Where is Kimi racing next year?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
sunny1304
sunny1304

Re: Where is Kimi racing next year?

noname wrote:
sunny1304 wrote:Toyota will give their everything to develop a quick car if they get kimi.
every year they are saying they've gave everything but there is still no single win on their scoring board.
yes, but toyota always lacked a top ranked driver....i am sure they will get motivated than ever if kimi comes there. and also kimi's arrival will allow toyota to let Kobayashi race for them with less criticism.

CHT
CHT

I think Kimi might choose to take a pay cut and drive for Brawn GP next year.

marcush.
marcush.

How long is Toyota in F1 ,how many hundreds of millions have they burnt without any meaningful results? let alone all those hire and fire big salary guys...
To state Kimi was too expensive is a bit of a piece of travesty with that history...
If I were kimi I´d ask a premium for that statement,Toyata needs Kimi or as mentioned here already should quit on the spot and confess defeat.

vasia
vasia

Howett claims that the money Kimi is asking for is "too much" :roll:.

I sincerely hope they do not mess up their chances of getting Kimi. If they don't get Kimi because of Howett, I think he should be booted from the team.

Toyota offered a huge amount of money to Alonso seasons ago, but instead Alonso signed with Renault.

To have any chance at getting Kimi, Toyota needs to offer a huge amount as well.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Raikkonen is such a bad*ass. I love how he just answers that he can do whatever he wants next year. I certainly hope that's the case.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ISLAMATRON

Can he drive for Ferrari next year if he wants?

megz

Under a rock much? Ferrari and Kimi have confirmed they have reduced his contract by a year, meaning it runs out at the end of this season. Interesting that he has said McLaren is the only option for him.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

It's the only option because it's most likely the only team with a chance of winning (out of those looking for a race driver next year). And they're probably the only ones willing to pay his demanded salary.

Image @ Islamatron.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

ISLAMATRON

megz wrote:Under a rock much?
Understand sarcasm much?

I laugh at people who claim they can do whatever they want, when clearly they cant.... it always sounds extremely childish.

I'm sure Kimi would love to drive for Ferrari next year, but he cant.

ringo

Yeah, now he has to face the music. :lol:
Kimi the BOSS wants to see you... :twisted:

ImageImage

don't be nervous now, go on. :mrgreen:
For Sure!!

jamsbong
jamsbong

CHT wrote:I think Kimi might choose to take a pay cut and drive for Brawn GP next year.
judging at the performance state of the current teams, it is safe to bet that BrawnGP and McLaren will be strong next year. Ferrari and RedBull should also be strong but they don't have room for Kimi.

I think Kimi should go to Brawn and he will have Rosberg as his teammate. I think they will get along well (culture wise).

There is a good reason why Brawn have not re-sign any of their current drivers. Ross Brawn is a man who do not use stepping stones to reach the top (he never use conservative method). His strategy is to win straight out of the box, make other teams panic, then go conservative.
At the moment, they've got the sponsorships to buy good drivers. The car should remain competitive next year but probably not dominant since rule changes are minimal next year. So more reason to have a great driver, Schumacher or Kimi??? hehehe... :)

PlatinumZealot

Kimi Vs button or Kimi Vs Hamilton?

I think Button doesn't want Kimi but Hamilton does.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

sunny1304
sunny1304

if button gets kimi as a teammate somehow, for sure button will nowhere.....he is the current champion but , he dont have that quality to beat alonso , kimi or hamilton...even barrichello is will enough to outpace him on several occassion.

Richard
Richard

n smikle wrote:Kimi Vs button or Kimi Vs Hamilton?

I think Button doesn't want Kimi but Hamilton does.
I think of "and" not "versus"

lebesset
lebesset

we will probably never know but I think kimi is probably delighted to leave ferrari ; since he has been there they have increasingly latinised the team ....no place for the iceman !
to the optimist a glass is half full ; to the pessimist a glass is half empty ; to the F1 engineer the glass is twice as big as it needs to be