2015 Singapore Grand Prix - 18-20 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Silent Storm
Silent Storm

Re: 2015 Singapore Grand Prix - 18-20 September

Last year the both the Ferrari's yes even Raikkonen came alive when they put on SS tyres in qualifying and both were ahead of Red bull and Mercedes till Raikkonen retired with engine problem in his final run and Alonso made a mistake in his final run.

This year though I expect Merc to lock out front row but Ferrari should be closer and a small mistake from any of the Merc drivers in qualifying and those red cars will be ready to make the most of their mistake.. I expect Mercedes to win 1-2.. Ferrari might appear closer in Qualifying but they don't have the race pace of Mercedes.

Lewis will run away which means which means after 9-10 laps Rosberg will be in clean air and start increasing the gap to the Ferrari's ruining any chance of an undercut. That's how I think the race will pan out.
The stat points between an Online Forum and Real Life are inversely proportional...

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

My predictions:

1. HAM
2. ROS
3. RIC
4. VET
5. VER
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

NathanOlder

Nathanael F1 wrote:My predictions:

1. HAM
2. ROS
3. RIC
4. VET
5. VER
I dont think VER has a hope unless one of the main drivers and GUT gets injured. That will be the only way I see him driving this weeked :roll:

VES on the other hand, possibly a half desent chance of a top 5.

I think Ferrari will hang on to a podium but I expect the Bulls to run VET very close.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

zioture
zioture

GPR-A duplicate2

J0rd4n wrote:Don't bother arguing with iotar. He's been here since 2012 and has a user reputation of zero, says an awful lot about his credibility. He lives in a fantasy world where Rosberg is the dominant driver, and everything Mercedes does is a disadvantage to him.
I think it best serves if there can be constructive criticism of a post, the merit and content of it, than going and attacking an individual. As much of anyone else, he also has the right to post his views. I have disagreed with him lots of times, but it would be wrong to go against any individual. People did to me in Ferrari forum and I asked the same question there too.

And as far as reputation is concerned, in terms of votes here, you can gain a lot of voting just by posting some nonsense praising towards a driver or team. It's that easy. Now Let's move on.

I read somewhere about McLaren MP4-30 that it is the 4th best chassis, other than Mercedes, Red Bull and Toro Rosso and then comes Ferrari. That has been concluded based on GPS data collected from one team. I will post a link as soon as I get it. I am fully expecting a strong Red Bull here. Singapore puts a lot of stress on tyres and demands more downforce. In Monza though, Ferrari was poor on tyre management and we need to see if that was just an exception or with new changes on PU and chassis, if they have induced a problem. Normal order should resume with Merc, Ferrari and RB.

iotar__

Schuttelberg wrote:
iotar__ wrote:On drivers side Mercedes lost Rosberg 36-50 points in two races: basic competence in Hungary +25 or +18, same in Monza or reversed situation (random event) and it's Rosberg that is Sennaesque. Team not drivers decided this championship unfortunately. WCC from 1 to 4 is set too, little to look forward to in remaining races.
Hungary?
All Rosberg has done all season is 'yap.'
He has again said he will be on 'maximum attack' and what not and I will pretty much be shocked if he can beat Vettel around this track. Hamilton is another matter.
Yes, Hungary. Mercedes puts the right tyres (which wasn't even a choice) he finishes second or wins it (all other things equal) that's not up to discussion within reasonable "what could have happened" alternative realities. The fact that Merc lost him 36-50 points in Monza and Hungary is not up to discussion either.

"All Rosberg has done all season is 'yap.' This statement is completely wrong and should be put in "driver hatred" (or whatever it's called) category. I won't bother correcting a post with zero substance so general statement: Bahrain, Barcelona, GB, Hungary, Austria, Canada for something opposite and remaining races for not being far behind. He did well except for qualifying but '14 showed that you can be a world champion after getting significantly outpaced in qualifying and when you must count on other driver's mistakes.
J0rd4n wrote: Don't bother arguing with iotar. He's been here since 2012 and has a user reputation of zero, says an awful lot about his credibility.
Not like Rosberg cost himself those points in Hungary with another clumbsy manoeuvre, is it? Clearly the 28 point gap Lewis had on Nico before the Monza mistake is to be ignored. Also completely ignored the fact Nico gained points on Lewis in Monaco due to a team mistake, which evens out this points swing.
No, it only shows it has no value and is decided with no objective criteria by like minded spammers, ignorant people, team and driver fanatics that think that mindless pushing a button changes reality. The fact that you used in an argument instead of facts says it all. Now back to reality: +18 or +25 in Hungary (high chance of that in a situation when Mercedes puts the right tyres and I'm not even discussing lack of guilt in Ricciardo collision) and let's say two engine failures in Monza for Hamilton (random event) and perhaps you should start counting points instead of reputation :) .

"Also completely ignored the fact Nico gained points on Lewis in Monaco due to a team mistake, which evens out this points swing." Lies added to insults, there goes your reputation :wink:. I didn't ignore it, it wasn't a subject of a post. I'm aware of it, I'm also aware of bad pitstop in GP, tyre strategy in Malaysia, brake problems in Canada and Bahrain and reverse to Bahrain Ferrari strength in Barcelona that pretty much equalised Monaco. Now back to three major failures in two races, or not, nothing to add so to make it on topic Singapore will be boring and if Red Bull's chassis is so good and Ferrari's not so good (as some claim) they should be very close.

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

I'd prefer you to discuss the guilt of Rosberg where he tried to push Ricciardo off track, but found a front wing there.

All of this is for another thread though.

BACK TO SINGAPORE.

Looking forward to this, it's a proper testing race. Pity I am going to miss the live showing, but I will try and catch up.

NathanOlder

I'm also not able to see the race live. First time since at least the mid 90's!!! But I will be at Duxford watching around 20 spitfires in action!!
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

emaren
emaren

We had a nosey around the pit garages in April while we were there visiting family and friends.

The Pits

If you were sitting on Pole and it was daylight, this is the view you would have

This is the tricky final corner

The track surface looks very grippy along the pit straight, but the regular road surface was pretty worn in April, I managed to ride an approximation of the circuit on a borrowed bicycle and there is almost zero elevation changes, but some of the corners look a tad tricky with drains and inspection points in the run-offs

Obviously I had a tear in my eye taking this

WaikeCU

I didn't notice the last turn goes under the highway. I just notice this by now. :wtf:

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

NathanOlder wrote:
Nathanael F1 wrote:My predictions:

1. HAM
2. ROS
3. RIC
4. VET
5. VER
I dont think VER has a hope unless one of the main drivers and GUT gets injured. That will be the only way I see him driving this weeked :roll:

VES on the other hand, possibly a half desent chance of a top 5.

I think Ferrari will hang on to a podium but I expect the Bulls to run VET very close.
Haha I got my abbreviations wrong. I meant Max Verstappen.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

TAG

iotar__ wrote:It should be closer and it's a better track for Ferrari, RB/TR and worse for Williams but does it matter? Merc is still on pole and it's another race to lose for them. McLaren in Q3 only in case of drivers' incompetence. Merc, RB, Ferrari, TR = two places left. Williams, FI? Lotus - doubtful (they were slow in Hun and Monaco).

Mercedes customer teams not getting upgraded engines is one of the biggest scandals in F1 in recent years and no one's discussing it. One tyre failure - weeks of controversy :roll:. Only Pat Symonds is going on about it publicly and for a reason, in Monza it could have been a difference between challenging Ferrari or not. Same for future races, not in Singapore but the sooner you get them the better.

On drivers side Mercedes lost Rosberg 36-50 points in two races: basic competence in Hungary +25 or +18, same in Monza or reversed situation (random event) and it's Rosberg that is Sennaesque. Team not drivers decided this championship unfortunately. WCC from 1 to 4 is set too, little to look forward to in remaining races.
Pat Symonds? The guy that was banned from the sport for 5 years for crashgate Pat Symonds?

Not sure what part of the internet you access but everythign I've read states; He's been quoted a number of times that Williams themselves chose not to be the guinea pigs for the new Merc lump, stating they had plenty of power from the current engine and would rather have stability at the moment. Seeing how it turned out for Mercedes, I can't say I blame them.

Source: http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12476/ ... ne-in-2015
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Mastudio
Mastudio

PlatinumZealot

🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

☄️ Myth of the five suns. ☄️

☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️
LxVxFxHxN

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

The Manor Marussia F1 Team is pleased to announce that it has signed Alexander Rossi as race driver for five of the seven remaining rounds of the 2015 season, competing alongside Will Stevens. He will make his Grand Prix debut at this weekend's 2015 Formula 1 Singapore Airlines Singapore Grand Prix.

Rossi will race in Singapore, Japan, the US, Mexico and Brazil, but he will not take part in the Russian and Abu Dhabi Grands Prix. Roberto Merhi will join Fabio Leimer as an Official Reserve Driver but he will drive in Sochi and at Yas Marina.
Source https://www.facebook.com/ManorRacing/po ... 2659401223