2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
djos

Re: 2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

bhall II wrote:Color-corrected image. For context, the top half of the sidepod turning vane is dark blue; the lower half is black.

In this pic you can actually see a hard stop to the blue on the guide vane.

Also If you look at the area in front of the radiator intake you can see an unpainted area that comes across at an angle from the leading edge of the inlet meeting the red stripe, it then changes to the vertical and continues to the bottom of the chassis.

They are not shadows either, I've zoomed in and there are clearly defined edges to the painted areas.
"In downforce we trust"

FW17

bdr529 wrote: I never heard of a Pearlescent matte finish before, something new ??

I'm sure it will look a lot better outdoors, but at first sight it's not bad

:lol:

Available only on GTA

But heard they do it with some vinyl wrap

Gaz.
Gaz.

You can tell the off season has been complete shite when there is a discussion on the various hues of a really dull colour.
Forza Jules

Slife
Slife

Didn't the Jag F1 car's British racing green look alot different on TV than in real life?

Thunder

I must say i like it. They freshend up their livery, got rid of gimmicky effects and covered it in a matte finish. In short, the RB12 is now Win8 where the RB11 was Win7. ^^
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Mr.G

I don't know. The matte finish is OK for me, but the rest doesn't get together somehow. For example the red strip on the side of nose - whats that just a strip with sharp start and end. I give it more time to settle but for now it's just weird for me.
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

superdowg316

Fear not ladies and gents on this forum, for I have a close up that shows it's truly, 100%, without a doubt, blue.

Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

FW17

Prelude to this
:P

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

I like the red on the front wing elements, although I'm pretty sure it's just "Red Bull" lettering, it looks cool nonetheless; reminded me of the McLaren flow-viz paint from last year.

Scuderia1967

lio007 wrote:
superdowg316 wrote:Is it just me or have Red Bull lost a lot of sponsors from their overalls? Even Toro Rosso last year had the same sponsorship placement and they had more than them!
Infiniti was very prominent on last years overalls. It's more or less last years without Infiniti.
They lost Infiniti, Casio and Singha (who is now a Ferrari sponsor), added Tag-Heuer and AT&T. But seeing that these two, despite Tag branding the engine, have very little place in the bodywork, I'd say Mr. Mateschitz had to open up his wallet a lot more this year...

superdowg316

Scuderia1967 wrote:
lio007 wrote:
superdowg316 wrote:Is it just me or have Red Bull lost a lot of sponsors from their overalls? Even Toro Rosso last year had the same sponsorship placement and they had more than them!
Infiniti was very prominent on last years overalls. It's more or less last years without Infiniti.
They lost Infiniti, Casio and Singha (who is now a Ferrari sponsor), added Tag-Heuer and AT&T. But seeing that these two, despite Tag branding the engine, have very little place in the bodywork, I'd say Mr. Mateschitz had to open up his wallet a lot more this year...
And Toro Rosso are now sponsored by Casio just to twist the knife even more. Also AT&T have been sponsoring Red Bull since 2014 on the side pod further back, they just have more prominent branding now.
Friendship with Honda ended, Renault is my new (and more reliable) friend.

Scuderia1967

superdowg316 wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:
lio007 wrote:
And Toro Rosso are now sponsored by Casio just to twist the knife even more. Also AT&T have been sponsoring Red Bull since 2014 on the side pod further back, they just have more prominent branding now.
You're quite right, AT&T was right beside the Siemens logo. As for Casio, they switched to TR because their sponsorship was incompatible with Tag

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Mr.G wrote:I don't know. The matte finish is OK for me, but the rest doesn't get together somehow. For example the red strip on the side of nose - whats that just a strip with sharp start and end. I give it more time to settle but for now it's just weird for me.
Well let's not forget this is the new paint job on last year's car. I suspect it'll look even better on the car it was designed for.

I like the concept, I miss the white outlines from the logos though. Overall this is a very sharp tidy design but keeps the best parts of the Red Bull design, I certainly won't miss the purple!

skoop
skoop

to spice up the debate i'm gonna say the car is green :mrgreen:

i like the new livery to be honest

ME4ME

Scuderia1967 wrote:
lio007 wrote:
Yup, I agree. That's probably one of the reasons the Red Bull logo is so bold on the sidepods now, to really make the brand catch the eye.

Also don't forget the obvious sponsor to the added sponsor list: Puma :P