2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
roon
roon

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

My, my. Whatever could that second mirror support be for? Surely just a structural optimization. Best call Charlie just in case. And while you have him ask him to tilt the helmet cam down a little, and turn on image stabilization.

AJI
AJI

roon wrote:
04 Jun 2018, 04:43
My, my. Whatever could that second mirror support be for? Surely just a structural optimization. Best call Charlie just in case. And while you have him ask him to tilt the helmet cam down a little, and turn on image stabilization.
And remove the halo in post.

marmer
marmer

Talisman wrote:
03 Jun 2018, 23:30
Fantastic stuff. I'm surprised how quickly the halo merged into the background, doesn't seem to make much difference to visibility.
That was fantastic. Show how little the driver looks straight at the halo as they are too busy looking for apex.

On a different note anyone else think the Honda when going into pits sounded like a diesel tractor

Snorked
Snorked

Toro Rosso to bring big update to Canada?

https://www.as-web.jp/f1/376086
The next race in Canada is a course where power is things, but Guthrie following Hartley also said that "Honda will introduce a new specification power unit", said Polo. However, the actual Honda seems to be unable to decide the timing of introduction, so I do not know until which time I came to visit the site.

However, a major improvement on the body side has been decided, and it is almost certain that the fighting power will rise more than ever. Gary on board the momentum is Canada, which has quite different characteristics from Monaco at the same urban area circuit, and what kind of running will you show us?

roon
roon

marmer wrote:
04 Jun 2018, 09:42
Talisman wrote:
Fantastic stuff. I'm surprised how quickly the halo merged into the background, doesn't seem to make much difference to visibility.
That was fantastic. Show how little the driver looks straight at the halo as they are too busy looking for apex.

On a different note anyone else think the Honda when going into pits sounded like a diesel tractor
To me it sounded like a Briggs & Stratton. In that moment--approaching pit lane exit.

GhostF1
GhostF1

roon wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 00:21
marmer wrote:
Talisman wrote:

To me it sounded like a Briggs & Stratton. In that moment--approaching pit lane exit.

https://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.co ... 92_600.jpg
It will be interesting to see if there are any big engine tone changes this weekend, seeing as the upgrade is focused on the ICE (heads, block etc). Also stands to reason the way its run, or even the manifolds will be different. Will be listening with great interest!
On that note, this video of the STR13 at Barcelona. Probably the only one I've seen where there's an obvious comparison of the PU running in different modes, all from the same location, first corner, then up through the 'S'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3qEZrUJpus

Starting at 0:55, car goes through twice on what seems to be a lower mode, but the third time at 1:15, clearly a turned up mode, far more aggressive "rasping" through the corner and sounds like the wastegates are open, up through the corner complex. Worth the listen. Sounds great.

roon
roon

GhostF1 wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 04:18
roon wrote:
05 Jun 2018, 00:21
marmer wrote:

https://www.electricgeneratorsdirect.co ... 92_600.jpg
It will be interesting to see if there are any big engine tone changes this weekend, seeing as the upgrade is focused on the ICE (heads, block etc). Also stands to reason the way its run, or even the manifolds will be different. Will be listening with great interest!
On that note, this video of the STR13 at Barcelona. Probably the only one I've seen where there's an obvious comparison of the PU running in different modes, all from the same location, first corner, then up through the 'S'.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3qEZrUJpus

Starting at 0:55, car goes through twice on what seems to be a lower mode, but the third time at 1:15, clearly a turned up mode, far more aggressive "rasping" through the corner and sounds like the wastegates are open, up through the corner complex. Worth the listen. Sounds great.
Thanks. Those third and forth passes do sound smoother. I was trying to decipher if some of the burbling noises were those of the car going over the curbs. :?:

etusch

Thunder18
Thunder18

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Does anybody see this as a possibility or just wild speculation?

https://www.motorsportweek.com/news/id/18473
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

etusch

I read v8 redbull car with Toro Rosso livery. So it must be renault engine

HPD

New rumor. Lando Norris to TR.
Lando needs to gain experience before becoming an official pilot in 2019. And TR needs a constant pilot.

It's not a bad idea, but I still want to give Hartley a chance.

dren

I was really wanting to see Hartley prove himself in Monaco as I think he had better performance there than Gasly. He just caught bad luck during his qualification run. This rumor sounds plausible, though.
Honda!

hasika
hasika

https://www.as-web.jp/f1/376475/3
次のカナダはストレートが長いだけに楽な戦いにはならないだろうが、ドライバーたちは0.5秒分にもなるパワーユニットのアップデートに期待を寄せている。

There are long straights in Montreal,so it wont be a easy race. But The dirvers expect a 0.5s gain from new power unit will bring some positive results.

etusch

0.5s? :shock: