[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Alonso Fan

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2016

you can import stls into sketchup by using a plugin
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

LVDH

Cool, that looks very good Matteo. I was wondering about releasing an OS version of the MantiumRacer but your car looks much better and cleaner.

You can now all check your CFD results on the Challenge page.
For now no numbers. I never liked how people showed their results ahead of the official results so you now all have to wait.

The simulations all went very well. On two cars I had to perform a bit of CAD cleanup and on one I forgot to mount the wheels so I had to repeat that one.

Depending on how fast Chris is with the compliance checking, we might be able to post the results a week ahead of time.

Have fun going through the images.

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:Cool, that looks very good Matteo. I was wondering about releasing an OS version of the MantiumRacer but your car looks much better and cleaner.
I am sure that the MantiumRacer would be faster, but this is a special release: I was focused about providing a good cooling ducts example and about giving the possibility to custumize the car only using extrusions to optimize front/rear wings/diffuser. That is why the carbody looks very simple.
LVDH wrote:You can now all check your CFD results on the Challenge page.
For now no numbers. I never liked how people showed their results ahead of the official results so you now all have to wait.
The simulations all went very well. On two cars I had to perform a bit of CAD cleanup and on one I forgot to mount the wheels so I had to repeat that one.
Depending on how fast Chris is with the compliance checking, we might be able to post the results a week ahead of time.
Have fun going through the images.
Thanks for the pictures (they say much more than numbers... ), but the ZIP is void: maybe the uploading has not been completed yet?

CAEdevice

Alonso Fan wrote:you can import stls into sketchup by using a plugin
Thanks, it would be easier for me to provide STLs instead of the native SketchUp files.

AratzH

I think there is a problem with my results, I download the file but it is an empty zip...
MVRC -> TF

Alonso Fan

how do I download the file?
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

HP-Racing
HP-Racing

Seems like our results have a problem as well. I can't open the downloaded file and it has 0kB.

LVDH

OK, I am currently residing in a place with very shitty internet (yet, I am being told how nice it is here).
I have uploaded Matteo's file once more. Please confirm if it works now.
And if it worked for someone else please let me know, that would help.
If not, I will find an alternative method to provide you with the results. So far Dropbox is doing an excellent job. They should sponsor our competition.

CAEdevice

LVDH wrote:I have uploaded Matteo's file once more. Please confirm if it works now.
I still doesn't work (empty zip archive).
LVDH wrote:So far Dropbox is doing an excellent job. They should sponsor our competition.
I have the "Pro" account and it works perfectly... they should sponsor the MVRC with a "Business" account (aka "Dropbox for Teams") ... why don't you ask them?

Alonso Fan

Everything is ok with the zip file for me. Except the html report doesn't load properly in my web browser, but that could be because I'm doing it on mobile. I'll check on my pc tomorrow

Edit: All working now, pics needed to be in the same directory as the html file. I have to say, the only thing that can top this is the numbers themselves!
Pictures look amazing
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Ft5fTL

The file wont download on my end. It's always getting stuck around %50.
Mantium Challenge - Pure Power Racing

LVDH

Alonso Fan wrote:I have to say, the only thing that can top this is the numbers themselves!
You will need to wait a bit more.
I sent the reports out through Dropbox now. Enjoy.

Alonso Fan

The file from dropbox is the same one which I downloaded from the mvrc website yesterday. Both solutions work

Waiting patiently for the numbers
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

TalnoRacing

I received my download and everything works, thank you.

etsmc
etsmc

Received the drop box link and it worked fine.. the reports are great makes my car look impressive. Can see some room for improvement looks like cop will be way off.