Silly Season 2012/2013

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
godlameroso

Re: Silly Season 2012/2013

I can see Sutil at Ferrari.
Saishū kōnā

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Alguersuari has mentioned to the Spanish press that he is almost 100% certain of a race seat in 2013.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Trailer23

Klien working in Williams simulator

Didn't see this one coming. Kinda slipped under the radar.

Ex-F1 Driver Christian Klien seems to have appeared out of nowhere & is contracted by Williams & currently spending a lot of time in their driver simulator at Grove.

After the departure of Adam Parr, Austrian investor Christian "Toto" Wolff has 15% shares in WilliamsF1.

CK will be racing next in the V8 Supercars Bathurst 1000 in Australia.

Red Schneider
Red Schneider

Does anyone else think Kimi returning to Ferrari would be absolutely perfect? Strongest lineup on the grid, and Ferrari gets their passionate leader as a rallying point (Alonso) and Kimi can be his normal self. Two mature, pretty much no-drama guys who can duke it out. If they get their car sorted out they would kill everyone.

Morteza

Red Schneider wrote:Does anyone else think Kimi returning to Ferrari would be absolutely perfect? Strongest lineup on the grid, and Ferrari gets their passionate leader as a rallying point (Alonso) and Kimi can be his normal self. Two mature, pretty much no-drama guys who can duke it out. If they get their car sorted out they would kill everyone.
That's not gonna work in my opinion. Didn't Ferrari dump Kimi a year earlier that his contract's expiration to get Fernando? Two top drivers rarely get along, especially in Ferrari. Kimi is doing pretty well in Lotus. Alguersuari is a more probable replacement for Massa and he is Alonso's fellow countryman, isn't he? Ferrari needs a solid 2nd driver (I'm not pointing that Alguersuari is the one they're looking for). As long as Alonso is in Ferrari he is the team's no. 1. Anybody doubts it?

What I wonder is where will Massa go after Ferrari shows him the door. Will he prevail in another team where he is not the official number 2?
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

xpensive
xpensive

The way I understand things, Kimi has a stake in the lotus team and is not going anywhere, but imagine Pedro de la Rosa driving a red car next year, Santander would be pleased?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Neno
Neno

xpensive wrote:The way I understand things, Kimi has a stake in the lotus team and is not going anywhere, but imagine Pedro de la Rosa driving a red car next year, Santander would be pleased?
Santander would be pleased until, that second driver destroy their baby Alonso :lol:

Paul

"Alonso" and "non-drama" are two very distant circles on a Venn diagram... :roll:

marcush.
marcush.

jaime Algersuari must be a hot property for 2013 as things stand...definetly in better shape than Buemi who first was dumped and dismissed as champion material only to get a reserve driver contract a few days later....
But with Pirelli experience galore and everything info first hand this is really exactly what teams should be looking for ,add to this Jaime drove well last year...if it weren´t for his spanish nationality I´d think he was the right guy for ferrari.

PlatinumZealot

IMO Buemi is a little faster/better than Algu - who is not as flamboyant, and two of them still not as hot as Sutil. Buemi has played a Master stroke though, waiting for old Webbo to put up his bat and glove.

I got Trulli going to Ferrari mid season and Sutil Coming in for next year.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

marcush.
marcush.

sutil ,sorry somehow I cannot forget his first year in F1 when he seemed unable to learn how to complete the first corner of a race without an incident.

Red Schneider
Red Schneider

Morteza wrote:
That's not gonna work in my opinion. Didn't Ferrari dump Kimi a year earlier that his contract's expiration to get Fernando? Two top drivers rarely get along, especially in Ferrari. Kimi is doing pretty well in Lotus. Alguersuari is a more probable replacement for Massa and he is Alonso's fellow countryman, isn't he? Ferrari needs a solid 2nd driver (I'm not pointing that Alguersuari is the one they're looking for). As long as Alonso is in Ferrari he is the team's no. 1. Anybody doubts it?

What I wonder is where will Massa go after Ferrari shows him the door. Will he prevail in another team where he is not the official number 2?
I know Ferrari dumped Kimi early, but I don't have the impression that those bridges were burned. It's important to strike a balance between team harmony and giving yourself a proper shot at the Constructors'. I know about the business side, but Kimi strikes me as a fast 'other' (not No. 2) driver who can spur the team forward without vying for supremacy as a team leader.

As for Alonso and no-drama, it is just my opinion (no proof) that he has matured and is not terribly concerned with the other side of the garage as long as he feels he is getting a fair shake from the highers-up.

Where would Massa go? There don't seem to be a lot of good options. He could drop a long way, like Kovalainen.

Paul

Sure, there is no reason for him to be concerned with Massa, with their current form and all. However, when Massa suddenly finds himself in front, Alonso likes to call it "ridiculous" or similar for all the world to hear. That's quite dramatic if you ask me...

Byronrhys

marcush. wrote:jaime Algersuari must be a hot property for 2013 as things stand...definetly in better shape than Buemi who first was dumped and dismissed as champion material only to get a reserve driver contract a few days later....
But with Pirelli experience galore and everything info first hand this is really exactly what teams should be looking for ,add to this Jaime drove well last year...if it weren´t for his spanish nationality I´d think he was the right guy for ferrari.
If I remember correctly they were both 'dumped and dismissed' , Pirelli experience means nothing in F1 after 4 races, in the end that advantage will fade plus I don't see anyone running after Lucas Di Grassi and he probably has the most knowledge of these tyres. I guess I just don't see the hype around Dj boy he did nothing special in F1, he is no Checo, no Kobayashi, no Maldonado, no Grosjean and they all showed their worth in less time.

Gridlock

Because nobody else has said it yet, and because I like the neatness of it,

MSC > SFM
DIR > MB
SUT > FI

However, I don't think Sutil's pass will work at the FOM turnstiles...

Also,