2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Mansell89
Mansell89

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

I didn’t rate Ricciardo in the Toro Rosso but he was just another animal in the Red Bull once he got his chance, and was also superb in the Renault.

The idea he is past any best is nonsense in my view- he’s a great driver in a great car and comes alive when the car is better, much like Jenson Button in many ways IMHO.

Hs he got limitations? Sure- we’ve seen them in Toro Rosso ant times and latterly McLaren. But none of those are age or career length related.

He would absolutely have far more fun than Perez in that car because he has the overtaking skills to cover off any qualifying struggles. He’d be great for a neutral watch!

Lawson is a rookie, Tsunoda is a little too immature mentally- Ricc is the man unless anyone wants to phone Alonso for a two year deal, but we all know that is unlikely.

Wouter

Max his former trainer Bradly Scanes explains why he left F1.
He moved from Felsted to London last summer and his little girl (3) is visiting him there.
With 200 days away and 110 flights a year it was/is difficult to see her.

http://tinyurl.com/3ys29kf2
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

About the reserve driver Liam Lawson. Helmut Marko will let him race a few races this year to see if he is capable enough for RBR.
Lawson ‘the one’ for Marko and Berger

AlphaTauri CEO Peter Bayer has revealed how Liam Lawson came highly recommended to Red Bull by Gerhard Berger
but that former team principal Franz Tost needed convincing.

Bayer, who took over as team CEO last year, says he remembered “some good racing” from Lawson during his two seasons in F2 whilst working at the time with the FIA.

Speaking to Speedcafe, he added: “For me, the main impulse came through Gerhard who said that when Liam was doing DTM he was bloody amazing.

“Gerhard is a big fan of Liam’s racing style. He said, ‘He’s the one. He’s going for the gap, and he’s fast’.

“Helmut was also very convinced by his natural speed but Franz was initially a bit sceptical. He said, ‘Looking at his results, I’m not sure’.

“If you purely look at the results, he wouldn’t be a standout driver, but he has done a lot of racing, and in different categories, and again and again he was showing there was a spark. Helmut was 100 percent ‘That’s the guy’.

“Franz, Christian (Horner, Red Bull team principal), and I had a long discussion, and that’s how Liam got the reserve role.”

Lawson was taken on as test and reserve driver with AlphaTauri and Red Bull in 2022, before being catapulted into the F1 spotlight last year when replacing Daniel Ricciardo over the Dutch Grand Prix weekend after the Australian broke a bone in his left hand following a crash in practice.

The young New Zealander performed superbly in very tricky conditions, going on to race in a further four grands prix, notably finishing ninth in the Singapore GP, as well as just missing out on points in Italy and Japan.

Bayer was left amazed by how well Lawson adapted, particularly given the ‘huge pressure’ he was under as a rookie.

“You get this one chance in Formula 1, and you want to deliver because there are only 20 seats,” said Bayer.

“I told Liam about my interview (for the AlphaTauri CEO position) with the shareholders. I’ve done so many interviews, and done so much talking in my life, but I was still bloody nervous.

“For these guys, it’s a one-off when they know they have to deliver. They may get one opportunity and that is it.

“Liam said that in Zandvoort he was so f***ing nervous. He said he was like this in the car (shaky hands), but then once he got going, he was alright.

“That’s a racing driver, when suddenly the switch falls and you transform that excitement into performance.

“That’s really where you see the difference with these guys, and that’s what he (Lawson) is absolutely capable of. Put him in the car, that’s the switch, and he goes.”
https://speedcafe.com/liam-lawson-alpha ... rd-berger/
The Power of Dreams!

organic

Red Bull's Hypercar RB17 is set to be unveiled this year
Horner "Adrian with his wealth of experience is able to mentor and develop that team - as well as designing the RB17 our first ever track sportscar which will be unveiled in 2024."

Wouter

Red Bull: the presentation of the RB20 set for February 8th

Red Bull Racing will present the RB20 on February 8, the day after Alpine. Will it be a fictitious presentation like the last ones?
The answer could be yes, considering the recently failed crash test.

Author Giacomo Rauli
Motorsport Italy

Red Bull Racing will be among the first Formula 1 teams to unveil its new single-seater to chase the 2024 world titles and confirm itself as the dominator of this historical period after putting an end to the Mercedes epic that lasted from 2014 to 2021.

The team directed by Christian Horner will unveil its new weapon on February 8th, the day after the big Alpine presentation in which both the Formula 1 single-seater and the definitive version - livery included - of the A424 LMDh will be revealed which will take part in the WEC.

As for the event, the presentation, once again several doubts arise related to its nature. Over the past seasons, the Milton Keynes-based team has used the presentation of the car not to show it to the world, but to give visibility to sponsors and new technical partners.

Red Bull will be the only top team to present the car in the first of the two weeks of February (5th to 14th) dedicated to presentations. Aston Martin will unveil the AMR24 on the 12th, Ferrari on the 13th while Mercedes and McLaren on February 14th, on Valentine's Day.
The Power of Dreams!

ME4ME

OK so no spicy details then, just an RB18/19/20 hybrid.

CMC
CMC

It will be a livery launch at best. It is a marketing event (as all the teams' launch presentations are).

organic

RB development & sim driver Jake Dennis made a surprisingly forward quote in a recent interview
I would expect us to become champions again, unless someone like Ferrari or Mercedes somehow manages to find about a second (per lap) overnight. I think it's going to be quite a dull season in F1, with Max probably dominating.

chrisc90

Sounds about right. I read that earlier (the full interview) and did have a giggle at how he said it.

DoctorRadio
DoctorRadio

organic wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 12:56
RB development & sim driver Jake Dennis made a surprisingly forward quote in a recent interview
I would expect us to become champions again, unless someone like Ferrari or Mercedes somehow manages to find about a second (per lap) overnight. I think it's going to be quite a dull season in F1, with Max probably dominating.
The way he talks, so it will be hard to find a second for Mercedes and Ferrari; I thought that once they had gotten free of the limitations of their cars and had the correct understanding of this formula, it would have been “easy” to find a lot of performance.
So, it doesn’t absolutely work as that.

Dennis doesn’t even consider McLaren.

Wouter

chrisc90 wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 13:40
Sounds about right. I read that earlier (the full interview) and did have a giggle at how he said it.
I read it this morning.
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula- ... n-31872246
By Daniel Moxon Senior F1 Writer
14 Jan 2024

Formula E champion Jake Dennis is also a Red Bull development driver and has been
on the simulator in recent months helping the team to create their 2024 RB20 car.

Asked by Mirror Sport what F1 fans can expect from the RB20 having driven the developing car on the simulator, he said:
"We've got an extremely fast race car again at the Red Bull team.

"I would expect us to become champions again, unless someone like Ferrari or Mercedes somehow manages to find about a second [per lap] overnight. I think it's going to be quite a dull season in Formula 1 with Max probably dominating."

Their dominance allowed them to focus on developing the RB20 months before any of their rivals could begin to think about their 2024 cars. "I'd be lying if I said we didn't switch our attention to the 2024 car quite quickly," said Dennis. "We didn't do any development on the 2023 car after Singapore."
Dennis, 28, has been a development driver for the team since 2018 and so would love to see his prediction come true.
The Power of Dreams!

Cs98
Cs98

DoctorRadio wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 14:12
organic wrote:
The way he talks, so it will be hard to find a second for Mercedes and Ferrari; I thought that once they had gotten free of the limitations of their cars and had the correct understanding of this formula, it would have been “easy” to find a lot of performance.

One second is quite significant once you realise the best cars really didn't get much faster if at all from late 2022 to late 2023. There were a lot of gains early in 2022 as weights were dropping and teams were gaining a better understanding of the new cars. But a one second time gain from the end of 2023 to the start of 2024 would be very impressive, and perhaps unrealistic.

organic

Recent statements from team members have been uncharacteristically arrogant, even for RB. Usually things are fairly quiet in the winter and this year it's been the opposite.

Posturing perhaps, or reflective of reality - we'll see. Either way they're setting themselves up

Vanja #66

After a season like 2023, anything less than 15 wins will be a very poor result. After losing a single win in 1988, McLaren again lost only 6 races in 1989. Rules are stable, PUs are the same (so no reliability concerns) so there is nothing at all that can work against them in 2024.

If any driver actually manages to get anywhere close to Max in standings, let alone make it an actual c'ship battle, we'll be witnesing a miracle.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

mendis
mendis

DoctorRadio wrote:
14 Jan 2024, 14:12
organic wrote:

Pirelli had declared that 2023 tires would be a second and half faster than 2022, but the overall car performance at most tracks that were almost constant (tarmac, track conditions etc) like Bahrain and Abu Dhabi, the performance difference was less than a second between 2023 and 2022. So if despite the supposedly improved tyres if the cars made barely significant progress, it's difficult to imagine anyone making half a second over their 2023 cars in 2024.

https://scuderiafans.com/pirelli-reveal ... ext%20week.