2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
MichaelxScarn
MichaelxScarn

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Alex_Z wrote:
26 May 2024, 23:21
MichaelxScarn wrote:
26 May 2024, 19:57
Alex_Z wrote:
26 May 2024, 19:08

There is no hope. AMR will not win races or even compete for podiums for the next 2 years minimum. Time for Alonso to take break from F1, maybe a permanent one this time.
Bad times for Aston, must be good times for you?! Times to log on here and spread your wisdom?
It's not really bad times for Aston, it's where they've always been bar the cheat copy car season in 2020.
Where were you the beginning of last year and how come I only now get to witness your wisdom, when times are harder or Aston is at it’s usual self, whatever line you might be following?

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

selvam_e2002 wrote:
27 May 2024, 08:21
could be the reason that AMR try to develop the car more like of Stroll instead of Alonso. This is the only reason I think of now. time will tell.
the AMR situation is too bad now. They need to find where the issue is before they do next upgrade.
Don't think so,because Stroll and Alonso talking about the same problems.
If we look at 23 and 24 Aston then they are very different. 24 Aston compared to 23 is like almost no wings . They made the car fast as Redbull on the straight, but they floor create significantly less downforce than Redbull.
Worth to watch this video, explains a lot about Aston suddenly struggle.
Last edited by OnEcRiTiCaL on 27 May 2024, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.

Jambier

They also need to have a "normal" weekend.

As I said before: They are still 5th force on the grid, but they moved back, or let's say, they did not progress while others made a step forward.

So instead of fighting for 4th with Mercedes, they are now fighting to defend 5th against VCARB.

They need to fix the balance, and see if they can get back fighting with Mercedes, but to be honest I don't see more to expect this year.

The top 3 teams are now quite close and quite far from the others, so "best of the rest" versus Mercedes is the only realistic objective.

Season is still very long and some upgrades might change things

diffuser

Jambier wrote:
27 May 2024, 13:31
They also need to have a "normal" weekend.

As I said before: They are still 5th force on the grid, but they moved back, or let's say, they did not progress while others made a step forward.

So instead of fighting for 4th with Mercedes, they are now fighting to defend 5th against VCARB.

They need to fix the balance, and see if they can get back fighting with Mercedes, but to be honest I don't see more to expect this year.

The top 3 teams are now quite close and quite far from the others, so "best of the rest" versus Mercedes is the only realistic objective.

Season is still very long and some upgrades might change things

You're never as good as you best race and you're never as bad as your worst.

Redragon

Everyone thought McLaren was done last year, also adopted AM philosophy but once they found the sweet spot on the upgrades are now at the front and challeging in some races Redbull. I don’t know why couldn’t happen the same with AM once they understand the correlation problem. I agree with post one good upgrade and things will turn around

diffuser

Been pouring over the data and in Qualifying Compared to the FP2 run. In Quali, he loses 2 - 3 tenth just in braking in the first corner. He slows the car down 2 KPH slower, the data traces only show on and off for brakes and not a % like they do for throttle, but you can tell the rate of slowing down the car happens over a longer distance in FP2. So he starts braking at the same time but the pressure applied is more gradual in FP2. Since the car is travelling 2 KPH the car is slower, hence less DF, he gets wheel spin on the way out of the corner. That doesn't cost more than .05 but he never makes up for any of that time. Even with the traffic his Q1 S3 time matches his FP2 S3 time. Piastri was ahead of him going down the start finish straight so I'm not sure if that caused turbulence. He passes Piastri going up the hill into turn 3.

KimiRai
KimiRai

I am not sure of the veracity of this but sharing it regardless.

diffuser

KimiRai wrote:
27 May 2024, 21:31

Good news.

diffuser

diffuser wrote:
27 May 2024, 21:56
KimiRai wrote:
27 May 2024, 21:31

Good news.
Based on what I read that Lawrence did with Omar...He might use Binotto to evaluate Krack. Then maybe offload some responsibilities if they think he's over his head. He doesn't destroy people, he builds them up.

makecry
makecry

Rye wrote:
27 May 2024, 23:15
diffuser wrote:
27 May 2024, 22:09
diffuser wrote:
27 May 2024, 21:56

Good news.
Based on what I read that Lawrence did with Omar...He might use Binotto to evaluate Krack. Then maybe offload some responsibilities if they think he's over his head. He doesn't destroy people, he builds them up.
This isn't great news considering I think they offered that job to Newey. They definitely needed new entries to improve the team
Newey would not come in as a CTO. I believe (correct me if I am wrong, I could be!) there have been insinuations from Newey's circle that he'd be more amenable to a consultant role.

ringo

-wkst- wrote:
27 May 2024, 08:08
ringo wrote:
27 May 2024, 02:53
I sense a bitter divorce between Alonso and Aston if he doesnt deliver messiah like performance on his part and or if the team doesnt deliver miraculous upgrades o. Their part.
2026 is a long way away and Alonso is showing his age and his fatigue each race.
Stroll Snr. May consider sending Alonso home with a bag of cash like Ferrari did to Kimi.
I just dont see the relationship going well all the way to 2026 if things continue like this.
Alonso doesnt like stagnation and he can get very grumpy and vocal.
2025 is critical if Alonso decides to continue into 2026. My opinion by the way.
Don't confuse your hopes with the reality.

ALO was totally fine in the first races, quick and on the top of his game. Something happend since Miami, but I have no doubt that he strikes back, like he always did in his career. Not so sure about AMR tough for the near future...
My thoughts are at the end of the day... it's Stroll's team and he is in it for his son's success more than anything. Snr is not there to make Alonso champion. Alonso is there to build the racing team's moralle and share his experience for Junior's benefit.
Being beaten by stroll a few times now isn't really a judgement on Alonso. It's more that the team will want the car to come towards Stroll a bit more to please the boss daddy Stroll.
For Sure!!

Mansell89
Mansell89

Where on Earth does this narrative that Alonso is now showing his age each race come from?

So we just forget the what, 30 race weekend where Alonso has dominated and because Aston are having some tough times with upgrades we just all happily write off Alonso as a has been?

Guy is WDC material and I’ve no doubt would blitz Perez at Red Bull, could go toe to toe with either driver at Ferrari and same at Mercedes.

The only thing necessary here is for Aston to get their development pipeline on track.

KimiRai
KimiRai

Mansell89 wrote:
27 May 2024, 23:41
Guy is WDC material
:D :lol: This young Spaniard shows some promise indeed...

ringo

Mansell89 wrote:
27 May 2024, 23:41
Where on Earth does this narrative that Alonso is now showing his age each race come from?

So we just forget the what, 30 race weekend where Alonso has dominated and because Aston are having some tough times with upgrades we just all happily write off Alonso as a has been?

Guy is WDC material and I’ve no doubt would blitz Perez at Red Bull, could go toe to toe with either driver at Ferrari and same at Mercedes.

The only thing necessary here is for Aston to get their development pipeline on track.
30 race weekends = 60 weeks = A one year Older Alonso. He is getting older. That's inevitable.
He probably has in hair plugs, beard hair dye, and prescription contact lenses to hide his aging process to please the sponsors and fans who think his abilities are eternal. There has to be a cross over point where the skills wane.
For Sure!!

diffuser

makecry wrote:
27 May 2024, 23:19
Rye wrote:
27 May 2024, 23:15
diffuser wrote:
27 May 2024, 22:09

This isn't great news considering I think they offered that job to Newey. They definitely needed new entries to improve the team
Newey would not come in as a CTO. I believe (correct me if I am wrong, I could be!) there have been insinuations from Newey's circle that he'd be more amenable to a consultant role.
I agree.