Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Canadian GP 2010 - Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

@ Islamatron, yeah, Carbon Carbon. I am just used to the carbon ceramic being touted all over in the production car world so I tend to type it by accident. Either way, I wonder if and how a Crabon-Carbon brake disk will break if you hit it with a hammer? Vettels brake disk splitting in two really make me wonder if it was overloaded or just merely a low quality unit.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

ISLAMATRON

what conditions would hitting it with a hammer simulate?
Vettel's brake disc broke at the ventilation holes correct?

Earnard Beccelstone
Earnard Beccelstone

The first real low downforce circuit of the year.

Should be interesting, given just how even the Red Bulls and McLarens were in Turkey, which appears to favour their higher downforce car.

Looking at the speed traps results from Turkey, the McLarens had anywhere from 4 to 8 kph advantage through the trap. Given that end of straight speeds have been up to 10 kph quicker this year, I'd expect the circuit to be even more favourable to McLaren.

I wonder if Red Bull can claw this back in Canada with the adoption of their own F-duct?

esbjornzon
esbjornzon

First post guvs, so please be nice to me.

I'm pretty sure it would break, it's at very porous(right word?) material, at least the ones on the F430 challenge cars I've worked with.

but feel free to correct me!

raceman

:lol:

What I still remember from the last Canadian GP is the pit lane accident between Kimi and Lewis, along with famous comments from Steve Slater - "Now this is the height of stupidity!"

Boy, what an accident it was!! :twisted: #-o

Later, Rosberg thanked Lewis that he chose Kimi and not him to ram on! :mrgreen:

rsist
rsist

"Later, Rosberg thanked Lewis that he chose Kimi and not him to ram on!'
It was kubica standing side to side with kimi, when lewis came and crashed from behind, kubica won the race that day

lebesset
lebesset

funny how nobody ever commented on the fact that kimi didn't stop in line behind kubica , which I would have though was the correct thing to do ; maybe he also was going too fast to stop behind kubica , I don't remember seeing that shot

of course if he had it would have left hamilton somewhere to go

then there would have been nothing to talk about so good job he didn't !

incidentally , why didn't hamilton's crew inform him the light was red , as 2 cars ahead of him had stopped it must have been for a moment or two
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

Pandamasque

lebesset wrote:funny how nobody ever commented on the fact that kimi didn't stop in line behind kubica , which I would have though was the correct thing to do ; maybe he also was going too fast to stop behind kubica , I don't remember seeing that shot
That's very trolling of you to say so. You could at least make up a rule to support that! :-|

marcush.
marcush.

esbjornzon wrote:First post guvs, so please be nice to me.

I'm pretty sure it would break, it's at very porous(right word?) material, at least the ones on the F430 challenge cars I've worked with.

but feel free to correct me!

that is not Carbon it is Carone ceramic CCB .

raymondu999

actually, question here. We know that Monza is an out and out power circuit with the only real aero or downforce corner being the last one (Parabolica, is it?). Spa is a bit of a mixed bag which rewards good downforce and stability through fast corners in the middle sector and a bit of the last sector, and of course through Eau Rouge, with the long straight easy pickings for the powerful V8s of Mercedes, but how much is Gilles Villeneuve a tax on the engines? In reference to these two other power circuits?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

ISLAMATRON

lebesset wrote:funny how nobody ever commented on the fact that kimi didn't stop in line behind kubica , which I would have though was the correct thing to do ; maybe he also was going too fast to stop behind kubica , I don't remember seeing that shot

of course if he had it would have left hamilton somewhere to go

then there would have been nothing to talk about so good job he didn't !

incidentally , why didn't hamilton's crew inform him the light was red , as 2 cars ahead of him had stopped it must have been for a moment or two
Kimi had no obligation to stop in line with BOB, and there was plenty of room for Lewis to go to the left of Kimi, he just wasnt paying attention and broke/turned too late, same for Rosberg who ran into the back of Lewis... it was a really strange incident, but nothing as stupid as what Vettel did yesterday.

@raymondu999 CGV is somewhat an engine track but not as much as Spa or Monza, more about acceleration than top end, hard on the gearbox... but it is horrific on the brakes

lebesset
lebesset

trolling ?

I thought they had to leave the pits in line , not side by side ; how is that trolling?

actually , I just searched out a video and kimi was there because of his pit position

but I didn't realise that hamilton would have been out of the race anyway ...if he had stopped where he should have ,the hit from the rear by rosberg [ I think ] would have been more severe than it was

funny how more than one driver made exactly the same error ; co-incidence ?
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be

timbo
timbo

On FI shot, are pads in "bite" position?
Or the clearance between rotor and pads is so small?
Last edited by timbo on 31 May 2010, 19:00, edited 1 time in total.

andrew
andrew
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland - WhiteBlue Country (not the region)

If I remember right, Hamilton veered off to the left and hit Raikonnen. Any ideas why he didn't just keep the car straight?

ISLAMATRON

Probly because there was open space to the left of Kimi that he was aiming for but just wasnt able to react in time.