Ferrari 2007

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Jason

And my answer is....support Kimi Raikkonen :)
Never regret what you do, but only regret what you don't do. - Jenson Button
http://batracer.com/-1FrontPage.htm?LW

ketanpaul

Well guys, i am pretty sure if Kimi goes to Ferrari, Schumi will sign another team. But i dont want this to happen, so Schumi/Massa works for me. A person like kimi doesnt belong to a team like Ferrari. Kimi is just an arrogant (although really talented) but kinda selfish driver. Ferrari needs a person like Schumi to be in their team, to motivate them and play soccer. Maybe Alonso should had tried to get into Ferrari, his personality kinda suits there

Jason

ketanpaul wrote:Well guys, i am pretty sure if Kimi goes to Ferrari, Schumi will sign another team. But i dont want this to happen, so Schumi/Massa works for me. A person like kimi doesnt belong to a team like Ferrari. Kimi is just an arrogant (although really talented) but kinda selfish driver. Ferrari needs a person like Schumi to be in their team, to motivate them and play soccer. Maybe Alonso should had tried to get into Ferrari, his personality kinda suits there
Agreed :P I hope Kimi stays in Mclaren :mrgreen:

Scuderia_Russ

Although I'd prefer to see Kimi vs Fernando, Kimi vs Schuey will do for me!

flynfrog

kimi and shu if they could put a car under them the duo would take over the world

Tp
Tp

Theoretically Kimi and M. Schumacher would but a great driver line up.....But some-times great results never really materialises with certain driver line-ups. Look at

Alonso - Fisichella (We were expecting fireworks, but in the end Alonso dominated)

Raikkonen - Montoya

Barrichello - Button (Although it is too early to tell)

Principessa

I don't think that Schumi will partner with Raikkonen. I think Raikkonen has already signed his contract and that Schumi will stop racing, or that he'll go to another team. And if they do partner, what will happen with Massa?
I really think that a lot of drivers will switch teams next season. Alonso to McLaren and I think that both Kimi and JP will leave McLaren. At Renault I think Kovalainen will take the seat of Alonso, but will Fisico stay? I don't think so, or his results must improve! So I think Schumi or JP will go to Renault.
Klein and Coulthard...what will happen with them?
Ide will get replaced at Super Aguri, if not during the season than it will be after the season.

A lot of changes await, especially with the big teams...but we'll have to be patient and see what happens.

jaslfc
jaslfc

my prediction..
alonso and kimi in mclaren
shumi and kovalainen in renault
jpm and dc in redbull
klien and heidfeld in bmw
jv (following his fathers footsteps) and massa in ferrari

i doubt itll be this way but one can ponder

Principessa

Do you really think that JV is welcome at Ferrari next season? BTW...BMW should be crazy to let him go next season. They should realise that they are very lucky to have such a great and experienced driver in their team that gives so much good data to the engineeers. Btw...I don't believe that if JV has to leave or leaves the team that they'll put Klien into his race seat. Don't forget that they are very very pleased with the work of Kubica...so who knows, perhaps he'll get the free race seat than.

Jason

jaslfc wrote:my prediction..
alonso and kimi in mclaren
shumi and kovalainen in renault
jpm and dc in redbull
klien and heidfeld in bmw
jv (following his fathers footsteps) and massa in ferrari

i doubt itll be this way but one can ponder
Schuey in Renault?(high blood pressure for Manchild :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: )I welcome JV to Ferrari, and could you imagine JPM and DC in RBR ? :P JPM to Honda or BMW. Heifeld to Williams and Mark Webber to BMW :P :P :P

Principessa

Where do you get this stupid ideas Jason??
NO WAY Webber and Heidfeld would swop race seats! Why would they? They are both still under contract (Webber I'm not sure). Heidfeld won't leave BMW!

jaslfc
jaslfc

i know having jv in ferrari is far fetched. but just a simple suggestion coz he needs to really do well to keep his seat in bmw.. no way heidfeld wll leave bmw. he is their golden boy and he is doing well there. what about toyota? when is ralf's contract ending?

Jason

Renault is after signing Michael Schumacher up for the 2007 season claim a number of reports. As Schumacher's Ferrari deal reaches its end this season, Renault boss Flavio Briatore is apparently keen to take up the German's services to replace Fernando Alonso.

Schumacher's boss Willi Weber has done nothing to quash the rumours telling German newspaper Bild, "Flavio Briatore has been in touch to say that we should talk with him. We've known Flavio for a long time but we'll speak with Ferrari first."

Of course it's all likely to be a negotiating ploy by Schumacher's manager as discussions with Ferrari heat up. Schumacher is still favourite to stick with Ferrari for at least one more season.
As I expect it would be :P :P :P :P :P :P

Principessa

Jason I've posted that news 3 days ago! So it's not much news under the sun!

jezzwa

I think Kimi has already signed a pre-contract ducument with ferrari, saying he will drive for ferrari IF Schumacher decides retire/move teams. So ferrari would be keeping their options open pending on if Schumacher leaves or stays. But either way i doubt we will see Massa driving for them beyond this year unless of course he has some stellar races /rant :P
Vote 1 for GPs back in Adelaide