Belgian GP 2009 - Spa Francorchamps

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
roost89
roost89

Re: Belgian GP 2009 - Spa Francorchamps

Rubens pouring out blue-smoke, surely he'll pit.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

Fil

Can it last 14km's in front of Rosberg & Webber..?
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

roost89
roost89

Yes!! Kimi wins, Fisico 2nd...what? :shock: Vettel 3rd and Rubens' engine survives the race with the leak.

Great race, really enjoyed it :)
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

Fil

haha! and then the Brawn catches on fire in the pits!! :lol:
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

zgred

Incredible, FI chasing Ferrari for win. P2 is great success too.

Congratulations! First points from P2. Bernie is sick to even think about dumping Belgian GP from the race calendar.

noname
noname

I hope Bernie have seen the race and will think at least twice before saying anything about taking out F1 from Spa.

congratulations to Kimi, Ferrari and, especially, Fisico and FI. nice to see BMW in good shape too.
Last edited by noname on 30 Aug 2009, 15:39, edited 1 time in total.

noname
noname

sorry... wrong buttons... again ;)

sunny1304
sunny1304

KIMI....wow.....at last he wins again.

I just hope Ferrari will retain him for the next year alongside with alonso.

Congratulatiuons to Fisi & FI....their hard work have been paid off this week.

The FOZ
The FOZ

WhiteBlue wrote:Vettel will be the big winner in the championship race.
I consider Vettel to potentially be a points black hole...I fully expect him to blow up two more engines between now and season's end, and start racking up the grid penalties.

The FOZ
The FOZ

sunny1304 wrote:KIMI....wow.....at last he wins again.

But that would mean ditching Massa...which would be an altogether shitty thing for them to do, given the situation. Only Massa being unable to race competitively again would give Ferrari justifiable cause to let him go.

I think Ferrari have backed themselves into a terrible spot now, if you believe the report that Alonso's already signed with 'em.

timbo
timbo

Amazing race on amazing track!

sunny1304
sunny1304

The FOZ wrote:
sunny1304 wrote:KIMI....wow.....at last he wins again.

But that would mean ditching Massa...which would be an altogether shitty thing for them to do, given the situation. Only Massa being unable to race competitively again would give Ferrari justifiable cause to let him go.

I think Ferrari have backed themselves into a terrible spot now, if you believe the report that Alonso's already signed with 'em.
actually it looks that Alonso has done something with Ferrari....otherwise all these rumours could not last for such long time....

actually i dont care abt alonso move in ferrari....all i want kimi in ferrari for the next season. and i believe kimi is better than massa in terms of driving ability.... dont kill me for saying this....this is only my point of view.

ISLAMATRON

Kimi passed 2 cars while off track after La Source, Ferrari get away with cheating again.. what's new?

Truilli ran up the back of Heifeld after turn 1, but it might have been Nick's "fault", he locked up going in and was really slow coming out.

Button looked like he was hit from behind and spun into Grosjean(who may have hit him initially)... Grosjean hit a couple cars in Turn 1, and he hit Badoer at the start last week... he is dangerous at the starts.

Lewis checked up to avoid the Button/Grosjean wreck and was ran up the back by ALG... too bad for us cause we didnt get to see Nicole all race.

Sutil hit Alonso at the start... but why couldnt they run without the wheel spats? Spa is not that heavy braking and it was pretty cold.

What the hell took them so long to put out RB's fire? Same thing happened in Brazil last year, one of the Hondas caught fire and the driver jumped out, it rolled back into Hamilton's car and he couldnt put the steering wheel back on. Strange

ds.raikkonen

sknguy wrote:In advance I'd like to congratulate Trulli for the fine victory. Raikkonen made the most of an improved Ferrari to capture second....
How do you feel now? :lol:
At least some people in this forum can shut up making wise cracks about Force India now.Its Kimi's 4th Belgian GP victory and Force India's first podium...and that too side by side the F60. WELL DONE!
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

jddh1

ISLAMATRON wrote:Kimi passed 2 cars while off track after La Source, Ferrari get away with cheating again.. what's new?
Oh stop it.
The rule is that you cannot make up places. He had already passed the Toyotas. He did not fall behind or gain a position. So that's why it wasn't even investigated by the stewards. In addition, no one even complained to the stewards so that they would launch an investigation.
So, please, stop it with the Ferrari bashing. I know you know the rules so just stop it.

Anyway, good win by Kimi. Lucked out on the left side of the track at the start as everyone was going right.
Fisi was genuinely quick. I wonder if he'll make a run for the win at Monza in the FiF1 (unless he goes to Ferrari.)