2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Re: 2024 Oracle Red Bull Racing F1 Team

venkyhere wrote:
06 May 2024, 11:32
Even this, I think is overplayed by official and social media. The Redbull was on H and was struggling for grip because their use of H was purely based on 'educated guess' rather than actual running in FP. Yes, they have gotten it right before, but we must accept that there is equal chance of getting it wrong. The RedBull pace on M was very good, matching McLaren and Ferrari. We know the Mercedes is a diva car, even the team doesn't know when it will come good, when it will be a disaster. It so happened that on reduced fuel load, on M tyres, Hamilton was able to stick to the tail of Perez struggling in his car. Yes, there is talent gap, yes the car gap is reduced on the specific day, yes there was a tyre compound advantage for the chasing car. The only thing that kept Hamilton behind was the draggy nature of the Mercedes despite the reduced wing.
All said and done, something that should be considered "yeah, yeah" is becoming "oh my god" as if Hamilton suddenly became god-level with his car and Perez suddenly became a buffoon. Too much sensationalism, IMHO.
Perez went for used mediums under the SC.

TEHNOS

Vanja #66 wrote:
06 May 2024, 11:47
Rikhart wrote:
06 May 2024, 09:19
https://racingnews365.com/horner-reveal ... ck-mistake

He had floor damage, I thought this immediately after seeing the replay of him going over the bollard.
Ahaha, another phantom floor damage like Perez in Australia :mrgreen: They'd better look at downforce levels and balance with that new low-level wing, it wasn't the right choice in Australia and was too low here as well
Debris grinded from the floor clearly seen at the bollard mount. 3:08. Not fantome damage.

avantman
avantman

TEHNOS wrote:
06 May 2024, 11:59
Debris grinded from the floor clearly seen at the bollard mount. 3:08. Not fantome damage.
If you look a bit closer, you can see not just the debris, but the hole in the left side of the diffuser throat appearing immediately after the hit.
Last edited by avantman on 06 May 2024, 12:12, edited 1 time in total.

Vanja #66

TEHNOS wrote:

Debris are from bollard base :) Some of it went forward, some of it was sucked up by floor from the base

And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Cs98
Cs98

Vanja #66 wrote:
06 May 2024, 12:10
TEHNOS wrote:

Debris are from bollard base :) Some of it went forward, some of it was sucked up by floor from the base

https://i.ibb.co/r7cBbv1/debris.jpg
You are looking at the wrong part of the car. Look at the diffuser when the car lands, specifically at the point where the concrete base that held the bollard sits.

venkyhere
venkyhere

Vanja #66 wrote:
06 May 2024, 11:47
Rikhart wrote:
06 May 2024, 09:19
https://racingnews365.com/horner-reveal ... ck-mistake

He had floor damage, I thought this immediately after seeing the replay of him going over the bollard.
Ahaha, another phantom floor damage like Perez in Australia :mrgreen: They'd better look at downforce levels and balance with that new low-level wing, it wasn't the right choice in Australia and was too low here as well
Please watch @3:06, floor damage is not phantom, carbon shards are flying.
viewtopic.php?p=1212150#p1212150

My perspective has changed completely, in light of this clinching evidence. Notwithstanding the RB20 config leading to non-deal balance on H tyres, Max drove almost 2/3rd the laps with underfloor damage and poor tyre grip, and still maintained P2. Hats off.
So Max/RedBull fans can breath a sigh of relief -
"VER wasn't relegated to P2 purely on pace delta, the car was injured" 8)

Vanja #66

Cs98 wrote:
06 May 2024, 12:17
You are looking at the wrong part of the car. Look at the diffuser when the car lands, specifically at the point where the concrete base that held the bollard sits.
Not sure what you are pointing to, other than this:

Vanja #66 wrote:
Some of it [debris] went forward, some of it was sucked up by floor from the base
Some pictures would be helpful

venkyhere wrote:
06 May 2024, 12:37
Watched that video 20 times, all I'm seeing are debris from the bollard base flying up after getting sucked up by the floor.

If you can, please post some pictures what you are thinking of. Lap times and telemetry show no signs of performance loss. Max, iirc, told the wall to check for downforce loss (via pressure taps and live telemetry) and they told him the car's ok.

Edit: Max also confrims:

IntrinsicVoid wrote:
06 May 2024, 13:05
Asked specifically though about Horner’s suggestions of his pace drop being down to damage, Verstappen replied: “It didn't feel different, so I don't know. Maybe it was already damaged. I don't know. I mean I hit that thing and then my pace was the same so I didn't really know if there was damage.”

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red- ... /10607603/
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

organic

Max said they confirmed there was damage "a hole in the floor" that they didn't know was there until the car was back in the garage
When we took the car back to the garage, we also found that the floor was damaged and had a hole in which could have been picked up from hitting the cone,” said Verstappen after the race.
No doubt McLaren were faster but seems the damage was real

Watto
Watto

Cs98
Cs98

Vanja #66 wrote:
Cs98 wrote:
06 May 2024, 12:17
Not sure what you are pointing to, other than this:

Vanja #66 wrote:
Some of it [debris] went forward, some of it was sucked up by floor from the base
Some pictures would be helpful

venkyhere wrote:
06 May 2024, 12:37
Watched that video 20 times, all I'm seeing are debris from the bollard base flying up after getting sucked up by the floor.

If you can, please post some pictures what you are thinking of. Lap times and telemetry show no signs of performance loss. Max, iirc, told the wall to check for downforce loss (via pressure taps and live telemetry) and they told him the car's ok.

Edit: Max also confrims:

IntrinsicVoid wrote:
Asked specifically though about Horner’s suggestions of his pace drop being down to damage, Verstappen replied: “It didn't feel different, so I don't know. Maybe it was already damaged. I don't know. I mean I hit that thing and then my pace was the same so I didn't really know if there was damage.”

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/red- ... /10607603/
Feelings aside Verstappen confirmed there was a hole in the floor when they took the car back to the garage and suggested it came from hitting the bollard, so tell us more about this "phantom" damage Vanja :lol:

You can clearly see debris flying off the concrete stand when the rear lands the final bounce, the fact you took a screenshot of the front wing doesn't really seem all that relevant, the damage occured later in the clip towards the diffuser.

chrisc90

Quite a huge piece of damage when you actually slow-mo the clip down. You can see the little 'mouse hole'? where you can see through into the diffuser, slams down on the rubber bollard stump, and instantly gets a LOT bigger. Massively obvious.

Emag
Emag

Pace against Piastri before he hit the bollard ...

RedBull got it wrong here. To put so much emphasis on this "damage" seems weird. They never looked like the the usual well-oiled machine from the get-go. If this damage was somehow worth 0.25s, with the pace being as bad as it was, Max was going to get passed by both Ferraris ...

Cs98
Cs98

Watto wrote:
06 May 2024, 13:26
Wache 2028, Verstappen 2028, sounds like they'll both be staying for the duration. Already rumours Verstappen thinks Wache is the most important technical figure in the team.

chrisc90

Emag wrote:
06 May 2024, 14:45

RedBull got it wrong here. To put so much emphasis on this "damage" seems weird. They never looked like the the usual well-oiled machine from the get-go. If this damage was somehow worth 0.25s, with the pace being as bad as it was, Max was going to get passed by both Ferraris ...

Who knows. We can only deal in facts. The car was damaged. Fact. Whether the damage was worth 0.2-0.3s is speculation. Whether he would have got passed by the Ferrari's....Speculation.

AR3-GP
AR3-GP

Emag wrote:
06 May 2024, 14:45

https://i.imgur.com/tWJI73a.png

This is the medium tire pace. We’ve seen frequently that the car can improve when switching to the harder tire (this happened in a few races last year like Las Vegas and this year in Japan and China) but we didn’t see that jump in Miami possibly due to damage just before the pit stop. It is a slight consolation for the team.

In any case, Mclaren’s trajectory is insane. They are going to win more races this year. Red Bull has to respond. Australia DNF was costly.