2015 Mexican Grand Prix - Mexico City, Oct 30 - Nov 1

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
matt_b
matt_b

Re: 2015 Mexican Grand Prix - Mexico City, Oct 30 - Nov 1

Very difficult to follow here, Nico did the job yesterday and reaped the reward. Fans were unbelievable this weekend!

flynfrog

matt_b wrote:Very difficult to follow here, Nico did the job yesterday and reaped the reward. Fans were unbelievable this weekend!
I know, when was the last time you heard cheering over the cars!

langwadt
langwadt

komninosm wrote:
Felipe 92 wrote:
trinidefender wrote:
It doesn't matter. As a matter of principle as the years have gone by the FIA has specifically been making rule changes to get rid of the influence of teams on their drivers while on track. If Hamilton thinks he can make it without a pit then let Nico make the decision if he thinks he can make the end of the race on his current tyres.

Let the racers race.

*Edit* good job Nico, you handled the pressure from Hamilton quite well.

And if Hamilton didn`t pit and his tyre blow out 5-6 laps before the end you will be here raging how Mercedes ruined Hamilton`s race and favoured Nico.
No he[we] wouldn't, because it was his own choice. He did ask to check Rosberg's tires to see how much they had left in em.
Hamilton should have asked to stay out a few laps longer and take on softs. Of course then he would get to pit right with the safety car and probably pass Ros and that would have been fun.
Otherwise they should have been allowed to race, Ham had his two laps advantage on the medium tires and we'd see who could manage by the end of the race.
They had time in hand to play it safe so they pitted Ros, then decided to be fair and make Ham pit too

I'm quite sure that "instruction" in the end of the radio message was code for; it is an order not a request

trinidefender
trinidefender

Felipe 92 wrote:
trinidefender wrote:
It doesn't matter. As a matter of principle as the years have gone by the FIA has specifically been making rule changes to get rid of the influence of teams on their drivers while on track. If Hamilton thinks he can make it without a pit then let Nico make the decision if he thinks he can make the end of the race on his current tyres.

Let the racers race.

*Edit* good job Nico, you handled the pressure from Hamilton quite well.

And if Hamilton didn`t pit and his tyre blow out 5-6 laps before the end you will be here raging how Mercedes ruined Hamilton`s race and favoured Nico.
No I wouldn't. I would call it Lewis not listening to his teams advice. There is a large distinction between the team saying your tyre life is getting low so please pit. That's what happened the first time they called him in.

The second time was clearly a team order. The words "this is an instruction" came after the second transmission when again lewis challenged them. If he had a blow out and retired then I would say it is purely Lewis fault.

On the other side of the coin what if Lewis had stayed out and beaten Nico. Then what?

ChrisM40
ChrisM40

iotar__ wrote:
J0rd4n wrote:Great drive from Nico, but...

Queue iotar_ claiming most dominant win of the season
- Third to be precise after Austria and Spain but who cares? Win is a win.
- So if that was a race set up how slow was Hamilton today? Unless of course we can forget about another excuse for being slower yesterday
- Queue fanatics with excuses and clutching at straws, oh wait it's already happening. No, Rosberg was comfortably quicker on 1,2 15 or zero pitstop race.
- As always it's not about who was quicker or won (can go either way) but the amount of BS fiction surrounding it.
Not really dominant at all. Winning by a couple of seconds because passing an identical car is almost impossible here isn't dominant. If anything it was one of the least dominant wins of the season, so third 'most dominant', yeah, OK. :roll:

But hey a win is a win...

tomazy
tomazy

Are there any speed trap figures from the race?

flynfrog

Mod note please stop reporting post when someone makes fun of your favorite driver or makes fun of you for worshiping your favorite driver in a race thread. We don't care you bring it upon yourself.

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Vettel under investigation for leaving track and gaining an advantage.
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

Shrieker

Vettel ?
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Shrieker wrote:Vettel ?
Yes.
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

Kingshark
Kingshark

Ferrari's first double DNF since Australia 2006. Interestingly enough, none of the DNF's in either Mexico 2015 or Australia 2006 had anything to do with car reliability, but rather driver errors.

Another parallel between Australia 2006 and Mexico 2015:
At Mexico 2015, the #1 Ferrari driver (Vettel) lost control and crashed by himself, while the #2 Ferrari driver (Raikkonen) collided with a Williams driven by a Finn (Bottas).
At Australia 2006, the #1 Ferrari driver (Schumacher) lost control and crashed by himself, while the #2 Ferrari driver (Massa) collided with a Williams driven by a Finn (Rosberg).

Well perhaps Rosberg is not purely a Finn, but close enough.

tomazy
tomazy

Silent Storm wrote:
Yes.
What advantage are they investigating I wonder. Spining or crashing hmm. In both he gaind big advantages. I say at least 10 grid penalty for the next race and disqualification from this one :P

There must be some other off by him that I missed, but why investigate him, he did not finished the race anyway?

https://twitter.com/gianlu_dale/status/ ... 7440840704

ferkan
ferkan

tomazy wrote:Are there any speed trap figures from the race?

Lap 37.

Jordan44

tomazy wrote:
Silent Storm wrote:
Yes.
What advantage are they investigating I wonder. Spining or crashing hmm. In both he gaind big advantages. I say at least 10 grid penalty for the next race and disqualification from this one :P

There must be some other off by him that I missed, but why investigate him, he did not finished the race anyway?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CSwf0KQWEAA6Z2g.png

https://twitter.com/gianlu_dale/status/ ... 7440840704
Supposedly he cut pretty much every corner on his way to the pits on the punctured tyres. Being investigated because it's also a matter of safety.

Kingshark
Kingshark

I would have loved to see what Massa could have done at the end of the race (on the lightest fuel loads) with DRS and slipstream.