Mclaren Mercedes MP4-25

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
mith

Re: Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes MP4/25

Pup wrote:Actually, the more I look at it, the more I think the diffuser may just be missing some pieces. Mid-assembly, or something.
That's what I thought when I've seen that photo. there are also holes on the side of the mounts of the rear wing (sorry, I couldn't spell it better), which indicate that something will be attached there. We'll just see how they will drive their cars tomorrow.

Blackout

But the deck in 'the not complete' diffuser is different than the deck appeared in Barcelona and looks more like the old one...

PlatinumZealot

They didn't put on the diffuser augmenter yet it seems. Mith is correct the holes in the wing endplates look to line up with the diffuser augmenter.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

outer_bongolia

Pup wrote:Actually, the more I look at it, the more I think the diffuser may just be missing some pieces. Mid-assembly, or something.

edit: should have checked Atlas first - yep, the diffuser in that pic just wasn't complete. Probably why it was all scooted to one side.

Here she is, ready to play...

No flames please, but I have a dumb question. I'm sure the information is somewhere in the last 100 pages, but I couldn't locate information on it.
The tube that is coming down the middle and exiting above the crash structure... WTF is that, and where is it coming from? Is it the other half of the blown wing assembly with the "pneumatic switching device" posted somewhere else?

It can't necessarily be a cooling pipe so important to exhaust separately through the cooling hole methinks. :wtf:
Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep thoughts can be winnowed from deep nonsense.
Carl Sagan

allstaruk08
allstaruk08

haha im not even gonna start explaining what it. read this http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/2010/0/720.html thats a basic explanation of that its for. so am i the only geek up for the free practice on bbc red button??

Craigy

allstaruk08 wrote:haha im not even gonna start explaining what it. read this http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/2010/0/720.html thats a basic explanation of that its for. so am i the only geek up for the free practice on bbc red button??
You're not the only one awake.

C

narkie
narkie

allstaruk08 wrote:
haha im not even gonna start explaining what it. read this http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/2010/0/720.html thats a basic explanation of that its for. so am i the only geek up for the free practice on bbc red button??

You're not the only one awake.

C

Ditto, although i must say its nice to have some F1 action happening at an Australian-friendly hour. Friday night and here's my beer!

cheers all

N

thestig84
thestig84

Nice shot of the Mclaren with quite a bit of bodywork off
Sneaky peek of the F vent tube too

f1rules
f1rules

wow where is that photo from, i wouldnt expect that mclaren would allow such a picture this early in season,

thedutchguy

zgred wrote:Image
Something I've been wondering about all cars that use the shark fins which are connected to the rear wing: Is the angle of the wing still adjustable? And if not, how can the amount of downforce from the wing be adjusted?

chasefreak
chasefreak

f1rules wrote:wow where is that photo from, i wouldnt expect that mclaren would allow such a picture this early in season,
it has to be from bahrain since the new sponsor stickers r on the roll hoop ( hope i am right ) :)

raceman

f1rules wrote:wow where is that photo from, i wouldnt expect that mclaren would allow such a picture this early in season,

you can't make out almost anything from this photo; many photos are around of all teams' cars at such "naked" stage, especially you can't make out anything of the snorkell device.

Fil

it does show off a lot of the packaging of the sidepod tho. i'm sure the other F1 teams find that very useful to compare. obviously not quite so useful info for us tho.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

raceman

Fil wrote:it does show off a lot of the packaging of the sidepod tho. i'm sure the other F1 teams find that very useful to compare. obviously not quite so useful info for us tho.
rite

f1rules
f1rules

but still, to show this much, mclaren are definitely more open then years back, where they would never have allowed this picture that early.
Lol sorry, i meant who took the picture, is it sutton, wri2.net xpb.cc i was asking because maybe there were more good pics like this. In general the photographers are not good at taking the right pics. wri2.net is normally by far the best. But since we lost f1-live and their high res, the pics supplied has been really bad