2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ispano6

Re: 2021 Red Bull Racing F1 Team

McMika98 wrote:
22 May 2021, 16:49
ispano6 wrote:
22 May 2021, 16:41
Checo probably was upset about this:

Pretty jacked up, reminds me of Gaslys home getting robbed.
Please stop the nonsense. Last race it was his shoulders, now a bodyguard! seriously is there a book of excuses. He surely was not thinking of his guard in Mexico while driving close to the barriers here. Once the rush kicks in every driver is tuned in.
He was fastest in Fp1 although using softer tyres. He needs to get P6 or ahead of Hamilton somehow. The pressure is mounting on him, might be replaced mid season if this continues.
His family home was targeted to get robbed, if it wasn't his bodyguard it could have been a family member. You don't think that wouldn't affect a person? Think about it before you make your next nonsensical response.

RZS10

If there's a track where you need full confidence in the car it's Monaco, if your head isn't fully there because of such terrible news and you struggle with the car anyways a few tenths quickly turn into one second.

hasika
hasika

Checo's Q3 lap was 0.5s slower than his Q2 best lap.
If he was able to do the Q2 laptime, he would still be front of Hamiltion.

MKlaus
MKlaus

ispano6 wrote:
22 May 2021, 16:52
McMika98 wrote:
ispano6 wrote:
22 May 2021, 16:41
Checo probably was upset about this:

Pretty jacked up, reminds me of Gaslys home getting robbed.
Please stop the nonsense. Last race it was his shoulders, now a bodyguard! seriously is there a book of excuses. He surely was not thinking of his guard in Mexico while driving close to the barriers here. Once the rush kicks in every driver is tuned in.
He was fastest in Fp1 although using softer tyres. He needs to get P6 or ahead of Hamilton somehow. The pressure is mounting on him, might be replaced mid season if this continues.
His family home was targeted to get robbed, if it wasn't his bodyguard it could have been a family member. You don't think that wouldn't affect a person? Think about it before you make your next nonsensical response.
professional sportspersons manage to put their head together in far bigger tragedies and perform even better under such trying circumstances. i have been telling that perez is overrated and hyped way too much. he is not the solution for red bull's second driver problems. the whole season would go in excuses for lack of performances.

McMika98
McMika98

Leclerc raced in a GP2 weekend when his father died, talk about going back home after quali and race. He got pole and won the race.
Didn't the drivers race in Spa when Hubert had his horrible crash.
Perez has his race craft to fall on but if he is constantly qualifying out of position he will struggle to fight with the leaders.

ispano6

It really doesn't matter what anyone says, no one can speak to what Checo is feeling or what he himself doesn't realize is affecting him. Some may find strength, for others may be a distraction or a cause for concern. Not everyone is the same, sometimes there are more important things in life. Maybe some of you don't understand the lawlessness and kidnapping and murders that happen in that country.

Sieper

We do. We all know what is wrong with the world. And it has been getting worse over my lifetime. Normal people get poorer and a few super rich get richer. That will end up in a very unpleasant country to live in.

godlameroso

McMika98 wrote:
22 May 2021, 16:44
godlameroso wrote:
22 May 2021, 02:54

How much do you suppose the wing flex helps down the straights?
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/flex ... n/6513042/

There you have it up to 0.5 per lap in race pace is quite a lot. The Merc and Mclaren will benefit a lot against competition.
Hold on brotherman that's Otmar claiming it can be worth up to half a second. If you think it's worth half a second everywhere, that is your opinion and you are entitled to it, I'll just keep what I think to myself.
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

Race will be interesting. The timing of the pit stop will be crucial, by my guesstimation we should see the first pit stops around lap 20. From there it's an easy one stop, the question is mediums or hards. I don't think the medium can do an easy one stop, it will take a tire whisperer to make it go the distance. The hard tire works well but takes a little while to get up to temperature.

Verstappen has the highest race pace so getting in clean air will be a priority. I'm hoping for another Honda powered rocket start. Otherwise we'll have to hope that LeClerc has some real race pace and can open a gap, if not it's going to be a game of who blinks first. The overcut can actually work here, but again, you need to make the tires last to make it work.
Saishū kōnā

Pyrone89

Sieper wrote:
22 May 2021, 17:39
We do. We all know what is wrong with the world. And it has been getting worse over my lifetime. Normal people get poorer and a few super rich get richer. That will end up in a very unpleasant country to live in.
Soon coming to every country. Remember. You will own nothing and you will be happy (or else...) :wink:
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Pyrone89

godlameroso wrote:
22 May 2021, 18:10
Race will be interesting. The timing of the pit stop will be crucial, by my guesstimation we should see the first pit stops around lap 20. From there it's an easy one stop, the question is mediums or hards. I don't think the medium can do an easy one stop, it will take a tire whisperer to make it go the distance. The hard tire works well but takes a little while to get up to temperature.

Verstappen has the highest race pace so getting in clean air will be a priority. I'm hoping for another Honda powered rocket start. Otherwise we'll have to hope that LeClerc has some real race pace and can open a gap, if not it's going to be a game of who blinks first. The overcut can actually work here, but again, you need to make the tires last to make it work.
Let's first wait if Lec needs to change a gearbox. In that case Max would start from pole and the outlook completely changes. The run to the first corner is to short for an overtake unless 1 person has a rocket start AND the other persons completely fluffs it (and I mean completely fluff it, not just some wheelspin).
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

MKlaus
MKlaus

godlameroso wrote:

if the pit stop happens at around 20 laps, it's an easy one stop on mediums. this year's pirellis are like the bridgestones of 2010 and with the ability for leader to smoothly control the pace, it's going to be a procession. overcut is better option as it takes a while to bring the new set upto temps. if the leader keeps the pack bunched up, undercut would be out of question as the driver trying to under would fall behind the pack.

godlameroso

MKlaus wrote:
22 May 2021, 18:32
godlameroso wrote:

if the pit stop happens at around 20 laps, it's an easy one stop on mediums. this year's pirellis are like the bridgestones of 2010 and with the ability for leader to smoothly control the pace, it's going to be a procession. overcut is better option as it takes a while to bring the new set upto temps. if the leader keeps the pack bunched up, undercut would be out of question as the driver trying to under would fall behind the pack.
Do you remember how fast Alonso's Alpine was on hard tires towards the end of Portimao? I don't think it's wise to underestimate the ability to push on the hards.
Saishū kōnā

JordanMugen

McMika98 wrote:
Sadly, it seems Perez is just too slow, and not (as a seasoned F1 ace, who nearly matched Button for pace) within the 1-3 tenths range of Verstappen which was expected. :|

Unfortunately Tsunoda doesn't seem up to it, neither Vips. :|

Marko should draft and present a contract for Russell ASAP, IMO. Offer a 3-year-deal with a good salary, that should do the trick to win over the former Mercedes junior. Russell himself notes he is a "free agent" for 2022. Mercedes seem hesitant to promote the Williams ace, so it will be Red Bull's gain. :D

Sainz seems quite handy indeed, so it seems now extremely erroneous that Marko preferred Gasly instead and did not take the Sainz contract option. :| :wtf: So RBR will have to pounce on Russell instead (since, of course, it seems a Gasly sequel is out of the question, Norris has already extended, and Ocon, while seemingly handy, is presumably ruled out by poor cooperation with Verstappen.)

MKlaus
MKlaus

godlameroso wrote:
22 May 2021, 18:36
MKlaus wrote:
22 May 2021, 18:32
godlameroso wrote:

Do you remember how fast Alonso's Alpine was on hard tires towards the end of Portimao? I don't think it's wise to underestimate the ability to push on the hards.
no one behind the leader can shake the leader, regardless of how fast the chasing car is. so, it's just a matter of retaining the position after the stop and for that, it's essential to bring the tyres upto temp after the pitstop. hence, it's ideal to have the softer of the remaining compounds.