2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dren

Re: 2017 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team - Ferrari

Have you not witnessed what has been taking place at Ferrari over the last few years? If Ferrari doesn't win this year, heads will roll.
Honda!

dren

It'll be for Mercedes, but if Alonso leaves for Mercedes, he'll likely be at Mclaren... unless Hamilton jumps ship at Mercedes, too.
Honda!

Big Mangalhit

Heads rolled last year, how is that a change? What has been happening specifically in ferrari last years I am unaware of? And will it be different this year?

Schuttelberg

dren wrote:It'll be for Mercedes, but if Alonso leaves for Mercedes, he'll likely be at Mclaren... unless Hamilton jumps ship at Mercedes, too.
Wow! Like to see that crystal ball you have there. What makes you believe Mercedes will remove Bottas? Or, would it not be better to hire Vettel than Alonso considering he's only going to be 30 next year?

It's pretty rich of you to come here and say heads will roll at Ferrari considering your avatar and what amused me most is the Vettel to McHonda theory? They've been worse than Ferrari since the beginning of 2000 so I don't know what you're on about. Even in the Hybrid era, Honda has been abysmal.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Vasconia

GPR-A wrote:What a pleasant change indeed. All that chest thumping has been overshadowed with complete restraint. Same goes for Ferrari fans. Whatever happens with the first race, I hope this change of attitude is permanent.
Even Marchione was pretty cautious when he spoke tomorrow, just saying that the car was better than expected.

dren

I expect Mclaren to make a nice improvement this year. How much is yet to be seen. But, saying Vettel goes to potentially Mclaren is only logical if a seat at Mercedes isn't open due to Alonso making the jump.

Since Bottas is only signed to a one year deal, I'd say Mercedes replaces him with Vettel or Alonso if Bottas doesn't perform to a similar level that Rosberg did.
Honda!

ferkan
ferkan

Yea, only logical thing for Vettel is to go to a team and drive a car powered by Honda. Christ sake some theories in here are just...wow.

Big Mangalhit

dren wrote:I expect Mclaren to make a nice improvement this year. How much is yet to be seen. But, saying Vettel goes to potentially Mclaren is only logical if a seat at Mercedes isn't open due to Alonso making the jump.

Since Bottas is only signed to a one year deal, I'd say Mercedes replaces him with Vettel or Alonso if Bottas doesn't perform to a similar level that Rosberg did.
How is it logical that without a seating available at merc Vettel will want to change from a team which last year scored more points than McLaren the whole hybrid era combined (with more than 100 its difference)? It would be more reasonable for him to go to Findia or Renault for the look of things. True that Mclaren can indeed do a big jump this year, but there is zero indication of that so far. Quite the contrary I would say... but who knows?? Just seems you have a very partial and completely unfounded vision

Big Mangalhit

Big Mangalhit wrote:
dren wrote:I expect Mclaren to make a nice improvement this year. How much is yet to be seen. But, saying Vettel goes to potentially Mclaren is only logical if a seat at Mercedes isn't open due to Alonso making the jump.

How is it logical that without a seating available at merc Vettel will want to change from a team which last year scored more points than McLaren the whole hybrid era combined (with more than 100 pts difference)? It would be more reasonable for him to go to Findia or Renault for the look of things. True that Mclaren can indeed do a big jump this year, but there is zero indication of that so far. Quite the contrary I would say... but who knows?? Just seems you have a very partial and completely unfounded vision

santos
santos

Well if Mclaren doesn't improve... that is the place where heads will roll. And by the way things have started for them, blades are already being sharped.

Vasconia

Unless there is an enormous crisis inside the team Vettel won´t leave Ferrari, the only real chance would be if he can join Mercedes. But, does he really want to be in the same team with Lewis? I doubt it.

dren

Vasconia wrote:Unless there is an enormous crisis inside the team Vettel won´t leave Ferrari, the only real chance would be if he can join Mercedes. But, does he really want to be in the same team with Lewis? I doubt it.
That's my point. You can see the tension building over the last two years. It's obvious a lot of effort went into the car this year. If it fails to win races and challenge for the championship, the pressure from the top is going to cause an implosion. Allison was smart and got out of there. I see Vettel likely leaving, too, especially if a Mercedes seat is open.

People seem to forget when Alonso left Ferrari to jump into a noncompetitive Mclaren because of a fallout with the team; funny, it appeared like that was happening last year with Vettel. I'm not a big Vettel fan, but if that's his only option outside of Mercedes, I see that happening.
Honda!

mika vs michael
mika vs michael

Vettel will not join McLaren Honda simply because in 2018 there will be no McLaren Honda...McLaren will dump honda...
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

santos
santos

We'll see... for now, it's running well. Good pace, no reliability problems, no crashes. Also, i don't think Ferrari is running the engine in safe mode. So, for now, everything is fine.

mika vs michael
mika vs michael

Now let me go to the McLaren Honda thread and flame it...Moderators should do a bit more work on the team threads...too much flame posts. If there is no much free time I volunteer for the task...
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent