2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
wiktor977
wiktor977

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Rikrikrik wrote:
18 May 2024, 13:16
Joseki wrote:
18 May 2024, 13:12
https://i.imgur.com/Es0LTG0.png

The lap Alonso was doing was relatively competitive, +0.6s after 2 sectors compared to Sainz P1 at the time on soft.
Just ilusional. more engine maybe. AM is now the sixth or with the perfect balance the fifth team.
Everyone runs more engine

MichaelxScarn
MichaelxScarn

Rikrikrik wrote:
18 May 2024, 13:16
Joseki wrote:

The lap Alonso was doing was relatively competitive, +0.6s after 2 sectors compared to Sainz P1 at the time on soft.
Just ilusional. more engine maybe. AM is now the sixth or with the perfect balance the fifth team.
Since your first post, I haven’t read anything positive about Aston. How comes you’re here then so much? Constructive criticism is something I totally get, but this constant negativity that crawls in here is getting a bit annoying.

Xyz22
Xyz22

It's always very difficult to add performance to a car that is eating tyres in race trim, because it means there is something wrong in the behavior/characteristics of the car.

For example, a car that was famous for his terrible tyre wear was the SF 90. The chassis had tremendous amount of understeer that made the car slide in medium/high radius corner. This behaviour was terrible for tyre management. In fact in Hungary (which is full of these corners) Vettel and Leclerc were losing up to 1s from MB and RB.

Of course i don't know why the AM is very harsh on the tyres but Matteo Bobbi (Sky Italy) said that Aston Martin was seeing huge improvements with the upgrades on the wind tunnel / simulator that didn't translate to actual performance on track already last year. This is a huge issue that they need to fully understand and fix as fast as possible.

wiktor977
wiktor977

Xyz22 wrote:
18 May 2024, 13:25
It's always very difficult to add performance to a car that is eating tyres in race trim, because it means there is something wrong in the behavior/characteristics of the car.

For example, a car that was famous for his terrible tyre wear was the SF 90. The chassis had tremendous amount of understeer that made the car slide in medium/high radius corner. This behaviour was terrible for tyre management. In fact in Hungary (which is full of these corners) Vettel and Leclerc were losing up to 1s from MB and RB.

Of course i don't know why the AM is very harsh on the tyres but Matteo Bobbi (Sky Italy) said that Aston Martin was seeing huge improvements with the upgrades on the wind tunnel / simulator that didn't translate to actual performance on track already last year. This is a huge issue that they need to fully understand and fix as fast as possible.
AMR24 is eating rear tyres not front. They setup the car for understeer to save rear tyres

Joseki
Joseki

Alonso (crashed)

Stroll (+1.014s)

If yesterday I was negative today I'm more uncertain than negative.
Last edited by Joseki on 18 May 2024, 13:35, edited 1 time in total.

MichaelxScarn
MichaelxScarn

Anyone any info on if they can get the car ready for qualy?

Otromundo

Things aren't looking good. But we will have to wait for the classification to confirm these bad omens.

If things don't change we have lost the pace of the teams that have a Mercedes engine. And also those from below begin to surround us. RB and Ferrari apparently and as always ahead. Although the RBs also seem to be a little lost.

Mmmmm... some say that the current situation is normal in a team that is actually being born as such. I agree. Also that the best engineers and experienced people do not grow on trees. And I also agree. But I still have confidence that the guys at AM will find the solution. We will see.

The McLs look good. They have found speed. Our main objective is to imitate their behavior.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

MichaelxScarn wrote:
18 May 2024, 13:34
Sure they can,the real question is they have new parts or Alonso have to drive the old car.

xReVo
xReVo

Xyz22 wrote:
18 May 2024, 13:25

The sf90 won 3 races and achieved many podiums, Aston Martin if it gets a podium this year we have to celebrate. Many talk as if the Mercedes wind tunnel is poor, not understanding that it is the best of all f1. The rear suspension may be problematic, but it doesn't seem to me that Mercedes has tire wear problems. The problem lies solely with Aston Martin and they are making a mistake something in my opinion

MichaelxScarn
MichaelxScarn

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
18 May 2024, 13:38
MichaelxScarn wrote:
Sure they can,the real question is they have new parts or Alonso have to drive the old car.
Just read something about some possible gearbox damage, cause then it’s by no means a given.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Joseki wrote:

The lap Alonso was doing was relatively competitive, +0.4s after 2 sectors compared to Sainz P1 at the time on soft.
And Alonso would lost another 0.3 in S3 so I don't think is competitive.

jofs89
jofs89

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
MichaelxScarn wrote:
To be honest, it might not be a bad exercise to run the old car to see if the new one is an improvement. I think they have to go back to testing mode to actually really get to the bottom of making these tyres work imo.

MichaelxScarn
MichaelxScarn

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
18 May 2024, 13:41
Joseki wrote:

The lap Alonso was doing was relatively competitive, +0.4s after 2 sectors compared to Sainz P1 at the time on soft.
And Alonso would lost another 0.3 in S3 so I don't think is competitive.
Get your point, but 0.7 on hards compared to softs WOULD BE competitive.

N3mest
N3mest

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
MichaelxScarn wrote:
That's the big question, no info yet

renault rs26
renault rs26

jofs89 wrote:
18 May 2024, 13:43
OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
MichaelxScarn wrote:
To be honest, it might not be a bad exercise to run the old car to see if the new one is an improvement. I think they have to go back to testing mode to actually really get to the bottom of making these tyres work imo.
What about upgrades are improvement but other's updated are even better?