Christian Horner under Investigation

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Watto
Watto

Re: Christian Horner under Investigation

Cs98 wrote:
19 Mar 2024, 22:40
At the end of the day this woman can blow up Horner any time she likes by going public and bringing the receipts. The messages are enough in and of themselves, they only need to be confirmed. He'll be hoping she is angling for a settlement and not just exhausting the "proper" routes before the eventual media coming out party. If that comes to pass the irony of Horner putting himself above the team for absolutely no gain will be... palpable.
The only though I have on this is that RB's legal letter and suspending her for being 'dishonest'

I guess its whether they have any evidence to back that up or, is it a PR move to trying and undermine her.

The decision to suspend her if Horner doesn't have anything else really then his days are very very numbered - unless as you say she looks for a payout. But not sure its going to create a good office/work environment forcing someone out for reporting workplace harassment - even if not for current employees perspective ones.

Rodak
Rodak

Well, as my father used to say 'repetition is the mother of learning'. I guess I'm learning a lot......

Wouter

Horner's jet is still in Farnborough but someone tweeted this:

The Power of Dreams!

Cs98
Cs98

Wouter wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 10:06

The PJ probably doesn't have the range to fly to Aus.

Wouter

Cs98 wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 10:46
Wouter wrote:

Yes, it does. Last year he flew with his own jet but he had to stop three times to refuel. The range is 3,200 nmi / 5,926 km.
Max stopped two times. His jet has a range of 4,500 nautical miles / 8,334 kilometres.
The Power of Dreams!

Cs98
Cs98

Wouter wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 10:55
Cs98 wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Yes, it does. Last year he flew with his own jet but he had to stop three times to refuel. The range is 3,200 nmi / 5,926 km.
Max stopped two times. His jet has a range of 4,500 nautical miles / 8,334 kilometres.
Well of course you have the range if you stop a bunch, but that takes time and is not a direct route. It's probably more comfortable and much faster to just fly first class with one stop.

Wouter

Cs98 wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 11:28
Wouter wrote:
Cs98 wrote:
Well of course you have the range if you stop a bunch, but that takes time and is not a direct route.

It's probably more comfortable and much faster to just fly first class with one stop.
More comfortable in a Business class flight? You have a place of 2 square meters and you have to call a stewardess for everything.
Sounds around you when you want to sleep.
In a private jet you have plenty of walking space, a comfortable bed, plenty of food and drinks, and most importantly, a lot of privacy!
Moreover, with two stopovers it is +/- three hours faster to Melbourne than with a one-stop Business class flight.
Max flew from Nice to Melbourne in <22 hours. The drivers who flew from Paris/Rome/Madrid/UK had to fly for >24 hours.
The Power of Dreams!

Waz
Waz

All this discussion is based purely on messages. We have no idea what was said in person, and if anything, the Amber Heard case should be an example of acting with more caution when apportioning blame or victim status.

If a line is willingly crossed by both parties, there's no victim anymore, unless some form of criminal act occurs.

Hiring a communications company and lodging a complaint with the FIA escalates this way beyond the appearance we have been given of a simple workplace affair gone wrong.

PapayaFan481
PapayaFan481

BMMR61 wrote:
19 Mar 2024, 23:52
PapayaFan481 wrote:
19 Mar 2024, 22:20
izzy wrote:
18 Mar 2024, 16:07

I feel very, very strongly about men victimising women, don't try and win by getting personal. That is a disgusting thing to post.

I only post what I honestly believe, thanks very much. Obviously these are terrible for Horner, his marriage, kids, what people think of him being so ridiculous. I just like him not treating her as junior. And her for standing up for herself and caring for him at the same time.
As someone who's profession includes training on how to spot various different kinds of abuse, I can tell you now, IF the texts are real, then Horner was demonstrating textbook controlling behaviour.

It is scary that people on here still can't see that.
I don't discount your experience (HR?) but have my own perspective of following the long term trends in human behaviour. Increasingly there has been a generational shift to lower acceptance of risk, and an underlying ethos of self-entitlement. This does not disregard the right to expect fair treatment by an employer or "superior" in the workplace (sorry poor word choice). The culture change has caught many out in the intergenerational ebb and flow and what was accepted as just part of the game turned into a "micro-aggression" years ago. Some of us who started in the workplace 30 or more years ago struggle to come to terms with what we may see as hypersensitivity in reaction to communications. Is it brought on by communication style, taken in it's most expansive forms?

I know so little about this case - what I've read in the mainstream media - that judging Horner's part in this would be stupid, futile and to a degree unfair. The other party is certainly aggrieved and in answer to considerable effort to get redress, been granted process. The process so far has not gone her way and she has become so aggrieved as going into scorched earth mode, at least that's how it appears. By this I refer to the leaks which I contend are coming from the party or parties attacking Horner. Revenge is never a good look and the employee still has further process to call on without failing to keep wise and quiet counsel and throwing the toys out of the cot.

This may sound naive but I have through many past disputes believed that full attack mode usually results in unintended and unfortunate consequences escalating on both sides. Neither side comes out looking squeaky clean.
No, not HR, I'm an experienced healthcare professional. We are trained to spot even small signs of abuse so that we can then attempt to get the appropriate teams involved.

Watto
Watto

Wouter wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 12:04
Cs98 wrote:
Wouter wrote:

Well of course you have the range if you stop a bunch, but that takes time and is not a direct route.

It's probably more comfortable and much faster to just fly first class with one stop.
More comfortable in a Business class flight? You have a place of 2 square meters and you have to call a stewardess for everything.
In a private jet you have plenty of walking space, a comfortable bed, plenty of food and drinks, and most importantly, a lot of privacy!
Moreover, with two stopovers it is +/- three hours faster to Melbourne than with a one-stop Business class flight.
Max flew from Nice to Melbourne in <22 hours. The drivers who flew from Paris/Rome/Madrid/UK had to fly for >24 hours.
you can get under 22 hours from Farnborough to Melbourne via some airlines Qantas does it in 21:45 with a Perth layout

Would be a big saving too going commercial.

There are pros and cons of a business jet and commercial more than you let on too cabin dimensions business jets can be a little cramped depending I height. The biggest advantage of a business jet is the flexibility to when are where you want, get into smaller airports sometimes too. If you include exec wages in layovers time they can be cheaper. Sure the privacy of a private jet is an advantage but has its counterpoints too.

Absolutely nothing to read into this at all imo.

Watto
Watto

Waz wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 12:13
All this discussion is based purely on messages. We have no idea what was said in person, and if anything, the Amber Heard case should be an example of acting with more caution when apportioning blame or victim status.

If a line is willingly crossed by both parties, there's no victim anymore, unless some form of criminal act occurs.

Hiring a communications company and lodging a complaint with the FIA escalates this way beyond the appearance we have been given of a simple workplace affair gone wrong.
I guess a few points it can be mutual until as myurr has said consent is revolked. If one side continues after that is can be harassment.

Amber Heard maybe interesting but you’d need some signs to put any real weight into that

Maybe that could be with RB suspending her for being ‘dishonest’ according to reports , but I can see it too as a RB attempt to discredit her,

The 3rd point is tricky understand where you’re coming from but if she planned on taking it to court lawyers maybe advise lodge a comply with the FIA first so you show the court you’re taken all actions you can to remedy the situation before you came to court.

Wouter

Watto wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 12:56
Wouter wrote:
Cs98 wrote:

you can get under 22 hours from Farnborough to Melbourne via some airlines Qantas does it in 21:45 with a Perth layout

There are pros and cons of a business jet and commercial more than you let on too cabin dimensions business jets can be a little cramped depending I height. The biggest advantage of a business jet is the flexibility to when are where you want, get into smaller airports sometimes too. If you include exec wages in layovers time they can be cheaper. Sure the privacy of a private jet is an advantage but has its counterpoints too.

This is what I found. :

Departure Farnborough - Arrival Melbourne >>> Nothing found.

Flight time from Farnborough to Melbourne is 25 hours 22 minutes two stops.
Qantas London (not Farnborough) via Perth > Melbourne 23h 15m
The Power of Dreams!

Watto
Watto

Wouter wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 13:42
Watto wrote:
Wouter wrote:

This is what I found. :

Qantas lists it as 21:40 other own site https://book.qantas.com/qf-booking/dyn/ ... 0936369867

Get a limo/car from Farnborough to Heathrow around 25 minutes flight time isn’t too far off depending how long Horners jet would take for 3 stops. If it was only Horner on the flight running costs of a business jet somewhere around $5k an hour puts the flight at around $100k compared to in the $8k-$10k range in business if keeping your eye on the team expenses- we element of that in the messages, plane may have needed repair/maintenance

There is to me nothing at all to read into the Horner situation from this at all

Wouter

Watto wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 14:27
Wouter wrote:
20 Mar 2024, 13:42
Watto wrote:

This is what I found. :

Qantas lists it as 21:40 other own site https://book.qantas.com/qf-booking/dyn/ ... 0936369867

Get a limo/car from Farnborough to Heathrow around 25 minutes flight time isn’t too far off depending how long Horners jet would take for 3 stops. If it was only Horner on the flight running costs of a business jet somewhere around $5k an hour puts the flight at around $100k compared to in the $8k-$10k range in business if keeping your eye on the team expenses- we element of that in the messages, plane may have needed repair/maintenance

There is to me nothing at all to read into the Horner situation from this at all
Thanks for the help and the link, but the link doesn't work.
Besides that we were talking about a flight from Farnborough Airport, not a flight from Heathrow.

"you can get under 22 hours from Farnborough to Melbourne via some airlines Qantas does it in 21:45 with a Perth layout"
The Power of Dreams!

FW17

In a normal scenario, if you remove the politics of the team, in a giant capitalist multi bullion dollar organization, would they sacrifice a CEO for a coffee assistant?

The costs don't add up, one you risk some reputations damage, which will blow over by paying off the media, the other you guarantee yourself a downturn. One which could take a decade ro ger out of (ask ferrari post Todt)