Ferrari F2013 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
wesley123
wesley123

Re: Ferrari F2013 (pre-launch speculation)

Dont think much will change to the livery. The white square or the triangle in the ferrari logo represent the Marlboro logo. Mainly the triangles on the engine cover represent the Marlboro logo. I dont believe this will change, mainly if you compare it to the early 2000's.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Consider&Go
Consider&Go

Last edited by Consider&Go on 27 Jan 2013, 14:11, edited 1 time in total.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." - Ayrton Senna

hollus

Working link:
http://www.marca.com/2013/01/26/motor/f ... 24022.html
The picture has too low a resolution to be read easily. It could probably be deciphered, but I expect a higher resolution version to be available tomorrow.

But this is just some sensible speculation from Marca, they always do that. The newspaper has no direct information link inside the team.
Rivals, not enemies.

Lorenzo_Bandini
Lorenzo_Bandini

turbof1

It is just the F2012 bolted on with things that stood out last year; they probably will strike lucky with two or three features, but that will be all. For instance, I think we all can expect Ferrari to incooperate diagonal radiators instead of vertical ones. Or that they will use a panel on the nose. Nothing exciting about that.
#AeroFrodo

amouzouris

Much higher resolution!
Very interesting exhaust-sidepod design..after having a closer look it looks like a neck joining the sidepod to the floor with the inner sides being open...something like a hybrid between last year's sidepods and the red bull ducts

raymondu999

amouzouris wrote:Much higher resolution!
Very interesting exhaust-sidepod design..after having a closer look it looks like a neck joining the sidepod to the floor with the inner sides being open...something like a hybrid between last year's sidepods and the red bull ducts
It looks to me like the season-ending spec of the Red Bull ducts to be honest
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

amouzouris

raymondu999 wrote:
amouzouris wrote:Much higher resolution!
It looks to me like the season-ending spec of the Red Bull ducts to be honest
well...if u look closely you'll see that on the inside there is no bodywork..while red bull's ducts exited at the very back (actually inside the sidepods with the airflow exiting the car at the very back)

wesley123
wesley123

imo the article is just some guess work done by an Marca editor, I dont think the car will look like that.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Coefficient
Coefficient

Well, I hop it does look like that because its the nicest Ferrari GP car in years already.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

Forghieri

wesley123 wrote:imo the article is just some guess work done by an Marca editor, I dont think the car will look like that.
Marca is always very enthusiastic with their speculations, the only one i trust with pre-launch speculation is Giorgio Piola, and even then, it remains guessing.
Do you feel you can beat the Red Bulls, either to pole position or the race itself?
Fernando Alonso: "I prefer to beat them on Sunday."

amouzouris

Just to make it clear i am not suggesting that marca's illustration is what the car i going to look like! i am just saying that it would be very interesting..and after a very rough CFD test i did this morning it got the best results right out of the box without the need for too much fine tuning

f1316
f1316

I think the speculated exhaust solution in the picture is very interesting.

All along Ferrari have stated that their revised solution was a variation on their original acer ducts, rather than a copy of the McLaren. I think it was clear that they took some inspiration (which was then reciprocated in McLaren's update) but it apparently followed their original concept.

And this picture actually seems to have as much inspiration from that original exhaust idea as from the RBR one. It looks like a more inboard version of the acer ducts that integrates the RBR tunnel approach into the design of the sidepods for added effect.

So I like the logic of this one. May all be speculation of course, but it looks good.

jonaliew
jonaliew

I think it will not be an entire representation of what the F2013 is. But it gives us an idea. I would say to some extent it might be a logical deduction. Lets wait till Feb 1st. A few more days to go and we are all itching. :D

elFranZ

Forghieri wrote:
wesley123 wrote:imo the article is just some guess work done by an Marca editor, I dont think the car will look like that.
Marca is always very enthusiastic with their speculations, the only one i trust with pre-launch speculation is Giorgio Piola, and even then, it remains guessing.
Piola last year predicted so many things, of which NONE has been seen. I clearly remember the detached sidepod sketches... always clever, in Piola style, but totally missing from any car.
This is just to say that speculations are just... speculations. And you know, speculations coming from Spain or Italy must be considered very carefully, many times they're just the writer's expectations about the red cars.