2012 European GP - Valencia

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Teechnical

Re: 2012 European GP - Valencia

I hope its untrue but...

'Red Bull 'Double Sorta Diffuser' = That part of a Redbull which makes it dominate once again. Sigh. :cry:
"We have a new toy" - Fernando Alonso.

FrukostScones

Teechnical wrote:I hope its untrue but...

'Red Bull 'Double Sorta Diffuser' = That part of a Redbull which makes it dominate once again. Sigh. :cry:
no double diffuser, just the tunnel leading to starterhole and top of diffuser
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Traction wrote:Vettel is just so amazingly quick...balls to the wall stuff to save tyres and have only one flying lap and then pull it off...brilliant...notice how focused he was before he went out?
I think it just means he knows his car is fast enough to go three tenths faster than anyone else in a session where others are seperated by less than a tenth.

Or it could mean that they sacrificed a bit of race pace for quali like they may have done in Canada.

Joie de vivre

like i said, RBR is going to get some advantage in some of the next races unless others don't copy them

they have clearly succesfully copied mclaren+s and sauber's exhaust layout and combined it into something special

fiohaa
fiohaa

All the top 3 drivers in press conference, and even christian horner going 'yup..all about tyres. tyre temperature. conserving tyres'
'its hot tomorrow so lotus will be strong'. I mean lol. Yeh thats brilliant, if lotus do well, won't be because of kimi or romain driving really well, it would be due to track temperature 5 degrees hotter.

radosav
radosav

Joie de vivre wrote:like i said, RBR is going to get some advantage in some of the next races unless others don't copy them

they have clearly succesfully copied mclaren+s and sauber's exhaust layout and combined it into something special
they had the same Qualy result in canada but ferrari and mclaren were faster, so it means nothing

stefan_
stefan_

I don't get it where does Vettel finds those tenths of a second. That's the least of my worries though, because I feel quite uncomfortable with Maldonado on 3rd.
Terrible quali... or what that was for Webber and the Ferraris. And Perez.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Guisson

Good Job from Sebastian , clean and perfect lap :D
There is a big chance of winning it tomorrow but how knows Lewis is There and won't let sebastian fly away ..
Oh And
Never underestimate the Lotus I Think..I do believe that at this moment, they are the only ones who actually know how to deal with the Pirellis , ( the best example is Romain in Montreal who was capable of making correct lap times with a 50 lap set)
Not to mention Bahrain where they were both competitive .
I Think Position in the Grid is important but not as it used to be.. Strategy will be the key again :?
The task is,not so much to see what no one has yet seenbut to think what nobody has yet thought, about that which everybody sees. Erwin Schrödinger

SamH123
SamH123

SamH123 wrote:Qualifying

1) VET
2) HAM
3) ALO
4) MSC
5) MAL
6) GRO

(6 different teams hmmm)
Race
1) VET
2) GRO
3) HAM
I didn't too badly with quali prediction, if you remove ALO and MSC because they weren't in Q3 I would actually have got the top 4 in a row (of course that doesn't really count..).

There's a lot of buzz about GRO for tomorrow it seems but with it being Valencia he's going to have to overtake with the pit stops is he not? I still wouldn't really fancy him for the win..

myurr
myurr

I reckon Grosjean has a great shot at the win. I get the feeling that this circuit just really doesn't suit the McLaren that much, so I think Hamilton would be happy to salvage a podium finish regardless of which step of the podium he's on. Vettel may have pole but as in Canada he may have compromised his race pace and tyre durability, at least compared to the Lotus if not Hamilton.

marcush.
marcush.

Unfortunatelly MS was unable to string all the good sectors to one good lap when counting ..so he was not slower than nico but you need to be able to deliver these days one little glitch in one sector and you are done...

PlatinumZealot

stefan_ wrote:I don't get it where does Vettel finds those tenths of a second. That's the least of my worries though, because I feel quite uncomfortable with Maldonado on 3rd.
Terrible quali... or what that was for Webber and the Ferraris. And Perez.
Engine maps..

I heard the buzz from off throttle blowing all through the session from the RedBull.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

Gio
Gio

Hi peeps,

I am a long time lurker, first time poster. Love the input of you guys.

I am fond of figures and number, however, the only thing I miss on every site are the number of used tires and number of spare tires per driver.

In order to have a better understanding of potential strategies tomorrow it would be of interest to address the tire usage per driver.

What do you guys think of making a scheme of tires used per session starting from today? Let me know what you guys think of this idea.

best gio

Mr Alcatraz

I like it :wink:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

i70q7m7ghw
i70q7m7ghw

Hamilton under investigation for impeading Rosberg. Who wants to bet he gets another penalty and this races gets even more boring. Jenson also aplogised for his comments on Valencia, I think he should have stuck to his guns personally, it's a horrid circuit.