Monaco GP 2009 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
freedom_honda

Re: Monaco GP 2009

This is not good for Brawn. Kimi is clearly slower than the Brawns in terms of race pace. But with KERS-equipped Kimi on the front row, there is a great chance for Kimi to overtake Button at T1. If Button can't overtake him in the first few laps, Brawn's race is over.

jonathan189
jonathan189

Raikkonen has an effective pole position when you factor in the KERS. He has really upped his game here.

He's probably the favourite right now...

ISLAMATRON

HAmilton may have just thrown away his only chance for a win this year.

waiting on those fuel weights, should be interesting.

hulmerist

keep in mind it's a pretty short run down to sainte devote, kers might not be as big a factor as it will be through the tunnel on the first lap

if jenson gets a decent start (which is 50/50 considering brawns problems), he can get the inside line and hold the place i think

hulmerist

ISLAMATRON wrote:HAmilton may have just thrown away his only chance for a win this year.

could make for good fun watching him passing in odd places, he's gonna destory the few cars in front of him on the first few laps with kers, nothing to lose from 16th and i hope they haven't jammed a load of fuel in

ISLAMATRON

hulmerist wrote:
ISLAMATRON wrote:HAmilton may have just thrown away his only chance for a win this year.

could make for good fun watching him passing in odd places, he's gonna destory the few cars in front of him on the first few laps with kers, nothing to lose from 16th and i hope they haven't jammed a load of fuel in

Honestly his only chance for the points is to fill up on fuel and 1 stop with the SC coming out at the perfect time for his pit stop.

hulmerist

that'd be boring though

Jersey Tom
Jersey Tom

Nice work by Kimi and Ferrari. Knew they weren't out.
Grip is a four letter word. All opinions are my own and not those of current or previous employers.

Miguel
Miguel

Hi guys,

Does anybody know when are the fuel loads going to be published? I feel like the first five cars are pretty light, with the others going on for about 5 laps more or so. I doubt however we'll see any real long stop among them, though.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

donskar
donskar

Qualifying looks like Toyota will soon be leaving F1!

And BMW . . . Maybe they, too, will realize they are pouring a lot of money into public humiliation.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

andartop
andartop

freedom_honda wrote:This is not good for Brawn. Kimi is clearly slower than the Brawns in terms of race pace. But with KERS-equipped Kimi on the front row, there is a great chance for Kimi to overtake Button at T1. If Button can't overtake him in the first few laps, Brawn's race is over.
jonathan189 wrote:Raikkonen has an effective pole position when you factor in the KERS. He has really upped his game here.

He's probably the favourite right now...
I'm surely relieved and glad to see the two Ferrari cars so high up the grid, however I wouldn't be so optimistic.. It's been said numerous times that the KERS is employed only at speeds > 100kmph, so I 'm not really sure whether Kimi could do 100kmph before the first corner at Monaco, use the KERS and still have enough space to overtake, brake and turn in. I think realistically he should be aiming at a podium finish, with his best chance being Button making a mistake and crashing out, and his real challenge not to be overtaken during the pit stops by either Vettel or Barrichello, or both. Massa could hopefully make it up to 4th during the pit stops or stay put, but if I were him I would be very wary of Nico and Heikki.
All that, of course, provided both Ferrari cars will last the distance and both drivers will stay away from the barriers (and each other!). Oh, and that the pit stop crews manage not to release them with the fuel hose still attached. Oh, and that they don't run out of fuel. Oh, and that Michael won't be present. #-o
I really wish I'm wrong though and see them finish 1st and 2nd! :D
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

hulmerist

weights are out, vettel --- up royally, only 13/14 laps on board when most people are going to around 18/19/20 including hamilton

axle
axle

Pos Driver Weight (kg.)
1. Jenson Button 647.5
2. Kimi Raikkonen 644.0
3. Rubens Barrichello 648.0
4. Sebastian Vettel 631.5
5. Felipe Massa 643.5
6. Nico Rosberg 642.0
7. Heikki Kovalainen 644.0
8. Mark Webber 646.5
9. Fernando Alonso 654.0
10. Kazuki Nakajima 668.0
11. Sebastien Buemi 670.0*
12. Nelson Piquet 673.1*
13. Giancarlo Fisichella 693.0*
14. Sebastien Bourdais 699.5*
15. Adrian Sutil 670.0*
16. Lewis Hamilton 645.5*
17. Nick Heidfeld 680.0*
18. Robert Kubica 696.0*
19. Jarno Trulli 688.3*
20. Timo Glock 700.8*

* declared weight
- Axle

djos

hulmerist wrote:weights are out, vettel --- up royally, only 13/14 laps on board when most people are going to around 18/19/20 including hamilton
Whats Webbo got onboard fuel-wise?

EDIT: posted too slow. #-o
"In downforce we trust"

Scotracer
Scotracer

Red Bull not as good as expected...by a mile.
Powertrain Cooling Engineer