di Montezemolo the hypocrite

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
manchild
manchild

West wrote:That isn't Michael Schumacher's official website.
http://sport.rtl.de/formel-1/michaelschumacher_home.php
This is.
ummm... that is just a section about MS on German TV network RTL website sport.de (something like eurosport.com).

I might be wrong but that site I’ve mentioned is just first in the Google result list after search for "Michael Schumacher". It advertises official merchandise etc.

manchild
manchild

I absolutely accept that some people like him and some don’t. That is something no one can change.

All I’m trying to say is that if someone was truly “the greatest” than people like me who don’t like his methods, attitude and driving would be absolute minority. No one can measure this ratio when it matters MS, but I believe that it can be said (for the fairness) that public is divided.

Naturally, public wasn’t divided at all when it matters cases like James Hunt’s heroism (knighthood), Prost’s smooth driving, Gilles’s talent, Fangio’s overall greatness etc.

“Controversial” is the continuous term following MS and his career and it will stay like that not because people like me don’t like his face or wardrobe but because of what he has shown in his career.

My point is that you criticize Schumachers personality and what he does in his spare time based on what you see on a racetrack. I find that disturbing.

Claiming that Ferrari is safeguarded by the FIA is just ridiculous. Just refer to one FIA ruling that hasnt had backing from the rules and I will change my opinion.

/ Fx

manchild
manchild

Anonymous wrote:My point is that you criticize Schumachers personality and what he does in his spare time based on what you see on a racetrack. I find that disturbing.

Claiming that Ferrari is safeguarded by the FIA is just ridiculous. Just refer to one FIA ruling that hasnt had backing from the rules and I will change my opinion.

/ Fx
Spare time has nothing to do with his public & professional life. I have no clue about his spare time & personal life. I'm talking only about public & professional life.

Although I’ve heard that he buys marmalade in Germany and brings it back to his home in Switzerland because it is much cheaper in Germany :lol:
... marmelade über alles! :lol:

Seriously, I’ve heard this during TV coverage of F1 several years ago… could be true, after all, he didn't have that much money back than :wink:

Regarding FIA safeguarding Ferrari its been already discussed a lot here viewtopic.php?t=1367
Last edited by manchild on 07 Sep 2005, 23:35, edited 2 times in total.

manchild
manchild

http://www.nadir.org/nadir/periodika/ju ... 46/36a.htm
Michael Schumacher erzählte in einem Interview, dass er ab und zu aus seiner Villa in der Schweiz mit dem Auto nach Deutschland rüberfährt: Dort kostet die Marmelade nur zwei Mark, in der Schweiz aber vier Franken. Das mögen Schweizer nicht. Wer über 20 Millionen Mark im Jahr verdient, könne sich ruhig auch eine Vier-Franken-Marmelade leisten. Clever gehandelt hat die deutsche Werbeindustrie: Nach dem Interview erhielt Schumacher einen Marmelade-Werbevertrag.
:wink:

Tomba: What is wrong with the top list ? Perhaps you have a better one :D

Manchild: After reading a few of your post in the other thread it is quite clear what your opinion is. Just tell me what do you think would have been
a fair solution to the bridgestone teams(Not counting Paul Stoddart as he was in alliance with the GPWC) ?

/ Fx

Anonymous wrote: Manchild: After reading a few of your post in the other thread it is quite clear what your opinion is. Just tell me what do you think would have been a fair solution to the bridgestone teams (Not counting Paul Stoddart as he was in alliance with the GPWC) ?
Everything that was offered by Michelin was accepted by 9 teams (all teams except Ferrari). It was only FIA and Ferrari who jointly refused everything suggested. I think that fair was a suggestion that Michelin teams race with no points for them (points only for Bridgestone teams).
Jordan and Minardi stood together with Michelin teams. The only reason they raced was due fact that they were sure their tyres won't have problems. Even Schumacher and Barrichello had nothing against such offers from Michelin teams but Ferrari management did.

manchild
manchild

That was me, sorry :oops:

Steven
Owner

GuestAgain wrote:Tomba wrote:
I find that highly regrettable that, while it may not be obvious for the big crowd, Ferrari is visibly safeguarded by the FIA.
Sorry but dont agree. I think its so obvious that even a blind man can see it. But thats fan(atics) for you, they either ignore it or somehow try to justify it.
Mcdenife
Well there are still people out there being rock solid convinced that the FIA introduced this year's regulations (single tyre etc) just to end the dominance of Ferrari

Strange I know, but it's like it somehow

That proposition would likely have led to the frontrunning michelinteams finishing ahead of the Ferraris but getting no points. The whole world would actually see the Ferraris not winning the race but being given ten points. How is that fair to the Ferrari team ?

/ Fx

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

At that moment, running the race for the fans was in most people's minds. The Michelin teams conceded any chance for points in a gesture to run the race, FOR THE FANS.
It didn't happen, and it was the fans who were the real victims.

manchild
manchild

This leads to nowhere but let me reply to Guest

Since it was obvious that Ferrari wouldn't win a single race this season getting 10 points would be an unexpected gift for them. What whole world had seen was that Ferrari can win only if the opposition isn't racing and that is truly shameful.

No wonder they jumped from joy and refused any offered solution - they knew it is the only way to win a race this season. But that is something so typical for Montezemolo, Todt, Brown & Schumacher and so atypical for true Ferrari – the one that raced in F1 from 1950 to 1995. Aim never justified the means for Enzo but it certainly does for mentioned gruesome four.

I'm certain that if this happened while Enzo was alive and in command of Ferrari we’d seen “knighthood”. Enzo would never participated in race where there are no rivals. What is the point of such race? Here we reach what I was previously talking about – money or moral. Montezemolo, Todt, Brown & Schumacher raced for money, for points, for statistic and advertising while Enzo was always racing for glory, honor and respect.

Do you understand what will the history say about Ferrari in 2005? Something like - “Ferrari won only once but only because 7 major teams boycotted the race… “. Is that something Ferrari needed to be remembered by? Certainly not, but foursome needed it to fill their pockets!

That is not grey but black & white situation – heroes vs. villains, good guys vs. bad guys... Present Ferrari management is walking over corpses including the basics of Enzo’s heritage. They might be even wearing red underwear but their Ferrari - the current Ferrari has nothing to do with team that once existed.

Winning a race in such manner as it happened in Indy this year is nothing but another handful of dirt thrown on Ferrari’s tradition by current team management. As the season comes to its ending their desperate moves become more and more understandable. Team formed in 1996 on hypocrisy and dishonesty now falls apart just like anything based on lies and deception.

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Wow Manchild, even though I agree with you on general principle, that's a bit harsh. Indy was a farce, a total c--k-up. But it can also be argued that the only sin Ferrari comitted was to just take opportunity of the circumstances. It was a matter of capitalizing on other competitors defaulting.
In many forms of sports, teams have claimed victory because their competitiors defaulted. Yes, there should be an asterisk next to that win, but it's well within the rules. I have competed in athletics, and the only good win, the only one that matters is to beat your competitor fair and square, on the field of battle. But if they default, you take the victory, no matter how bitter the taste in your mouth. Maybe in the case of certain people within Ferrari, they have no taste buds.

Manchild: Your political history lesson impresses me as much as Kiesa in a Minardi. Stop ranting!

All the michelinteams failed to bring suitable equipment(the tires that is). From a sporting point of view why should the michelinteams be given exemptions from the rules that all must adhere to ? How is it fair to Ferrari that they reduce their speed so that the others can keep up ?

And if you are naive enough to believe that the michelinteams only wanted a show for the sake of the fans then why did they reject the FIA proposals ?

I´ll tell you what happened. Michelin or the teams or both were either afraid of looking bad in comparison to the Ferrariteam and bridgestone or it was just another showdown between the GPWC and FIA&FOM.

DaveKillens: Yes they conceded any chance for points but only as long as Ferrari was hampered. That is not fair from a sporting point of view.
There was a million ways to solve the michelin problem even within existing regulations but instead the race was sacrificed. Apparantly alot was at stake since the teams and the FIA was prepared to sacrifice the entire race.

I have no problem with Michelin making a misstake but the teams trying to exploit the situation and saying that they did all they could is just ridiculous.

Maybe Im wrong but the USGP had nothing to do with safety except that it triggered the situation but it is all politics.

Manchild you are trying to embrace something(Politics&History) you fail to comprehend and until you do there will be no success. Muhahhaha :D

/ Fx

manchild
manchild

Perhaps I'm "ranting" and it certainly annoys some people but at least I'm not telling other posters what to do and I don't hide posting as Guest “the anonymous”. =;

There are people who like my "ranting" a lot.

BTW, is it forbidden that someone likes Ferrari that he or she got to know years before Schumacher era started or do we all have to have one track mind? :roll:

I grew up watching Lauda, Gilles, Pironi… why should I act now as if I was born in 1990 and no one told me anything about what was before, except what I’ve seen from Montzemolo, Todt, Brown and Schumacher?