Minimum weight - should it be increased?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Paul

Re: Minimum weight - should it be increased?

Interesting idea, Henning, but then again that would mean that the seat would weight up to 40kg, which is a bit too much I think, plus the engineers would still be interested in lowering driver/seat weight ratio because it would be preferrable from the point of lower CoG.

scarbs
scarbs

Re: Minimum weight - should it be increased?

Increasing the weight limit will only leave us with the same problem teams will focus on lighter drivers in order to maximise ballast. Hennings idea runs along similar lines to those I thought of. As long as the team are free use the weight difference between drivers for ballast that be placed anywhere, then the issue shall remain. I think that equality ballast to bridge the weight gap between drivers is needed, and should be fitted in the seatback\fuel tank bulkhead. Centred at an agreed height, so as not to penalise heavier drivers, so light drivers can’t have their ballast placed at floor level to improve CofG.