Do you think Bourdais should get a F1 seat?

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
j4kwan
j4kwan

From what I remember Bourdais had a chance with Renault, but turned it down because he would have had to sign on with Briatore as his manager. Since Bourdais didn't want him as a manager, he lost his Renault ticket to F1! Perhaps that will be his only chance at F1...I hope not.

anywayz....GO BERNOLDI GO!! LOL

ketanpaul

Well, I dont think he had such a deal with renault, coz if he had one with the kind of desparation he's showing now he wouldn't had declined for just changing has manager !

Tom

Would you want Flav managing you?

j4kwan said:
GO BERNOLDI GO!!
He was the only backmarker who was ever really good enough for me to remember his full name.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

mini696

Back in the days when Vileneuve and to a certain extent Montoya joined F1, CART or Champcars were a LOT more competive than they are now...

Old chassis, hardly any real competition etc.

I doubt that doing well in CART is still a precourser to doing well in F1.

j4kwan
j4kwan

he won't be in F1...no way...too old...will ask for too much money...won't take a test seat...won't race as a back marker...

jaslfc
jaslfc

i think bordais can make it in f1. he needs to sacrifice alot. maybe taking a third driver role for a year. look at anthony davidson. i think he should be racing ahead of drivers like sato ide montiero, albers but sometimes politics and marketablity may be a factor. Correct me if im wrong but isnt the reason for why ferrari has a south american driver in the last few years due to the huge market they have there in south america,(i read it somewhere)

jgredline

Unfortunatly for bordais, he came to champ car when it had no compettion.
Really all the good teams and drivers left. Perhaps when the IRL and champ car are back together formula1 will again look to the us open wheel series for drivers.
JPM was the last to come out of there when it was still a real racing series.
As for Bordais, trully he may be great, but then again maybe not. We just don't know.
To finish first, first you must finish.