2018 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 8-10

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Edax
Edax

Re: 2018 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 8-10

dans79 wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 21:08
MtthsMlw wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 20:54
AMuS reports that during inspection they found a 0.2mm inaccuracy on the crankcase.
I find that hard to believe. I can easily maintain that all day every day in my garage machine shop. If it's true several people need a pink slip.
Stuff happens. I often have seen these kind of tolerance issues, even in flight hardware for space.

You can easily maintain these kind of tolerances mechanically, but if there is an error in the technical drawing package, you will mill the part to the wrong tolerance and you will not catch it in inspection.

For instance if the designer writes down the wrong clearance fit, or the wrong reference plane to the clearance then you are lost, no matter how accurately you can work.

Should not happen, but it is humans doing the job.

santos
santos

"Like I said at the start of this press conference, I get really tired of the questions, I think if I get a few more I will headbutt someone." - I would like to know what Horner, the FIA and Liberty Media have to say about this kind of speech. Specialy the Liberty Media. Does this comply with the values that they want in F1?

Vanja #66

0.2mm is way too much for a machining error, 0.02mm is in the ballpark, as MtthsMlw wrote in edited post.
MtthsMlw wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 20:54
AMuS reports that during inspection they found a 0.02mm inaccuracy on the crankcase.

Edit: report updated 0.2 mm -> 0.02mm
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

siskue2005

santos wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 21:59
"Like I said at the start of this press conference, I get really tired of the questions, I think if I get a few more I will headbutt someone." - I would like to know what Horner, the FIA and Liberty Media have to say about this kind of speech. Specialy the Liberty Media. Does this comply with the values that they want in F1?
What values of f1? Is there anything like that? This is not like a religion with a bible telling them what to do and not to do. He has character, let him say whatever we want....we don't want corporate BS thrown around all the time making them zombies....let us have some flair. James hunt would have approved of it.

dans79

siskue2005 wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 22:06
What values of f1? Is there anything like that? This is not like a religion with a bible telling them what to do and not to do. He has character, let him say whatever we want....we don't want corporate BS thrown around all the time making them zombies....let us have some flair. James hunt would have approved of it.
You completely missed the point, their is a difference between reiterating the corporate line, and threatening to assault someone who asks you a question you don't like!

Personally I'd love to see him try, he'd probably get laid out by one of the reporters.
197 104 103 7

notsofast
notsofast

I think you forgot to add the smiley to your quote. Apparently he was smiling when he said it. That would change the meaning quite a bit.

siskue2005

dans79 wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 22:18
siskue2005 wrote:
You completely missed the point, their is a difference between reiterating the corporate line, and threatening to assault someone who asks you a question you don't like!

Personally I'd love to see him try, he'd probably get laid out by one of the reporters.
Oh common, threatening to assault?? :lol: It was joke from him....Zidane analogy....people need to take life less seriously.

dans79

notsofast wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 22:29
I think you forgot to add the smiley to your quote. Apparently he was smiling when he said it. That would change the meaning quite a bit.
watch the video, its at best a smirk a few seconds after he finished his statement.
197 104 103 7

santos
santos

siskue2005 wrote:
santos wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 21:59
I'm just saying this because liberty media banned the grid girls because they did not represent the values that they want in F1...
For Max, if he really do that, i just hope that the other guy ruins his face after that. James Hunt would approved... yeah look how his career ended, and life.

RZS10

What's with people who speak french and insisting to speak french despite being fluent in english when even those who can barely put a proper sentence together try to?

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

notsofast wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 22:29
The word ‘Apparently’ suggests you haven’t watched it. I suggest you do mate.
The look on his face was sullen as he was talking. He meant every damn word.

GPR-A duplicate2

Where are all the mods? Why has the racing thread become Red Bull driver discussion and bashing forum?

djos

GPR-A wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 06:37
Where are all the mods? Why has the racing thread become Red Bull driver discussion and bashing forum?
The commentary is well within the scope of the Canadian GP and directly on events taking place during the GP weekend. #-o
"In downforce we trust"

Vasconia

BwajSF wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 11:53
Vasconia wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 11:40
f1316 wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 09:15
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/ ... til-france

You’ve got to think this swings the balance towards Ferrari for Canada - Mercedes having to run the same PU for a 7th race means they’ll likely have to be careful with settings vs. what’s rumoured to be a brand new PU inc 12 more horses in Seb’s car.

Albeit, if Mercedes make it work, they’ll be in a good position to go to the end of the year without penalties.
even Mercedes can have some problems.
Mercs are not chariots of Gods.. they are also just a team which managed to do the best turbo engines and run away till last year with sufficient advantage in the front.. and always had thier engines turned down half way down the race.. now that they are coming under real pressure they are pushing the limits more and cracking..

its not "Even Mercs".. its juts Mercs....
I used that term because it was clear that they had/have a beast of a PU and its something new to see them facing some difficulties.

BwajSF
BwajSF

Vasconia wrote:
08 Jun 2018, 08:43
BwajSF wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 11:53
Vasconia wrote:
07 Jun 2018, 11:40

even Mercedes can have some problems.
Mercs are not chariots of Gods.. they are also just a team which managed to do the best turbo engines and run away till last year with sufficient advantage in the front.. and always had thier engines turned down half way down the race.. now that they are coming under real pressure they are pushing the limits more and cracking..

its not "Even Mercs".. its juts Mercs....
I used that term because it was clear that they had/have a beast of a PU and its something new to see them facing some difficulties.
Peace bro.. i also kinda meant it in a different way... didnt mean any offense.. :)