Silly Season 2016/2017

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
turbof1

Re: Silly Season 2016/2017

Can we please quit it with the Alonso (and other drivers as well, for that matter) fanboy/haterate jibber jabber? Beyond being obviously pointless and off topic, it's getting quite annoying too. It is still a topic dedicated to speculation about movements on the driver market, not about driver ying yang.

Removed some posts. If your post got removed, you know why.
#AeroFrodo

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

This was posted on another site recently.
I've just attended a seminar by Andy Cowell, the Managing Director of AMG High Performance Powertrain. Other than talking about getting into F1 and what goes into engineering the F1 power unit, he had some interesting titbits to say.

There's going to be a board meeting this Friday about replacing Rosberg, with their target drivers likely being formally announced next week. He actually mentioned Ocon, Button and Alonso as potential targets.

Vasconia

ChrisDanger wrote:This was posted on another site recently.
I've just attended a seminar by Andy Cowell, the Managing Director of AMG High Performance Powertrain. Other than talking about getting into F1 and what goes into engineering the F1 power unit, he had some interesting titbits to say.

There's going to be a board meeting this Friday about replacing Rosberg, with their target drivers likely being formally announced next week. He actually mentioned Ocon, Button and Alonso as potential targets.
It sounds more like a joke. Alonso is not going to leave McLaren, I guess its too early for Ocon and Button.... come on, I dont think this is real.

George-Jung
George-Jung

Phil wrote:
Now why sign Vettel along side Hamilton? Well for one, I think it would be a heck of a PR stunt. They'd combine the two most successful F1 drivers and have them going head to head. Most fans with a bit of technical insight might be more interested to see a repeat of Alonso vs Hamilton, but for most people and casual people, Vettel on paper and statistically is the more successful one. Mercedes would care more about the PR that would cause, than the F1 fans outthere who believe Alonso to be still among the greatest F1 talents.
Fair point, Hamilton for sure would like to go head to head with Vettel...he has said it several times.

And Vettel, He could go to MB because Schumacher did as well.. but not sure he would like to compete against Hamilton.. cause he might loose it all.

On the other hand, Hamilton might want to try to become champion with three different teams.

Last but not least, lets not forget that Alonso is also an option for 2018..?

Lets see..

Shakeman

George-Jung wrote:
On the other hand, Hamilton might want to try to become champion with three different teams.
I don't doubt that will happen down the road. Making Ferrari or McLaren great again would be a good story for Lewis.

PlatinumZealot

Manoah2u wrote:Take Inoue please.
No. We don't want another Senna, Prost situation.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

PlatinumZealot wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:Take Inoue please.
No. We don't want another Senna, Prost situation.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

ringo

Riciardo to mercedes would be the loophole in the redbull driver lockdown. He has done 3 years with redbull now. I think he can go to mercedes and let sainz step up to redbull. Kyvat can be partnered with gasly at torro rosso.
And there you have it. Strongest pairing:

hamilton and ricciardo.
For Sure!!

zac510
zac510

After getting chosen over Verstappen (and the RBR seats seemingly tied up medium-term) I wonder if Sainz might have asked for some nice exit clauses (like manufacturer interest) on his new contract. At that time RBR might have thought there's very low chance that there'd be a manufacturer team's seat available.

zac510
zac510

Vasconia wrote:
It sounds more like a joke. Alonso is not going to leave McLaren, I guess its too early for Ocon and Button.... come on, I dont think this is real.
I guess that in business, even if you have no chance of hiring Alonso, you have to consider him and use him as a comparison marker to other potential drivers.

Vasconia

ringo wrote:Riciardo to mercedes would be the loophole in the redbull driver lockdown. He has done 3 years with redbull now. I think he can go to mercedes and let sainz step up to redbull. Kyvat can be partnered with gasly at torro rosso.
And there you have it. Strongest pairing:

hamilton and ricciardo.
It could be but I guess that Ricciardo has the feeling that RB will be the dominant car in 2017. So I don´t think he really wants to leave the team.

Vasconia

Shakeman wrote:
George-Jung wrote:
I don't doubt that will happen down the road. Making Ferrari or McLaren great again would be a good story for Lewis.
I don´t know if Lewis wants to return to McLaren, perhaps the Senna-Honda background could make him return, who knows...

Hamilton-Ferrari, I doubt this could work, really...

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

CBeck113
CBeck113

LookBackTime wrote:Massa back to work (for Williams) :)

https://twitter.com/f1enigma/status/809312545299464192

Which would mean Bottas to Mercedes
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Starscreamer

LookBackTime wrote:Massa back to work (for Williams) :)

https://twitter.com/f1enigma/status/809312545299464192

Why not :D
Bottas to Mercedes
Massa to Williams
Williams +15 million for Bottas - 5 million for Massa
Wehrlein to Manor

Win win win situation =D>
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023