2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
godlameroso

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

Curbstone wrote:
20 May 2021, 13:41
godlameroso wrote:
19 May 2021, 15:57
dans79 wrote:
19 May 2021, 15:44

actually , I understand aerodynamics pretty well. You seemed to have glanced over Chilvers important qualifier.

In china 2018, Max was not grip limited. He had plenty of grip, and if lewis hadn't understerred out into Max's path, he would have powered around the outside like Lewis wasn't even there.
You don't understand, and you're burying yourself. Air has momentum, in physics there are these principles called inertia, and conservation of angular momentum, think a bit friend. If the car is turning left(like it is in the video), then the air is going to the right, Verstappen's car is on the right, where the air is being pushed because Hamilton's car is under yaw. If the leading car's wake reduces downforce, Verstappen should not be able to follow so closely, and yet video evidence shows he could. Until he got too close to Hamilton's car and he got a oversteer snap. Why would the car get an oversteer snap if the wake lowers downforce at the front of the car first?
Max had a significant tire advantage, that's why even with less downforce he could folow this closely.
It could be an oversteer snap due loss of downforce, but it could just as easy be a lack grip due to a dirty surcface just outside the racing line, or a shock steering movement for not wanting to collide with Lewis, as at that time they were on a collision course.

Furthermore I don't understand what you're trying to prove with this video. Let's say you were right about the loss of downforce at that point, how does that reflect on the 'aerial situation' one second behind the car? The influence of car's shape behinds the bargeboards dictates the shape of the turbulence and wake behind the car.
Huh You want me to speculate? Not sure what you are getting at here, or what you're trying to say. Can you reformulate your words to make them clearer to understand. Does the wake of the car follow the car through the curves?

Funny when I introduce other variables over the wing thing. I'm overthinking. When others do it, they're debunking me. Oh well, I will only triple down in response.
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

Saishū kōnā

McMika98
McMika98

The change in rear wing will now make it impossible to match Mercedes in race pace. In quali, it has no impact, but major gains is in race trim, there is easily few tenths on the straight. McLaren was able to come close to RedBull pace in quali in few races, yet in race trim they are nowhere, the flexing wing does explain some of the deficit . Hopefully they can get some gains through other means.

Farsari
Farsari

McMika98 wrote:
21 May 2021, 19:39
The change in rear wing will now make it impossible to match Mercedes in race pace. In quali, it has no impact, but major gains is in race trim, there is easily few tenths on the straight. McLaren was able to come close to RedBull pace in quali in few races, yet in race trim they are nowhere, the flexing wing does explain some of the deficit . Hopefully they can get some gains through other means.
Thanks for your expert insight mate. You should become an F1 engineer

godlameroso

McMika98 wrote:
How much do you suppose the wing flex helps down the straights? I always wondered why RBR would use a slim wing when they can just illegally tilt the wing back to reduce downforce. If you noticed in Barcelona, Ferrari ran a much larger rear wing, if you are trying to maximize low speed downforce, wouldn't you run the biggest wing you could? After all you can just tilt the wing back and gain 3 tenths on the straights. You will always gain more in the corners, and yet RBR used a relatively slim wing, and they're still not using a barn door here in Monaco. So what gives?
Saishū kōnā

bosyber
bosyber

godlameroso wrote:
22 May 2021, 02:54
McMika98 wrote:
How much do you suppose the wing flex helps down the straights? I always wondered why RBR would use a slim wing when they can just illegally tilt the wing back to reduce downforce. If you noticed in Barcelona, Ferrari ran a much larger rear wing, if you are trying to maximize low speed downforce, wouldn't you run the biggest wing you could? After all you can just tilt the wing back and gain 3 tenths on the straights. You will always gain more in the corners, and yet RBR used a relatively slim wing, and they're still not using a barn door here in Monaco. So what gives?
It might be that in order to be safe with the previous tests, and to avoid it going (too early?) in fast corners, the load before it tilts is still quite high (or needs a longer period?), which would mean that for shorter straights, a big wing might still give too much downforce; in Baku, cleary that wouldn't so much be the case, so that might even make Merc's 0,6s there almost reasonable.

Sieper

That’s all politics. Increasing pressure on FIA to disadvantage a competitor. They have been ever on it this whole season, first suddenly the floor is mainly hurting low rake teams. Which was expected the other way around, or at least highly doubtful before the season. Not a shred of prove was given but they pushed the story hard. Also via their copy and paste team. Then they started talking about the wing. Which is fully legal, within the current legislation. Now, they have already gotten their wish but they are pushing the agenda even harder so that even for a race where FIA already said they are going to adhere to current valid rules they try to get it altered already.

Mercedes have a listening ear with FIA.

godlameroso

2mm toe out ftw
Saishū kōnā

ME4ME

Shocking performance by Perez.

Sieper

Fu.., Max was busy on the pole lap in his half hot, cool down, hotlap attempt, when the red flag came. Purple and deep green sector 2.

Unf

What the hell is wrong with this car, that nobody than Verstappen can drive it? Jesus...

McMika98
McMika98

ME4ME wrote:
22 May 2021, 16:28
Shocking performance by Perez.
No excuses, this years car is miles better than last years. Even if he didn't have traffic on his second run, he was already 6 tenth down, slower than Gasly. 1 second in such short track is not acceptable.
Let's see what the race holds.

ispano6

Checo probably was upset about this:

Sergio Perez's 'bodyguard shot' in 'attempted robbery on F1 driver's Mexico family home'

In a video posted on Facebook by Guardia Nocturna, local media reported a member of the family’s security was injured during the incident in the Ladrón de Guevara neighbourhood in the municipality of his home town Guadalajara.

The news emerged just moments before Perez was due to take part in qualifying ahead of the Monaco Grand Prix with Red Bull for round five of the championship. He has still taken part in the session.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.expres ... y-home/amp

Pretty jacked up, reminds me of Gaslys home getting robbed.

McMika98
McMika98

godlameroso wrote:
22 May 2021, 02:54

How much do you suppose the wing flex helps down the straights?
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/flex ... n/6513042/

There you have it up to 0.5 per lap in race pace is quite a lot. The Merc and Mclaren will benefit a lot against competition.

McMika98
McMika98

ispano6 wrote:
22 May 2021, 16:41
Checo probably was upset about this:

Pretty jacked up, reminds me of Gaslys home getting robbed.
Please stop the nonsense. Last race it was his shoulders, now a bodyguard! seriously is there a book of excuses. He surely was not thinking of his guard in Mexico while driving close to the barriers here. Once the rush kicks in every driver is tuned in.
He was fastest in Fp1 although using softer tyres. He needs to get P6 or ahead of Hamilton somehow. The pressure is mounting on him, might be replaced mid season if this continues.