2013 Spanish Grand Prix - Barcelona

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Re: 2013 Spanish Grand Prix - Barcelona

Mestrades wrote:One of my favourites tracks of the year!

Let's see if Catalonia can keep this track in the 2014 F1 calendar.

Circuit of Catalunya has always been the first traditional Europe race and a good indicator of how the cars will suit in the rest of the circuits.

Let's see what happens. I think Alo will be very difficult to beat.
If there is to be a Spanish GP in 2014 it will surely end up being at Catalunya. Valencia whilst contracted for the race has been widely reported to have fallen into disrepair already.

Juzh

rssh wrote:Barca is definitely a front limited circuit but China was a bit more extreme . The only setup option for the race will be revealed by the temperature on the Raceday because downforce level on the front wing should make the tyres suit there operation range and not degrade thermally .

The best example of the front limited eg is 2011 race , were Macca had a really strong front end and could keep up with RB on its rear wing . RB's superior traction on the last corner meant that it couldn't get past it . Right now I really don't know which car has strong front end relatively :roll:
Mclaren had better front end troughout 2011 except for the first few races. Remember wet hungary and how they were able to turn into the corner much sharper than vet in front of them. Regarding barcelona, Vettel had no kers for something like 20 laps and we know how much that affects braking balance and straight line speed, so its not really clear how much of an advantage mclaren really had over them.
RB will be strong here in 2013, I really dont understand why people are downplaying their chances after their performance in bahrain.

khaliweed
khaliweed

Not really sure about Ferrari. From what I can see, they have already brought their big update. Hope am wrong anyway. He other teams are bringing massive updates.

ROBERTKO
ROBERTKO

Any Predictions?

Vasconia

I expect a close battle between Alonso, lotus and Vettel. Last season Rb was not in a good shape but this season its quite different so Alonso will need to show his best face to beat Vettel.

Tyre degradation will be an issue for sure so Ferrari could have a little advantage over Rb, Lotus can win the race in the qualify in a good position. I dont expect to see Mercedes fighting in the front, as we have seen in Bahrein high temperatures dont suit the WO4(as it sadly happened with WO1/2/3).

Anyway, as it has been mentioned a big package will be introduced by many teams in this race so expectatives could be totally wrong.

aral
aral

Barcelona is three weeks away, and already we have the solutions for the various teams! I hope that all the teams read these comments and realise that they have the wrong members in the their team. How long before the usual comment "Merc have found an extra .5 secs" ? :lol: :lol:

Maelstrom
Maelstrom

Well... Maldonaldo is certainly not going to win this year. :mrgreen:

I think Alonso, Vettel and Raikonnen all have a fair chance at winning. This might even end up the podium. I also think Merc will do better than Bahrain, atleast. Maybe a 4th or fifth place finish for one of the Mercs. Possibly a third place finish.

raymondu999

Somebody wake me up in 3 weeks time. I feel for the teams, and they need rest and all - but I'd still prefer it if we had a race every weekend :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

stefan_
stefan_

raymondu999 wrote:Somebody wake me up in 3 weeks time. I feel for the teams, and they need rest and all - but I'd still prefer it if we had a race every weekend :lol:
Same here. Have to figure out what to do with my life for 3 weeks :)

The good thing is that we will have F1, GP2, GP3 & Porsche Supercup in the same weekend.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

raymondu999

Someone needs to move them to one-a-week, then that would ease the wait a lot :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

stefan_
stefan_

That would be good. FR 3.5 & WTCC this weekend eases off the pain a little bit though :)
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

beelsebob
beelsebob

raymondu999 wrote:Someone needs to move them to one-a-week, then that would ease the wait a lot :mrgreen:
The issue is of course the tracks don't want that – they want to be able to have one weekend of awesome with F1 and support races, so that they can really make their cash back.

FW17

raymondu999 wrote:Image
Wish they would go back to the previous layout now that pirelli and DRS are taking care of the show
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InnIf8qP-Ms[/youtube]

beelsebob
beelsebob

WilliamsF1 wrote:Wish they would go back to the previous layout now that pirelli and DRS are taking care of the show
Why? What do you think is better about it? Personally, I think it makes for a rather samey circuit, with no real overtaking zones.

Guisson

I found an interesting Fact about the Spanish Grand Prix :
The Last 7 Races have been won by 7 different drivers

2006 Fernando Alonso
2007 Felipe Massa
2008 Kimi Räikkönen
2009 Jenson Button
2010 Mark Webber
2011 Sebastian Vettel
2012 Pastor Maldonando
2013 ? a FORCE INDIA to create a surprise?

I think there is no predictions to make , we have to wait until FP1/2 Until the Teams use their big upgrades .
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger