2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Schuttelberg

Re: 2017 Mclaren F1 Team - Honda

Looks like McHonda are throwing everything at it to keep Alonso happy!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

adrianjordan

FW17 wrote:
12 Apr 2017, 20:51
Has there even a comparison of Indy vs F1 engine loudness for people start complaining about f1?
I can't find it online, but I am sure that I saw an article back in 2015 which compared the F1 hybrid noise with other series in terms of decibels and it faired better than most people would think... If anyone can find it, that would be awesome.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

KingHamilton01

Dare I say that this mean's Alonso Already has one foot out the door at McLaren...? Good exposure for the team but at the end of the day it all comes back to the team not having a competitive F1 Package.
McLaren Mercedes

loner

para bellum.

diffuser

KingHamilton01 wrote:
12 Apr 2017, 23:25
Dare I say that this mean's Alonso Already has one foot out the door at McLaren...? Good exposure for the team but at the end of the day it all comes back to the team not having a competitive F1 Package.
I think this means the complete opposite with regards to Alonso. Why would they invest in Alonso if he wasn't gonna stay ?
With regards to the competitiveness it all depends on what your definition is of competitive, they've definitely been competitive with the midfield. Little further down that they like. I'm sure as the power increases they'll climb to the top of the midfield.

To early to tell how far up their chassis will carry them.

Sonador
Sonador

I am liking Zak Brown more and more at the helm of Mclaren, he comes acros just as great of a fan as we are/do!

Don't get me wrong, i liked RD and MW also, Boullier on the other had i stil am not so sure.
I liked him over at Lotus, but ever since he went to Mclaren he started using way to fancy words .....

When he went to Mclaren, Lotus gave him the book fifty shades of grey.
I peed a little bit from laughing so hard ...

I think Alonso racing in the indy 500 is very cool, lets hope he is just as succesfull as Hulkenberg was in Le Mans.

JuanjoTS
JuanjoTS

Schuttelberg wrote:
12 Apr 2017, 22:56
Looks like McHonda are throwing everything at it to keep Alonso happy!
Not only is that, also McHonda is benefiting from the media pull of ALO, comments more of McHonda now than when they were 5/6 position with Mercedes engine .... Having ALO happy ensures your continuity and always be in the top of popularity .... not to mention the great pilot that is. It's a great move by McHonda.
Commented more on McHonda / ALO than Mercedes and Ferrari combined.
I do not say that ALONSO is the most important part, but if a 33.3 period%.

We will have to open a new thread to talk about McHonda / ALONSO in indianapolis?

loner

perhaps Sakura modified the Honda indy engines they are talking about 40+ hp and less fuel consumption than last year
so they find it great opportunity for all if ALO do indy 500 advertising wise , same time give them room to fix the power unit with less stress iam sure the simulator numbers of the new spec PU play a part for the upbeat attitude
of the Mclaren-Honda individuals
para bellum.

dren

I think HPD is responsible for the Indy engines?
Honda!

Redragon

Redragon wrote:
08 Mar 2017, 23:56
makecry wrote:
Diesel wrote:I doubt Alonso is going to continue for the whole season, and somehow I don't think Button is coming back either. I'd say after race 4 (Spain) if McLaren aren't challenging for podiums Alonso will be out the door.
Nah he is not quitting mid season. That will be a career suicide.
He will not quit but he might run Lemans this year as noneone on the team are going to have him unhappy
This is what I wrote back at the beginning of March, it is not Lemans but Indy 500.

GhostF1
GhostF1

Mansour Ojjeh hinted at the potential of a fully endorsed McLaren Indy program and also the potential to re-enter the Lemans 24Hr in the future...
https://www.pitpass.com/58780/Ojjeh-hin ... -programme

Hearing this. Predictions.

Alonso will almost definitely re-sign with McLaren after this F1 season, they will open the doors for his triple title goal, so he would be stupid to leave. McLaren have literally single-handedly given him the Indy chance he wanted, it is only a matter of time before they give him a shot at the 24hr. The potential to be a triple McLaren world champion across 3 major motoring events is surely too enticing to pass up. Mix that with Honda surely getting their act together soon, I just think his future would be far brighter if he stays at McLaren.

Jerrycobra
Jerrycobra

adrianjordan wrote:
12 Apr 2017, 23:14
FW17 wrote:
12 Apr 2017, 20:51
Has there even a comparison of Indy vs F1 engine loudness for people start complaining about f1?
I can't find it online, but I am sure that I saw an article back in 2015 which compared the F1 hybrid noise with other series in terms of decibels and it faired better than most people would think... If anyone can find it, that would be awesome.
I have never heard of F1 engines live but have heard of the V6 indytt engines a lot. Volume wise they are loud enough were you will have trouble hearing/speaking to your seat neighbor when a few or more pass by. comparing to GT racers they are definitely louder than something like a AMG-GT/Continental GT3, but not louder/on par than say a A M Vantage GT3.

The biggest factor though is imo indycars have a much nicer sound than their F1 counterparts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQr4X34p8to

Ps. we are probably going to need a whole separate thread for this Mclaren-indy deal haha

mclaren111

THIS IS WHAT THE F1 CAR SHOULD LOOK LIKE !!!!!!

RS200E

Oh god no. That makes the F1 livery look like a masterpiece.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!

fellowhoodlums
fellowhoodlums

It's Button for Monaco by the looks of it. I think Bahrain test attendance would confirm it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/39589767