Mercedes AMG F1 W06 Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
bjpower
bjpower

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W06 Speculation

The air intake does look bigger/fatter. it would imply they need more air for the engine.
which indicates more power.
Perhaps the rumors are true.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

absolutely not, that is an old mclaren and the angle and unfinished work is just playing with the eyes/mind.

that small intake blow the main air intake is probably just a 'cap' missing. furthermore, the entire cam on top of the roll hoop is missing wich plays a lot on size comparison. The 'gloss' has not been put on yet which also plays with the eyes.
It has been said in the previous page that the black still needs fading - it is a work-in-progress picture.

and last of all; you seriously believe they are already spraypainting the W06 in 7th januari when they have lots more time for the car? no way.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

PlatinumZealot

The intakes will actually be smaller this year. And that sketch you saw is how they will use the front wing tips to mitigate the restriction of the lower 2015 nose.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

β˜„οΈ Myth of the five suns. β˜„οΈ

β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ
LxVxFxHxN

OO7
OO7

Manoah2u wrote:absolutely not, that is an old mclaren and the angle and unfinished work is just playing with the eyes/mind.

that small intake blow the main air intake is probably just a 'cap' missing. furthermore, the entire cam on top of the roll hoop is missing wich plays a lot on size comparison. The 'gloss' has not been put on yet which also plays with the eyes.
It has been said in the previous page that the black still needs fading - it is a work-in-progress picture.

and last of all; you seriously believe they are already spraypainting the W06 in 7th januari when they have lots more time for the car? no way.
I completely agree with everything you posted Manoah, other than the car being an old McLaren. :-P

Richard
Richard

Manoah2u wrote:you seriously believe they are already spraypainting the W06 in 7th januari when they have lots more time for the car? no way.
Isn't it obvious? Toto Wolff has given the factory with a 4 week ski trip as a reward for the WCC, provided they get the car finished early. Also releasing the video now saves the bother of a press conference. All that stuff about hard work over the winter is a myth. :?

It's also a smart move to reduce development costs because Stuttgart have pulled the plug on this cash strapped team. :o

Well that's what Wolff told me when we met in the pub, but I suspect he's been too close to the fumes from the mercury suspension.

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

Manoah2u wrote:absolutely not, that is an old mclaren and the angle and unfinished work is just playing with the eyes/mind.

Didn't know Mclaren were sponsored by Petronas.

With regard to spray painting the car, I'm not sure work stops on all the components while the outer body work is painted. The truth is, the spec of the testing car will have been locked down before christmas and they'll be racing to complete the manufacturing process on everything in time for the first test. The developments teams are making now will usually be for updates to bring to the last test and the melbourne race spec.

Richard
Richard

There are some clues in the video. It was released on 31 Dec, so I guess footage was filmed no later than mid Dec? That's allow a week of production and then time for corporate sign off before the PR team have their xmas break.

I suppose someone could work out the date from the shadows on buildings behind the chap who says "James Hunt"!

I can't imagine the engine cover and airbox would have ready for painting in mid Dec. I also can't imagine Merc would accidentally allow the W06 car to be filmed. Bear in mind the rest of the film shows absolutely nothing, even the PC monitors are switched off.

astracrazy
astracrazy

these paint shops can usually turn around and re-paint parts within a week during the season between races, so why on earth would they have any need to paint the car mid december for it then to sit there for a month/month and half doing nothing?

painting will be the last thing they will do before release

bonjon1979
bonjon1979

Richard wrote:There are some clues in the video. It was released on 31 Dec, so I guess footage was filmed no later than mid Dec? That's allow a week of production and then time for corporate sign off before the PR team have their xmas break.

I suppose someone could work out the date from the shadows on buildings behind the chap who says "James Hunt"!

I can't imagine the engine cover and airbox would have ready for painting in mid Dec. I also can't imagine Merc would accidentally allow the W06 car to be filmed. Bear in mind the rest of the film shows absolutely nothing, even the PC monitors are switched off.

I agree it's not the car.

Blackout

So why does the W0X hole I talked about look very different from the W05 and W04 one :?: :mrgreen:
Edit:
W04: http://adamcooperf1.files.wordpress.com ... -brawn.jpg
Other W0 have completely different rollhoop design.

PlatinumZealot

It just hit me that the W06 could actually use the same chassis as the W05 with only minor tweaks. The W05 chassis was freaking good! There is no real need to change too much on it. In fact, I might just go out on a limb and side with the guy who said its the W06, which is basically a W05! Ha, bet us call it W05-B. It is true its a crazy idea to paint the chassis that early, however if Mercedes already has the W05 chassis there is no point in waiting till January to paint them. Certainly very plausible that the W05-B is what we will be seeing this year from Mercedes.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

β˜„οΈ Myth of the five suns. β˜„οΈ

β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈ
LxVxFxHxN

OO7
OO7

Blackout wrote:So why does the W0X hole I talked about look very different from the W05 and W04 one :?: :mrgreen:
Edit:
http://www.servimg.com/view/14795526/1696
W04: http://adamcooperf1.files.wordpress.com ... -brawn.jpg
Other W0 have completely different rollhoop design.
I really haven't noticed any differences that can't be explained away by lighting and shading. Any small differences that may exist, could simply consist of adjustments made during the season.

LightningLewis
LightningLewis

@hlawiczka #F1 Lowe: "#Mercedes won't carry over much directly but will redesign a large amount of the car." #W06 will be better much better car.

Richard
Richard

Blaze1 wrote:I really haven't noticed any differences that can't be explained away by lighting and shading. Any small differences that may exist, could simply consist of adjustments made during the season.
The most relevant comparison would be the bodywork used for the Abu Dhabi test, it's feasible that was in the spray booth if the video was made in November.

hollus

Deleted...
Rivals, not enemies.