2021 Alpine F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
adrianjordan

Re: 2021 Alpine F1 Team

RedNEO wrote:
05 Feb 2021, 12:33
JordanMugen wrote:
05 Feb 2021, 00:29
RedNEO wrote:
04 Feb 2021, 18:08
Yep, that does seem like the kind of livery Enstone would come up with! Shame about the lack of metallic paint and lack of gloss.

Nothing like the LMP2 car, because of course it will look nothing like the LMP2 car :lol: :roll:
Eh can you name one metallic glossy car on the grid? The Ferrari is like this aswell, even the Red Bull. The only conclusion we can reach is weight disadvantage to painting something metallic and exposure because looking at it from a camera perspective would be like looking at a mirror with the sun bouncing off it.
Mercedes is glossy, not sure whether there's a metallic edge to the black, but the silver definitely was.

RP was glossy, we'll see whether AM is soon enough.

Did Alfa Romeo have a glossy livery, can't remember. I think Haas did, though not metallic IIRC.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

RedNEO

Mercedes is glossy I agree but it wouldn’t be right if they were called the silver arrows and it be a matte colour. Is it even possible to have silver that’s not shiny? There was rumour saying Alpine was working to change up the livery to something better after a mixed reception for the winter livery so there’s still a chance they come with something shiny and different to what people are expecting.

RedNEO

adrianjordan

I fully expect to be disappointed with the eventual livery, but only because there have been some very good "fan" made ones, I put quotes around that because some are by the guy who actually works for them!!

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

RedNEO

Who is it? I’d like to see some of them

RedNEO

I’d be ok with something like this but if it’s fast I wouldn’t really mind what it looks like.

JordanMugen

RedNEO wrote:
Eh can you name one metallic glossy car on the grid?

I suspect the difference is negligible. So why not use the nice gloss paint like the LMP2 car, and match the colour of the current model A110 exactly? :D

RedNEO wrote:
05 Feb 2021, 23:55
Mercedes is glossy I agree but it wouldn’t be right if they were called the silver arrows and it be a matte colour. Is it even possible to have silver that’s not shiny?
Yes, Mercedes raced in matte originally. Even if it saved weight, it just didn't look very good, so it wasn't worth it IMO.

RedNEO

Yikes that “silver” livery looks more like 50 shades of grey

RedNEO

JordanMugen wrote:
06 Feb 2021, 00:56
RedNEO wrote:
Eh can you name one metallic glossy car on the grid?
https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/upl ... 857-29.jpg
https://www.racefans.net/wp-content/upl ... _HiRes.jpg

I suspect the difference is negligible. So why not use the nice gloss paint like the LMP2 car, and match the colour of the current model A110 exactly? :D
Anything is still possible, I think they want this image refresh to hit the right note so they will work hard to make sure they get it right I hope. They put out an interim to gauge which direction they need to go at least.

JordanMugen

RedNEO wrote:
06 Feb 2021, 03:30
Anything is still possible, I think they want this image refresh to hit the right note so they will work hard to make sure they get it right I hope. They put out an interim to gauge which direction they need to go at least.
They already have an Alpine racing livery! It matches the road car exactly. :wink: It seems inexplicable the Enstone operation would feel the need to make anything else really. :lol: :wtf:

Yet they have already painted the trucks and test-car in tricolore highlights instead of Alpine orange. :wtf: :wtf: At most, all they might want to do is replace the dayglo orange with fluroescent red, but that is all. :)
Last edited by JordanMugen on 06 Feb 2021, 03:43, edited 1 time in total.

RedNEO

JordanMugen wrote:
06 Feb 2021, 03:42
RedNEO wrote:
06 Feb 2021, 03:30
They already have an Alpine racing livery! It matches the road car exactly. :wink: It seems inexplicable the Enstone operation would feel the need to make anything else really. :lol: :wtf:

https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images ... 6494_1.jpg
This could work

JordanMugen

RedNEO wrote:
06 Feb 2021, 03:43
That's the Formula Renault, isn't it? Which is a darker, more purple, "Royal Blue" colour like Toro Rosso for some reason. :?:

It doesn't look bad, but it's not even close to being the right colour IMO! Obviously the classic and contemporary Alpine Racing Blue are not the same, as can be seen clearly below, but at least they are in the same ballpark. :)

Traditional Alpine Racing Blue:

Modern Alpine Racing Blue:

adrianjordan

RedNEO wrote:
06 Feb 2021, 00:01
Who is it? I’d like to see some of them
The one who works for them is Sean Bull, he's on Instagram, but there are loads of others on there as well.

Blackout

There you go, it will be... dark blue

GM7

Dark blue could be very good looking ! Remember the 2007 winter test livery...

We could see something like this :