2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
SSJ4
SSJ4

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Alo_Fan

Sounds crazy, but could Briatore be team principal, at least in the interim? Pretty sure, Lawrence will sack Krack very imminently.

Xyz22
Xyz22

xReVo wrote:
25 May 2024, 17:36
Xyz22 wrote:
25 May 2024, 17:34
They need to understand what they are doing wrong with in the wind tunnel / in loop simulator.

With these cars is absolutely key to have great correlation. Bringing upgrades that don't match what the Team see in the wind tunnel / simulator is a complete disaster, even more so in a BC regime.
They don't have to understand anything, those responsible for this will have their consequences. Just like in any other team, when problems go away things get resolved.
Oh if the management is sure that someone is not doing a good job i'm sure they will take appropriate measures.
I have no idea if the fault is specifically of one member of the team like Fallows or someone else.

Jambier

For Alonso it would have been a P9-10 I believe with no trafic issue.
And stroll is at normal place.

The reality is this, Aston is now fighting with Vcarb

Red Bull , Ferrari and McLaren are the three top teams

Mercedes now alone in P4 (that’s where Aston should be and fight)

And Aston now in the midfield

Jambier

The thing is every team progress through the year

Last year they were overtaken by McLaren, Mercedes and Ferrari during the season

Now in 2024 they started equal to Mercedes and they are under threat of midfield progression, RB or even Alpine soon

hollus

Hi guys, just for info:

A lot of warnings have just been given over recent posts in this thread. If you go back, you might find lots and lots of posts now deleted (well, you won't find them any more, that is the point). Many more could/should have been deleted, but mods can only search so far back before it becomes a waste of time.

It is not OK to insult and bully people. End of.

It is also not OK to constantly spam negativity. Negativity is OK, posting it is OK. A couple of such posts in a day... 5 over a weekend... OK, specially if we might learn something from them beyond "sucks". 20 in a row: Not OK, and being acted upon.

Having an informative discussion necessarily implies leaving space for others and not cluttering the place.
Rivals, not enemies.

Nikosar
Nikosar

Alonso Fan wrote:
25 May 2024, 17:27
Nikosar wrote:
25 May 2024, 17:22
Dan Fallows quoted, if the car is slow it is my fault, so he is just lucky Lawrence does not have a replacement yet. Same for Krack.

Folks, enough optimism, they've had since halfway through last season to improve the direction. Every GP since then has been an endless nightmare. Briatore, Laurence, all give clear signs of impatience, they had months and months to change the curve into an ascending one.

Track evolved for everyone **** We cannot keep hoping for Q3 every weekend
I'd rather be optimistic than pessimistic. Makes my life a lot happier in general. Also I tend not to take sport that I follow to heart all the time. Maybe you should try it sometime. It's really refreshing 😉
This is not a forum to give personal comments on others users but thank you for your suggestion, I also recommend a very useful thing for you which is to deepen your knowledge between pessimist and realist. :D

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Xyz22 wrote:
25 May 2024, 17:34
They need to understand what they are doing wrong with in the wind tunnel / in loop simulator.

With these cars is absolutely key to have great correlation. Bringing upgrades that don't match what the Team see in the wind tunnel / simulator is a complete disaster, even more so in a BC regime.
Source?, our you just dreamed about it?

Vanja #66

Stroll Sr and his impatience is more than likely the biggest issue for the team. We've seen it with Ferrari and McLaren in the last 15 years, you can't skip steps, progress has to be built from the ground up. Updates not working as intended feel rushed and insufficiently worked on, as if there's pressure to bring new parts asap every weekend. That's not the way you win titles in F1
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

xReVo
xReVo

diffuser wrote:
25 May 2024, 02:34
xReVo wrote:
25 May 2024, 02:21
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
24 May 2024, 20:30

Stop feeding him… He has some issues and is trying to be smart here online…
Next time do you want to say that the car is perfect and will fight for pole? Sorry, that's not who I am. I tell the truth. I've seen the onboards and it continues to have this front end that doesn't bite mechanically, furthermore you can also see that in addition to understeer there is also power steering and this is especially noticeable in sector 3. Currently the balance of the car is terrible. We need to analyze things in an impartial way without being fans, here no one is insulting or anything, we are just analyzing what we see. Then you can agree or not
You don't tell the truth, you tell your opinion, not sure it's the truth.

Looking at the data, the AMR front end looks supper pointed. it's why the back seems so weak. Alonso it making all his time staying on the nose of the car.
I
As you can see, I was right. So next time before speaking, look at the onboards and understand how I did it. Aston Martin's step backwards is evident, they were the team that updated the most but they are also behind Alpine now, what would the defenses be? None. Here we need to implement a small revolution to wake up the team like Ferrari and Mercedes did.

Alonso Fan

Vanja #66 wrote:
25 May 2024, 18:15
Stroll Sr and his impatience is more than likely the biggest issue for the team. We've seen it with Ferrari and McLaren in the last 15 years, you can't skip steps, progress has to be built from the ground up. Updates not working as intended feel rushed and insufficiently worked on, as if there's pressure to bring new parts asap every weekend. That's not the way you win titles in F1
I was gonna say something very similar. Took the words right out of my mouth. The last thing the team needs right now is instability. They have a lot of talented people. Let them work it out
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

diffuser

xReVo wrote:
25 May 2024, 19:24
diffuser wrote:
xReVo wrote:

Next time do you want to say that the car is perfect and will fight for pole? Sorry, that's not who I am. I tell the truth. I've seen the onboards and it continues to have this front end that doesn't bite mechanically, furthermore you can also see that in addition to understeer there is also power steering and this is especially noticeable in sector 3. Currently the balance of the car is terrible. We need to analyze things in an impartial way without being fans, here no one is insulting or anything, we are just analyzing what we see. Then you can agree or not

Looking at the data, the AMR front end looks supper pointed. it's why the back seems so weak. Alonso it making all his time staying on the nose of the car.
I
As you can see, I was right. So next time before speaking, look at the onboards and understand how I did it. Aston Martin's step backwards is evident, they were the team that updated the most but they are also behind Alpine now, what would the defenses be? None. Here we need to implement a small revolution to wake up the team like Ferrari and Mercedes did.
I never said you were right.

issey
issey

xReVo wrote:
25 May 2024, 19:24
diffuser wrote:
xReVo wrote:

I
Maybe you should look at the data before talking here like you know everything. Alonso had big traffic in his final Q3 lap. He would be at least P3 in Q1. Alonso wasn’t even able to go faster than his FP2 lap. The pace was there, the traffic cost us, but you still talk like the car was --- and u was right. It was not!

FNTC
FNTC

Looks like HAAS might get disqualified for illegal rear wings, and Ocon could get a penalty for impeding

makecry
makecry