or another.

zyphro
zyphro

Neno wrote:

Quali
1- Vettel
2- Hamilton
3- Alonso
4- Massa
5- Webber

Race
1- Vettel
2- Alonso
3- Webber
4- Massa
5- Schumacher
What's wrong with that?

Massa had strong pace in SS, he could be quite close to Alonso in Hockenheim, we all remember 2010 don't we?

PlatinumZealot

This is the race grosjean wins. mark it.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

raymondu999

Neno wrote:

Quali
1- Vettel
2- Hamilton
3- Alonso
4- Massa
5- Webber

Race
1- Vettel
2- Alonso
3- Webber
4- Massa
5- Schumacher
Yup - that's what I think will happen. You're free to think otherwise, of course.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

Either Kimi or Grosjean (though I'm shooting for Kimi), Lotus should take the measures needed to win Germany.

raymondu999

Is it too much to ask for the FIA to put the DRS zone in somewhere other than the parabolic straight? I'd say going into T2 would be nice. A short zone that gets the car within range for a non-DRS pass into T6. It's quite easy enough passing into T6 anyways....
失败者找理由,成功者找方法