The so called 'New Engines'

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
marcush.
marcush.

as I have stated elsewere :
the cool thing was a fighting fund on anything.
so for every dollar or pound spent you have to supply the same amount into the fighting fund ,which happens to half your budget .
This fund is then transferred back on aperfomance related basis ,so as to give minardi the biggest amount.
One would think very deep to spend these sums to effectively sponsor the minnows...and of course Minardi would get a quite substantial budget and start to become a real contender.
After two or three years things would have levelled out all having the same sum to spend and competition would only be won by beeing brighter or beeing more talented or determined.
There would be no scope for huge investments then as your potential gain would be the competitors also.....

uzael
uzael

I don't think there's any effective way to monitor what a team's income or expenditure is. Therefore, having a budget cap would be an unenforcable rule. A great notion for levelling the playing filed, but ultimately a dead end.
"I'll bring us through this. As always. I'll carry you - kicking and screaming - and in the end you'll thank me. "

marcush.
marcush.

oh ,you think it is it is not that easy to monitor costs ?
Just find out about what 800 employees cost you....if one assumes a rather average income of 1800€ per month (current average in Germany)
and double that for social fees ,insurances etc and let thes average guys work one year...and voila we arrive at the princely sum of:34.560000€
If one is going thru a company this way ,you will soon be fully aware how much money is spent... so you go testing?20 Persons 4 days? That is 18
flights ,54 nights in the hotel ,food for 4 days it is actually quite easy to
count the beans ,but a little time consuming I agree.
One would not have to know the exact sum ,it would be sufficent to assume a sum .If anyone questions the sum to pay he has to come up with the numbers...easy.