2014 United States Grand Prix - Austin

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ChrisM40
ChrisM40

Re: 2014 United States Grand Prix - Austin

Phillyred wrote:
Diesel wrote:WHY WAS THE QUALIFYING ON SEVERAL HOURS BEFORE THE SCHEDULED RACE TIME!?!?!?!

FFS. I saw the race was on at 8pm local time, so figured the qualifying was on at the same time. Bernie... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Huh? The race is on only 1hr later than qualy was here today. Qualy was at 1pm CST (local) and the race tomorrow is at 2pm CST (local) time. Are you referring to your own local TV coverage?

If his local coverage was live, its still later.. :roll:

thevlack
thevlack

Do anyone know if they still sharing data? I mean the WCC is already in the bag.. so to be fair I think both drivers should go with their own data from now on..

Sevach
Sevach

thevlack wrote:Do anyone know if they still sharing data? I mean the WCC is already in the bag.. so to be fair I think both drivers should go with their own data from now on..
It's the largest gap(either way) i remember this season (outside of wet conditions).

RZS10

Manoah2u wrote:He's so good he can drive a limp tractor of a ferrari with one hand to p3 just to show who's boss.

Or he's so bored with Ferrari his GF painted his nails and he's letting them dry.
Him describing his saturday "Yea ... just out for some cruising - correcting some oversteer one handed and stuff"
Last edited by RZS10 on 01 Nov 2014, 22:41, edited 1 time in total.

The Egg
The Egg

Don't forget that rosberg had a brake issue in FP 3 that caused him to be 8 tenths slower than Hamilton. In that context, if Hamilton had the same issue during qualy, 4 tenths ain't bad...

gray41

In the race where it matters and Lewis has had the upper hand the potential lack of data sharing and driver coaching will see him to the win.
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

spin1/2
spin1/2

Diesel wrote:F1.com shows the qualifying on at 6pm GMT and the race 8pm GMT... I missed qualifying thinking it was only later... FFS
Phillyred wrote:Huh? The race is on only 1hr later than qualy was here today. Qualy was at 1pm CST (local) and the race tomorrow is at 2pm CST (local) time. Are you referring to your own local TV coverage?
Local daylight savings time ends on Sunday, Nov 2, 2am local time. The clock falls back 1hr.
So, 1hr local time difference between Quali & Race is really a 2hr difference at other places where DST ends at a different date, or dont follow DST.

Kingshark
Kingshark

Will tomorrow be a 1 stop or 2 stop race?

I'm thinking O-O-P will be the way to go, though some people might try a 1-stopper.

RicerDude

Kingshark wrote:Will tomorrow be a 1 stop or 2 stop race?

I'm thinking O-O-P will be the way to go, though some people might try a 1-stopper.
I doubt a one stop would be a great option. Some people are talking about a 3 stopper.

RZS10

Did Lewis have brake issues and a flatspot on the set of tyres he'll start on tomorrow?

mrluke
mrluke

RZS10 wrote:Did Lewis have brake issues and a flatspot on the set of tyres he'll start on tomorrow?
Yes.

Something to do with uneven brake temperatures, couldnt even them out.

Burgess
Burgess

100 degree difference apparently between the left and right fronts.

Hail22

New hybrid camera introduced by the FoM (Mixture of infrared thermal imaging with the standard view not being interrupted)>

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvhpRm4TpQ8[/youtube]
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

PlatinumZealot

Burgess wrote:100 degree difference apparently between the left and right fronts.
Yeah. I think ham is running less front wing to encourage understeer for tyre life. Under heavy fuel in the car will understeer even more to give him that tyre life extending effect.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Moose
Moose

The reason for the two hour difference in race-local time, but 1 hour difference in your-local time is that this weekend is the end of daylight savings time in the US.