2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
godlameroso

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

You can really tell they're pushing that Honda power unit, 330kph down the hangar straight, they were miles away from that last year.
Saishū kōnā

godlameroso

HondaPOD wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 00:13
Amazing qualifying and good speed shown by Max, RBR and Honda.
RBH lost time to Mercedes in the slow corners, especially the last one.
Guys, What do you think about the speed shown here ?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_YPT8FW4AInADJ.jpg
Turn 15 is a weird one as exit speed doesn't tell the whole story. A slower 15 can yield a later braking for 16 and better line through 17, so it's one of those give and take corners where the fastest line is mysteriously counter intuitive.
Saishū kōnā

damager21
damager21

Juzh wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 23:02
verstappen's q3 lap 1.25.276
https://streamable.com/dms62
Looking at the video, lag seems pretty obvious and 0.2sec time lost as quoted by Max seems reasonable. Also RB looks to be on rails and handling buttery smooth all along the track. Looks like a well balanced car after all the struggles during FP
HondaPOD wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 00:13
Amazing qualifying and good speed shown by Max, RBR and Honda.
RBH lost time to Mercedes in the slow corners, especially the last one.
Guys, What do you think about the speed shown here ?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D_YPT8FW4AInADJ.jpg
When I watched qualifying video, it looked like he was too slow out of T3 & T4, which corroborates with this graphic you shared. Throttle lag issue which Max was complaining about was pretty evident here and also the last corner. In fact when he started his Q3 lap, looked like he carried much lower speed out of the last corner

hasika
hasika

It seems the Austria update really works,the car improves a lot this two races.Hope they can fix the "turbo lag" soon.

Bill
Bill

Redbull used to be king in slow speed corners but they are getting slaughtered by merc their advantage comes from high speed staff were power is premium.i think spa and Suzuka win are possible if Ferrari can't fix their tire issues on long runs.

etusch

godlameroso wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 23:23
Fast, and you can tell where there is lag in power. Perhaps deliberate to manage wheelspin.
Maybe thep did something for that and it also needs fine tunning

KelsO
KelsO

AMuS:

Honda is considering introducing its next engine specification before the summer break at the GP of Hungary. The upgrade should bring an extra 25 HP. Technically, that makes no sense because the Hungaroring is not a track where engine power is that important. It looks like a political move; to convince Max Verstappen it pays to stay with Red Bull. If Honda did not upgrade until after the summer break, it would possibly be too late
I copied it from autosport forum and did not find the source on the amus.
Yes, I read that Marco denied this message, but it seems to me that this makes sense. PU requires fine tuning, sometimes Honda takes several steps to unlock the potential of the engine. Spa and Monza are definitely very important stages to lose them due to poor package settings. In Hungary, they can introduce an update, specifically for setting up PU mapping, in order to be in good shape with SPA and Monza.

kasio
kasio

loner wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 23:12
Juzh wrote:
13 Jul 2019, 23:02
verstappen's q3 lap 1.25.276
hard luck MAX .. oh massive lag .. did they expect a pole ?!!
thnx Juzh
if RBR perform well tomorrow in the race i'll understand the weird boast from Honda to their jet crew and IHI people while introducing the spec 3 which was meaningless after the bad show in France before they mastered the sofware and turn the john wick up :wink: later on...
looks like "the lag" is from 3rd and 4th. at beginning of lap. more like just wrong gear. check revs!

etusch

KelsO wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 09:20
AMuS:

Honda is considering introducing its next engine specification before the summer break at the GP of Hungary. The upgrade should bring an extra 25 HP. Technically, that makes no sense because the Hungaroring is not a track where engine power is that important. It looks like a political move; to convince Max Verstappen it pays to stay with Red Bull. If Honda did not upgrade until after the summer break, it would possibly be too late
I copied it from autosport forum and did not find the source on the amus.
Yes, I read that Marco denied this message, but it seems to me that this makes sense. PU requires fine tuning, sometimes Honda takes several steps to unlock the potential of the engine. Spa and Monza are definitely very important stages to lose them due to poor package settings. In Hungary, they can introduce an update, specifically for setting up PU mapping, in order to be in good shape with SPA and Monza.
They may intoduce it before the summerbreak but I don't think it is because of what Verstappen will do and in the other hand Verstappen must be aware of what is coming from package next year. This is just first year and they are not bad now. Things going better. Maybe they will be best at the end of season.
Remember How Mercedes convinced Hamilton. Merc was not that good. It is not about current performance but future
Last edited by etusch on 14 Jul 2019, 09:58, edited 1 time in total.

Bill
Bill

Why would Max leave Rbr he is their lead driver undisputed number one . Redbull are on the up they just won a race and Honda have been very aggressive with its upgrades constantly finding gains while the likes of merc have faltered perhaps due to their mature concept,then we got new regulations in 2021 so we don't know who would be top dog again with budget cap. The media constantly buggering about Max leaving redbull is annoying is like they want to create a wedge btn him and team or they afraid merc will be beaten.

KelsO
KelsO

etusch wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 09:48

They may intoduce it before the summerbreak but I don't think it is because of what Verstappen will do and in the other hand Verstappen must be aware of what is coming from package next year. This is just first year and they are not bad now. Things going better. Maybe they will be best at the end of season.
Remember How Mercedes convinced Hamilton. Merc was not that good. It is not about current performance but future
No, I don't think the reason is Max. I think that in secret they hope to challenge Mercedes already this season, but they don’t talk about it in order not to look silly.

KelsO
KelsO

Bill wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 09:56
Why would Max leave Rbr he is their lead driver undisputed number one . Redbull are on the up they just won a race and Honda have been very aggressive with its upgrades constantly finding gains while the likes of merc have faltered perhaps due to their mature concept,then we got new regulations in 2021 so we don't know who would be top dog again with budget cap. The media constantly buggering about Max leaving redbull is annoying is like they want to create a wedge btn him and team or they afraid merc will be beaten.

Yes I agree. Read Italian Motorsport. This is really funny, speculation, speculation, speculation ...

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/idea- ... 0/4494404/

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/la-op ... 1/4493344/

seense
seense

Max said they wont bring an upgrade in hungary because they can win there. I dont think max will leave RB now they are making good progress.

Maybe only toro rosso gets it first to test?

etusch

KelsO wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 10:10
etusch wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 09:48

No, I don't think the reason is Max. I think that in secret they hope to challenge Mercedes already this season, but they don’t talk about it in order not to look silly.
I think if they can fight with merc here they do it rest of season

KelsO
KelsO

seense wrote:
14 Jul 2019, 10:28
Max said they wont bring an upgrade in hungary because they can win there. I dont think max will leave RB now they are making good progress.

Maybe only toro rosso gets it first to test?
Yes, I thinked about it and it is logical. I forgot about Toro Rosso. It may well be.