MotoGP 2013

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
bdr529

Re: MotoGP 2013

Shrieker wrote:I thought it was an old tradition to run the motorcycle gp's in Assen on saturdays so it won't coincide with sunday's church meeting. IIRC there's a cathedral nearby and at the time the old folks didn't want the shrieking sound of 2 stroke bike engines rock the place :) Hence, Assen is called "the Cathedral of Speed". I could be completely wrong though lol.

They race on Saturday because Sunday was a religious day, no work or play, at lest back then it was.
Now it's just tradition the last Saturday of June, I'm sure the noise had something to do with that

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Shrieker wrote:It's so very unfortunate for Jorge. He's had 2 weeks of rest up to now, and a clean weekend would've gotten him out of the woods. He could've landed in a hundred other ways - but no, lands on his injured shoulder. Murphy's curse I guess...

I'd like to see Rossi fight for the title but can't see that happening realistically. Dani should just keep his head cool and his nose clean. Marquez might take advantage of that and carry the fight into the closing races though. Now that would be something.
MadMatt wrote:Crutchlow still took maximum apex... without his bike :D
I think if pedrosa and Lorenzo are out for a race or two that leaves the door open for Rossi who continues to get that bike honed in.

I rule marquez out simple because he is in experienced, and crutchlow out because he has a poor race bike in the first half of the race.

I'm tipping Rossi for the win tomorrow.

With regards to crutchlow, I seriously hope he doesn't go to Ducati, I think he will be nowhere next season. He should be putting pressure to get a factory ride for Honda or yamaha, although the problem is, who does he replace?

Shrieker

I guess I cursed Dani. I better shut up lol.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Shrieker wrote:I guess I cursed Dani. I better shut up lol.
Well done, you just ruined his championship :D

Hopefully he is ok, I would like to see Dani take a championship.

The race this weekend was a bit odd with Jorge and Dani missing, it was a good race, but it sorely missed the top competitors.

Rossi confused me, where did his pace go from last week? He has not fixed that bike yet.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

CRTs closed up with the lack of straights, that was a great lap from Bradl and Bautista. Rossi is looking very good for the race, he is getting that bike honed in.

Tipping Rossi or Marquez for the win.

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

Dam Marquez is impressive. Rossi improving, I think he is getting a handle of the bike.

SectorOne

Good race, strong performance by Bradl.

Funny incident after the race after Marquez passed Rossi in the corkscrew in the same manner Rossi passed Stoner in 08.

"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

JimClarkFan
JimClarkFan

SectorOne wrote:Good race, strong performance by Bradl.

Funny incident after the race after Marquez passed Rossi in the corkscrew in the same manner Rossi passed Stoner in 08.

http://i.imgur.com/mRHiCE0.jpg
His move was cheeky as hell.
I can appreciate Marquez is stupendiously fast, yet I have not warmed to him, I would love to see Rossi and Pedrosa take a title before Marquez

Shrieker

Is m&m the reincarnation of a great great gladiator lol. It seems as if he has a knack for reenacting important historical events :D First in Jerez -do a Rossi on Jorge- and now do a Rossi on, well... Rossi ?!? Either that, or he has a keen sense of humor :lol:
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

SectorOne

I think Rossi is quite right in saying he sees a lot in Marquez. Also not sure if you saw Qatar, the two guys had their first battle with each other and the look on Marquez face after the race was priceless, he did not care about what position he was in, only the awesomeness of battling with his idol who he has a picture of on the wall.

I´m expecting a lot of hard battles in the future between these two.

-
Also, rumor is Stoner is coming back in 2014 to Honda. 3-bike team anyone?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

aleks_ader

Nice article about using of Honda super speed, seamlees gearbox...

http://www.motomatters.com/analysis/201 ... the_d.html
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

allstaruk08
allstaruk08

so the Honda has a average advantage of 0.029 each gear change. so if there is about 40 gear changes per lap that 1.16 seconds advantage the Honda has over the Yamaha. its going to be fun once the Yamahas get the seamless box lol

SectorOne

You probably don´t need to count downshifts,

hollus

1.16 seconds off the power doesn't mean you lose 1.16 seconds of lap time!
Rivals, not enemies.

MadMatt
MadMatt

Exactly, you are still travelling at some speed, and as it was said, no need to count downshifts. So the difference is small, but on tracks with slow corners where the drive after it is very important (or in uphill), the Honda has really got an advantage!