Mclaren Honda 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Thunder

Re: Mclaren Honda 2015

I read about that on the autorsport Forum. I don't believe it. Would RD really be literally forcing himself onto a lost Season?

Remember, this is Eddie Jordan. Not exactly the best Buddy of RD. :D
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

f1universe
f1universe

I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel with Honda's mentality and working philosophy. Next year will be better but how much?.

FoxHound

Thunders wrote:I read about that on the autorsport Forum. I don't believe it. Would RD really be literally forcing himself onto a lost Season?

Eddie Jordan scooped Mercedes return, Micheal Schumacher's return, Lewis Hamilton going to Mercedes and Vettel to Ferrari. RD may not like EJ but that may well be because EJ tells it like it is rather than submitting to Ron speak... :mrgreen:
JET set

Thunder

True but i just can't believe McLaren ran headfirst and fully knowing in such a Season. Let's say i HOPE EJ it isn't right on that one. ^^
#aerogollum

Wazari

FoxHound wrote:Eddie Jordan said on BBC that Honda wanted a 2016 entry but Mclaren stipulated 2015 involvement.
Anything official on along these lines?
Oh boy....did Eddie Jordan really say that on BBC? I wonder how that leaked out. This is not going to help the relationship between RD and Honda. I had heard that nothing was supposed to be leaked out about Ito pressuring his racing division to come out a year early.
“If Honda does not race, there is no Honda.”

“Success represents the 1% of your work which results from the 99% that is called failure.”

-- Honda Soichiro

Thunder

Well of course leaks are not supposed to happen, luckily for us they do anyhow.
#aerogollum

FoxHound

Thunders wrote:True but i just can't believe McLaren ran headfirst and fully knowing in such a Season. Let's say i HOPE EJ it isn't right on that one. ^^
What adds traction to the story is that EJ has worked with Honda before. So he knows the hierarchy.
JET set

Thunder

The british Commentators are way more rude than the Germans:
https://vid.me/qfB0

Also:
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120421
http://www.mclaren.com/formula1/2015/be ... ng-report/

@FoxHound: He is still very well connected in the F1 Business. God it would leave me speechless if true.
Last edited by Thunder on 22 Aug 2015, 18:12, edited 1 time in total.
#aerogollum

Andres125sx

max_speed wrote:when you know your competitor's product you come up with a better spec product its plain simple thing.
If things would be this easy....

Anycase, what makes you think Honda or anyone outside Mercedes know Mercedes PU details? Not even Mercedes powered teams are allowed to open the PU.

Thunder

#aerogollum

ringo

Thunders wrote:I read about that on the autorsport Forum. I don't believe it. Would RD really be literally forcing himself onto a lost Season?

A lost season is unavoidable. You cannot build a good engine without real track testing. A season of races is the best way to get that data. Best to take the plunge at this early stage where mercedes and ferrari only have 1 year's advantage in on track testing.
For Sure!!

drunkf1fan
drunkf1fan

ringo wrote:

A lost season is unavoidable. You cannot build a good engine without real track testing. A season of races is the best way to get that data. Best to take the plunge at this early stage where mercedes and ferrari only have 1 year's advantage in on track testing.

Yet Ferrari, Renault and Mercedes managed it? Also Mclaren had a official test with the engine in November while in 2014 the other three didn't run a test 3-4 months before the preseason test.

Yes you can build a good engine without real track testing, three teams proved it. Even Renault whose engine wasn't the best still after preseason managed to be far more reliable and had better performance than Ferrari last year.

Andres125sx

When every manufacturer is on its very first season perfomance is refered to manufacturers with same experience than you, that´s very different to competing with manufacturers who have a whole season experience when you have no experience at all. Perfomance is always dictated by the comparison with the rest of the teams

Also, my impression is on first season manufacturers focused more on reliablity than perfomance. All of them tried to be as fast as posible, but in first season there was a lot of talk about lack of reliability, how many retirements we were going to see, etc. so I think most of them thought reliability could be a key factor, or that´s my impression after watching 2014 retirements, they were a lot less than expected. But Honda tried to build a PU to compete with the best, so they focused on perfomance more than reliability, probably with the intention to later solve the reliability problems without using tokens, since some retirements this season were not a problem, it was a test season anycase

Unluckily they missed both targets, but I think you can´t compare first season of Honda with first season of the rest, the targets were different

Thunder

What i find weird is that in the last weeks McLaren upped the pressure on Honda partly due to monetary reasons. You don't do that if you know full well from Race 1 (or actually well before, the decision would have to be made way earlier) that the Season is lost right?
#aerogollum

vantage87
vantage87

Maximum Speeds & Speed Trap - Belgian Grand Prix