Where is Kimi racing next year?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Fil

Re: Where is Kimi racing next year?

there's still hope.. plenty of talk (especially on Twitter) has resurfaced amongst F1 journalists that Robertson has re-initiated talks with Mercedes.. there may be a comeback afterall!
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

CHT
CHT

If money is not an issue, I think Kimi will be a good fit for MGP.

1) WDC
2) Kimi/MGP merchandise sales will be sufficient to pay for Kimi salary.
3) Kimi/Rosberg team up will concur 80% of all female F1 fans.
4) Kimi (a WDC) will be a good marketing icon for Merc
5) Kimi will be a good motivation for Rosberg.

Fil

Plus he's a proven race-winner. That has to be an advantage for the team compared to a Rosberg/Heidfeld pairing.
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Personally, i can see him alongside Loeb at Citroen WRC.

ISLAMATRON

As Loeb's co-driver? wonder what Daniel Elena has to say about that.

Doesn't Kimi have to drive a Fiat?

DanyalDenyo

He will be racing in WRC next season according to autosport. Apparently Kimi expressed that if he is going to sign an F1 contract, it has to allow him participate in WRC as well.

compo
compo

:?:
Last edited by compo on 22 Nov 2009, 10:10, edited 1 time in total.

raceman

goony wrote:he can come with me PIZZA express are looking for drivers :lol:

goony
(no offence at personal level)

:wtf:

so, do u work for McL or for Pizza Express - perhaps delivering pizzas to McL factory??

WhiteBlue

Fil wrote:there's still hope.. plenty of talk (especially on Twitter) has resurfaced amongst F1 journalists that Robertson has re-initiated talks with Mercedes.. there may be a comeback afterall!
If Merc are talking they probably want him as a replacement for Vettel at Read Bull. Whenever that may be. Likely 2011.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

tok-tokkie
tok-tokkie

Heidveld is a journeyman driver. Rosberg too - though I am not as certain about that. Mercedes really need a top rank driver now that the team will be renamed Mercedes. Having committed so much to this I would be surprised if they don't take the best driver available.

noname
noname

I was out of touch w/ the topic recently so sorry if I am selling well known stuff.

"WRC options emerge for Raikkonen"

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 5211.shtml

segedunum
segedunum

Personally, I think a switch to Brawn Merc is the most logical solution for both parties, maybe more for Mercedes, but I think there are a few obstacles to such a deal, money not being one of them.

A switch to WRC with Citroen and Red Bull, with a view to moving back to Red Bull in F1 when either Vettel or Webber inevitably move on, is the most suited to Raikkonen. Red Bull and his interests align perfectly, he can go rallying when he wants and they would be more than happy to slap a Red Bull sticker on his snowmobile.

On the other hand, a year away from F1 is risky and there is no guarantee Red Bull will be in a winning position in 2011, hence the Merc option.

WhiteBlue

segedunum wrote:On the other hand, a year away from F1 is risky and there is no guarantee Red Bull will be in a winning position in 2011, hence the Merc option.
Merc may have to buy an option on Kimi in order to have him stand by when they want to grab Vettel. Pass Kimi to Red Bull and give Red Bull an engine deal could be a possible approach. I also believe that Kimi would be ideal for Red Bulls corporate attitude. I mean drinking Red Bull vodkas would be the kind of sponsor work Kimi loves. The sticker on the snow mobile or the life savers in Monaco harbour would hardly be a problem.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

PlatinumZealot

RedBull guys do a lot of PR and Kimi seems so bland in front of the cameras. That is very same thing Kimi is running from.

I remember when RedBull with Buemi came to my country, Jamaica in 2008. (10th highest RedBull consumers :wtf: ) :lol: he had to do so many activities other than driving. I just can't imagine Kimi doing similar..

Buemi
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbo0L7ZQK-M[/youtube]

Buemi practicing:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWPIYu1i ... re=related[/youtube]
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

ISLAMATRON

The motorsports scene in Jamaica is fantastic(puerto rico too)... I wish I had known about this I would have definatly made the trip from Miami. Thanks for putting those vids up.