Aston Martin AMR22 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
billamend
billamend

Re: Aston Martin AMR22 Speculation Thread

The sources are not very trustworthy for this rumour, but I predict that AM and Alpine will not have a great season. A lot of management changes are _never_ a good sign.
Last edited by billamend on 29 Jan 2022, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.

cplchanb
cplchanb

We shall see....gpblog has as much credibility as Newsmax in the USA

Blackout

billamend wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 15:56
The sources are not very trustworthy for this rumour, but I predict that AM and Alpine will not have a great season. A lot of management changes are _never_ a good sign.

- Renault at the end of 2009: big management changes --> 2010 season is much better despite that
- Ferrari in 2014 : big management changes --> 2015 season is much better despite that
- Mclaren at the end of 2019: big management changes --> 2010 season is much better despite that
Management changes are supposed to improve results in the medium and long term of course, but they dont always hurt the short term. And the previous management is not always totally incompetent

billamend
billamend

Blackout wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 18:00
billamend wrote:
29 Jan 2022, 15:56

- Renault at the end of 2009: big management changes --> 2010 season is much better despite that
- Ferrari in 2014 : big management changes --> 2015 season is much better despite that
- Mclaren at the end of 2019: big management changes --> 2010 season is much better despite that
Management changes are supposed to improve results in the medium and long term of course, but they dont always hurt the short term. And the previous management is not always totally incompetent
That is a fair point, but I would counter argue that none of those happened before a big regulation change. And for instance, in the case of McLaren, the big changes were already happening and the team was already on an upwards trajectory.

adrianjordan

I think it depends on who the manager is.

I would imagine Otmar has much less influence on the technical development of the car than he does the day to day operations.

I would hope that his leaving won't have that much of an impact on the car and the trackside operations have enough time to adjust before the first race.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

NAPI10
NAPI10

Don't see any hint of florescent green :( :(

ScrewCaptain27

Generic show car again
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

geraldix
geraldix

Hopefully they'll show the real thing instead of just the livery on the show car...

TimmTurbo
TimmTurbo

Hi guys,

does anybody know when Aston Martin switched focus on the new car ?.
As far as i can remember they never brought major or significant updates during last season. Only small ones from race to race such as the common track related low, mid or high downforce configurations or minor stuff.

There is an article in AMuS today mentioning the history of huge spec changes and the related mix in the peking order due to some teams early decisions to stop dev. on current cars. However not a single word about AMR there.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... rofiteure/

Blackout

TimmTurbo wrote:
08 Feb 2022, 12:46
Hi guys,

does anybody know when Aston Martin switched focus on the new car ?.
As far as i can remember they never brought major or significant updates during last season. Only small ones from race to race such as the common track related low, mid or high downforce configurations or minor stuff.

There is an article in AMuS today mentioning the history of huge spec changes and the related mix in the peking order due to some teams early decisions to stop dev. on current cars. However not a single word about AMR there.

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... rofiteure/
No AM brought major updates in the first 5-6 races (like fully new sidepods and stuff around the sidepods etc)

TimmTurbo
TimmTurbo

Ah okay, maybe i forgot about that. Thanks

But no statement on when they started shifting the capacities towards 2022 known to anybody i guess.

Giando

An 'insider' told me a few mins ago that the AMR22 we're going to see tomorrow should be the real car.

Let see if my source is reliable :D

AMG.Tzan

After seeing Red Bull's livery launch I don't expect either Aston Martin or Mclaren to show us anything real...
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

Giando wrote:
09 Feb 2022, 23:48
An 'insider' told me a few mins ago that the AMR22 we're going to see tomorrow should be the real car.

Let see if my source is reliable :D
Let’s hope it is!

Zynerji

AM could be a serious contender in 2022 I feel. They were probably the most efficient under a tight budget before the cap. While other teams had to reorganize, AM just got more money from Stroll & Co, lots of decent engineers from other teams, and a new building.

I predict a few podiums for this team in 22!