2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Luscion
Luscion

Re: 2024 Mercedes-AMG | Petronas F1 Team

Here we go again with the Hamilton, Russell sh*t flinging competition....every gp weekend :roll:

sport777
sport777

j_ste wrote:
25 May 2024, 17:11
sport777 wrote:
25 May 2024, 17:09
It seems to me that the main thing is that Mercedes is improving and updates will be at the next stages
On a track this short, they are quite a ways behind. And if not for Max banging a wall, behind three teams.

Its not awful but its still not near good. The middle sector gap was mighty
I don’t agree, the car looked fine and it seems to me they will give decent updates, RB is clearly no better here, Verstappen brought more skill than the car, it’s clearly clear that the car has improved a lot without bringing big updates like McLaren and Ferrari, updates on the Merc will be right up to Silverstone

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

I think Russell is Leclerc level in term of pace over one lap. We will realize this when he will have another teamate. But I think Lewis is losing speed over one lap with age (Bottas was faster than him quite often remember), and has issue with tyre temp. But he's still one of the very best on race pace

bananapeel23

Spoutnik wrote:
25 May 2024, 17:35
I think Russell is Leclerc level in term of pace over one lap. We will realize this when he will have another teamate. But I think Lewis is losing speed over one lap with age (Bottas was faster than him quite often remember), and has issue with tyre temp. But he's still one of the very best on race pace
You're insane if you believe Russell is as good over one lap as Leclerc. He was comprehensively outqualified by Hamilton in 2022 and they were dead even in 2023.

Leclerc has never lost a quali head to head. Leclerc is the best qualifier in F1 currently and has been since 2019, and it isn't particularly close.

Spoutnik
Spoutnik

bananapeel23 wrote:
25 May 2024, 17:39
Spoutnik wrote:
You're insane if you believe Russell is as good over one lap as Leclerc. He was comprehensively outqualified by Hamilton in 2022 and they were dead even in 2023.

Leclerc has never lost a quali head to head. Leclerc is the best qualifier in F1 currently and has been since 2019, and it isn't particularly close.
I agree about Leclerc. But I think the closest thing to him is Russell. Even if his race pace can be really he showed real flashes of pace over one lap. I'm a Hamilton fan so I say that without bias

Elite
Elite

I'm one of the biggest fans of LH GOAT :mrgreen: =D>

But he really needs to sort out his qualifying :(

SKYnRacing24

Hoffman900 wrote:
25 May 2024, 17:27
They’re always neck and neck, what more do you guys want?

If you want to see what washed looks like, look at Yuki vs Ric and Stroll vs Alonso.

The Rus vs Ham arguments are just silly. You could cover them in a blanket performance wise.
I want him to out qualify this muppet. 7-1 and your asking " What more do you want " Come on man wake up and smell the coffee. Hamilton fans have every right to be worried about his qualy performance. Leclerc will put the final nails in the coffin. Can't hide behind setup excuses again.
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”

Vanja #66

Very good job by Mercedes this weekend, matching Red Bull must be a good feeling for them. Closest Q pace to the top this season for both drivers, even though Bahrain was a mighty lap from Russell for P3. Where they both running the old front wing?
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

bananapeel23

Spoutnik wrote:
25 May 2024, 17:42
bananapeel23 wrote:
25 May 2024, 17:39
Spoutnik wrote:

I agree about Leclerc. But I think the closest thing to him is Russell. Even if his race pace can be really he showed real flashes of pace over one lap. I'm a Hamilton fan so I say that without bias
Disregarding the obvious (Verstappen), the 2nd and 3rd best qualifiers after Leclerc are surely Lando and Piastri at this point, with Piastri improving at an incredible rate.

Luscion
Luscion

Vanja #66 wrote:
25 May 2024, 17:46
Very good job by Mercedes this weekend, matching Red Bull must be a good feeling for them. Closest Q pace to the top this season for both drivers, even though Bahrain was a mighty lap from Russell for P3. Where they both running the old front wing?
Also seems like they're no longer struggling with a narrow setup window the past two weekends. Russell was still using the new front wing iirc
Last edited by Luscion on 25 May 2024, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.

Hoffman900
Hoffman900

SKYnRacing24 wrote:
25 May 2024, 17:44
Hoffman900 wrote:

If you want to see what washed looks like, look at Yuki vs Ric and Stroll vs Alonso.

The Rus vs Ham arguments are just silly. You could cover them in a blanket performance wise.
I want him to out qualify this muppet. 7-1 and your asking " What more do you want " Come on man wake up and smell the coffee. Hamilton fans have every right to be worried about his qualy performance. Leclerc will put the final nails in the coffin. Can't hide behind setup excuses again.
They’re the closes driving pairing on the grid week in and week out.

One is up there with all time greats and near 40yo. The other is at his peak and is right there with said “one of all time greats”.

If you are a Merc fan, you have to be stoked with what you have as far as drivers go, and instead, everyone is miserable. Merc’s problem is absolutely not the drivers, which you can’t say for most of the teams.

Everyone should he arguing how James Allison and the rest of the engineering staff aren’t delivering front of grid cars and upgrades. Even direct some judgement to Peter Bonnington for missed set ups and direction for Hamilton. It’s not the drivers though.
Last edited by Hoffman900 on 25 May 2024, 18:01, edited 3 times in total.

sport777
sport777

Vanja #66 wrote:
25 May 2024, 17:46
tell me it seemed to me or Merce attacked the curbs well, I don’t know why but the second sector let me down

Vanja #66

sport777 wrote:
25 May 2024, 17:56
tell me it seemed to me or Merce attacked the curbs well, I don’t know why but the second sector let me down
Sorry, I didn't watch Q fully, barely watched half the Q3 live. In FPs they were very good on curbs, I expect they carried that through to Q3. Mercedes, similarly to Ferrari, works their floor differently from RB and McLaren and I expected they'd be closer here as they'd lose less performance by raising the car/floor than RB and McLaren. In turn, this of course allows softer setup and offers better performance over bumps and curbs.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Luscion
Luscion

Interesting from Lewis saying he doesnt expect to be ahead of George typically this year in quali, when asked why all year he said "we'll see". Dont know if something is going on in Merc or its just pessimistic Lewis kicking in

SKYnRacing24

Hoffman900 wrote:
25 May 2024, 17:55
SKYnRacing24 wrote:
25 May 2024, 17:44
Hoffman900 wrote:

They’re the closes driving pairing on the grid week in and week out.

One is up there with all time greats and near 40yo. The other is at his peak and is right there with said “one of all time greats”.

If you are a Merc fan, you have to be stoked with what you have as far as drivers go, and instead, everyone is miserable. Merc’s problem is absolutely not the drivers, which you can’t say for most of the teams.

Everyone should he arguing how James Allison and the rest of the engineering staff aren’t delivering front of grid cars and upgrades. Even direct some judgement to Peter Bonnington for missed set ups and direction for Hamilton. It’s not the drivers though.
I can't believe what im reading... " Merc fans " Nah mate most of us are Hamilton fans, you think we will give a toss about this team once Lewis leaves lool It doesn't matter if there " evenly matched " his qualy form is not good enough and from what ive seen in his interview. He hasn't got a slightest clue why...thats the troubling thing. Im not about to be gaslite by the narrative of he's getting old or how he's testing how sensitive his bum nerves are. Ive got too much of a sample size mate. Are you technically saying i should be content with Lewis losing 7-1 in Qualyfing while he's the record holder in poles in F1 history.....i think not olol.
“And that’s part of the game, is being able to be adaptive, and we’ve got this new car – I don’t know how it’s going to handle, hopefully she’s great.”