Sauber C30 Ferrari

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
marekk
marekk

Re: Sauber C30 Ferrari

horse wrote: Image

Please note they are much higher then diffuser itself, and they are not just flat plates with slots.

What i can see, is 3 vertical airfoils on each side, one after another (not the most efficient configuration, but space is limited due to the regulations), bending the flows outwards, towards one of low pressure wakes behind rear tyre.

Added benefit for diffuser would be lower pressure area on the inside facing side of this device, which helps to extract air from diffuser, increasing efficiency.

Multi element turning vane, sort of IMO.

hecti
hecti

marekk wrote:
horse wrote: Image

Please note they are much higher then diffuser itself, and they are not just flat plates with slots.

What i can see, is 3 vertical airfoils on each side,
Really?? Airfoils on an F1 car???

=D>

Fil

Sorry it's a bit late in the weekend, but i thought i'd share this photo that I stumbled upon - something really quirky & cool about seeing an F1 car in this state!

Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

godlameroso

Supposedly sauber will be testing a new exhaust system during fp1 for Istanbul gp.
Saishū kōnā

marcush.
marcush.

Sauber stating they have a lot more ideas in the pipeline and any cash injection will directly translate into performance...what a impressive turnaround since last year when they were slow and unreliable .Sauber has really cleaned up the mess he took over from BMW =D> =D> =D>
No doubt ,with the finance of Mercedes they would be ahead of the brackley team
already

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

The Sauber facility is posibly the finest in F1 at present, all down to a €230m investment programe that BMW gave to the team as a present when they left in 2009. AlbertII got upgraded to AlbertIII whitch is 3 times as powerful as AlbertII and a brand new wind tunnel that got finished for the middle of last year. Not to mention the brand new race bays and office facilities that got installed and also all the new amenities that they put in for the staff that make them heppy.

BMW are the one to thank for the facilities. Brackley is half a step behind the curve, but are betting brought up to the standard of Saubers facility be the end of this year.

Sauber have the facilities, but not the budget, altho they will have a new sponsor in Istanbul that will be bringing another €15m a year as they have been wanting back into F1 since Toyotas departure, id recon Panasonic so to follow Kimui, and for their rear wing and a couple other smaller posistions on the car, id recon a good deal.

Francesc
Francesc

From where comes that they will announce a new sponsorship deal at Turkey? I guess it won't only appear at the rear wing, also on the sidepods.

HampusA

Sauber IS BMW and BMW IS Sauber. BMW is just not in an financing it or have their chief crew like Thiessen etc.

BMW just buys Sauber again when they are ready to come back, everything is all set up for whenever they decide to return.

And i think the biggest thing with Sauber is James Key, after he arrived it all started to get steadily better.
The truth will come out...

Kaivo
Kaivo

Hangaku

Arrrrrrrrrrrrriba! Piling on the Mexican sponsors, for sure. Along with Dell making an appearance in this race, their car is looking a bit better than last year!
Yer.

thestig84
thestig84

Really pleased for Sauber. Loving the slightly left field sponsors, forget your boring F1 style PR obsessed sponsors. Sauber go for tequila and hot sauce 'The flavorful fire' with a wooden top. Really want to try it now, like my hot sauces. Sorry bit of topic there :lol:

Dell back team lotus aswell dont they?

Kaivo
Kaivo

RB style cooling hole ?

Hangaku

thestig84 wrote:Dell back team lotus aswell dont they?
:oops: my bad, you are indeed correct. I was thinking of NEC, which is already a done deal. Damn mid-season sponsorship deals, getting me all confused.
Yer.

Byronrhys

Kaivo wrote: RB style cooling hole ?
Not really, its an evolution of their earlier design, the RB7 cover is really different.

Giblet
Giblet

Had to delete a couple of posts that were inappropriate.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute