2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Scuderia1967

Re: 2016 Red Bull Racing team - TAG Heuer

ME4ME wrote:
Scuderia1967 wrote:
lio007 wrote:
Infiniti was very prominent on last years overalls. It's more or less last years without Infiniti.
They lost Infiniti, Casio and Singha (who is now a Ferrari sponsor), added Tag-Heuer and AT&T. But seeing that these two, despite Tag branding the engine, have very little place in the bodywork, I'd say Mr. Mateschitz had to open up his wallet a lot more this year...
Yup, I agree. That's probably one of the reasons the Red Bull logo is so bold on the sidepods now, to really make the brand catch the eye.

Also don't forget the obvious sponsor to the added sponsor list: Puma :P
Yes, I forgot them. And what a party they threw! Probably because Alpinestars is becoming more and more popular in F1 (they have Force India, Renault, Willliams and Haas, if memory serves me well)

bhall II
bhall II

bdr529 wrote:We each have our opinion on what that colour is in that area...
This should make it easier to see.

Same vertical plane, same light source...

...same as last season:

It's just a way to de-emphasize the element in order to give the car a sleeker appearance. A bit like this...

(I don't know whether the last few pages make me want to laugh or cry.)

turbof1

I'd still wait for a better lighting. That room wasn't just lighted from the sealing, but from the walls as well. You can totally be right, Bhall, and for the record I do see blue in that image. However, I am quite a bit unsure (and far away from the confidence I had yesterday when I said it's totally black). On this image it looks like it gets lighted from the same source as well, yet gives a totally different impression:

(Btw, the left front tyre also features a bit of blue on top...)There's also the case where the drivers have black overalls with grey accents. I think we can argue forever about the car based on the current pictures, but I think we can agree that the overalls are a black and white case :lol: . Might not mean much, or it is an indication. I'll leave that too in the middle (or grey, if anybody is still alive after these bad color puns).

Natural or atleast neutral lighting, and then we'll know. For sure. It's ironic you took pictures from the car last year, which is in natural light. Not your intent, I know, but I can't help to notice it :P.

I also understand why somebody felt it was pearlescent. It's really inconsistent from camera angle to camera angle.
#AeroFrodo

Scuderia1967

I've seen pictures where the drivers overalls look grey and... blue. And the team's wear is definitely blue

bhall II
bhall II

turbof1 wrote:It's ironic you took pictures from the car last year, which is in natural light. Not your intent, I know, but I can't help to notice it :P.
What do you think I was trying to illustrate with those photos?

I was referring to the black portion of the turning vanes, not the dark blue everywhere else. This...

Even Helen Keller's corpse would notice the contrast.

turbof1

bhall II wrote:
turbof1 wrote:It's ironic you took pictures from the car last year, which is in natural light. Not your intent, I know, but I can't help to notice it :P.
What do you think I was trying to illustrate with those photos?

I was referring to the black portion of the turning vanes, not the dark blue everywhere else. This...

http://i.imgur.com/LWTSPjy.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/YPi8j54.jpg

Even Helen Keller's corpse would notice the contrast.
Who :lol: ?

It's a shame and probably also the intent that Red Bull did not released studio pictures. They probably anticipated this discussion. The more you talk about it, you know.
#AeroFrodo

bhall II
bhall II

Like I said, this is the quintessential dumbass F1T conversation.

Big Mangalhit

They are getting inspiration in this 2015 trend

bdr529

bhall II wrote:
bdr529 wrote:We each have our opinion on what that colour is in that area...
This should make it easier to see.

Same vertical plane, same light source...
http://i.imgur.com/848HzrO.jpg
Thank you for posting that photo, I do see the difference in the area you highlighted
My hat's off to you, It's clear that I was incorrect in my initial assessment

adrianjordan

Hmmm....my post went nowhere...try again...

Not a fan myself. Never liked matt finished cars (just not my cup of tea) and prefer the Red Bull wording with the white border...also prefer the bull on the airbox with a white border...

Actually this looks a little like it should be the Torro Rosso livery...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

turbof1 wrote:
bhall II wrote:Even Helen Keller's corpse would notice the contrast.
Who :lol: ?
She was deaf and - important for this discussion - blind, from 19 months old. Obviously also deceased.
Wikipedia wrote:Helen Adams Keller (June 27, 1880 – June 1, 1968) was an American author, political activist, and lecturer. She was the first deafblind person to earn a bachelor of arts degree.

turbof1

Thanks for the information. That's actually a huge achievement. Again ironic since Bhall calls the color topic dumbass. Knowing him done intentionally for contrast :P.
#AeroFrodo

bhall II
bhall II

Helen Keller walks into a bar.
Then a chair. Then a table.

What was Helen Keller's favorite color?
Corduroy.

Roses are black, violets are black. I'm Helen Keller

How did Helen Keller burn her hands?
She tried to read a waffle iron.

Why did Helen Keller masturbate with her left hand?
So she could moan with the right.

Why couldn't Helen Keller jump out of an airplane?
It scared the --- out of her dog.

Why couldn't Helen Keller drive?
Because she was a woman.

turbof1

A little bit too much, Bhall. The irony and paradox was tasteful. Now the contrast you provided earlier is reflecting in your subtlety.

Oh well, atleast more colorful then the red bull livery.
#AeroFrodo

bhall II
bhall II

C'mon. Helen Keller jokes are fun for the whole family!
bdr529 wrote:Thank you for posting that photo, I do see the difference in the area you highlighted
My hat's off to you, It's clear that I was incorrect in my initial assessment
My monitor's just a bit more accurate than most LCDs tend to be, and it made the color variation easy to spot.