The random question thread.

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
El Scorchio

Re: The random question thread.

There’s always a way of getting a ticket if you’re willing to pay enough , but you’ll have to do that for the Dutch GP. I believe there was a ballot already, which as someone said was massively oversubscribed, so you’ll probably have to pay somewhat over the odds or go corporate/hospitality.

I had thought about going until I heard that.

Wass85
Wass85

El Scorchio wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 11:01
There’s always a way of getting a ticket if you’re willing to pay enough , but you’ll have to do that for the Dutch GP. I believe there was a ballot already, which as someone said was massively oversubscribed, so you’ll probably have to pay somewhat over the odds or go corporate/hospitality.

What about the old fashioned route of jumping the fence. 😂

Austria is a fair way away, I'd go myself but the other casuals think it's too much.

bosyber
bosyber

We went to Austria in 2017, had a week together with extended family in a village in the mountains ahead of the GP: me from Berlin, others drove from Amsterdam, brother from northeast of Prague where he lives; only my brother and I actively engaged in F1, but we ordered two extra weekend tickets early in the year, ended up buying two more for 90 (I think) Euros at the track, not all came all days, but we used all tickets all days, and everyone enjoyed the experience, partly launging on the grassy slope above the back straight, partly getting to experience motorsports live.

Would have gone last year again, had calenders permitted. Absolute recommend, probably one of the cheapest per person F1 experiences we had, relaxed and fun, and accessible for casuals too. Helps that Red Bull aces organisation.

Wass85
Wass85

bosyber wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 11:49
We went to Austria in 2017, had a week together with extended family in a village in the mountains ahead of the GP: me from Berlin, others drove from Amsterdam, brother from northeast of Prague where he lives; only my brother and I actively engaged in F1, but we ordered two extra weekend tickets early in the year, ended up buying two more for 90 (I think) Euros at the track, not all came all days, but we used all tickets all days, and everyone enjoyed the experience, partly launging on the grassy slope above the back straight, partly getting to experience motorsports live.

Would have gone last year again, had calenders permitted. Absolute recommend, probably one of the cheapest per person F1 experiences we had, relaxed and fun, and accessible for casuals too. Helps that Red Bull aces organisation.
It does look a brilliant GP to attend but that 2000 mile drive there and back would be a killer. I personally would do it but my brother and father would like something a bit closer with less hassle. We would prefer our weekend to be Thur-Mon maximum.

El Scorchio

Wass85 wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 11:05
El Scorchio wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 11:01

What about the old fashioned route of jumping the fence. 😂

Austria is a fair way away, I'd go myself but the other casuals think it's too much.
Yeah, it's pretty difficult to convince people that don't really care! You might have a bit more luck with Budapest? Just combine it with a cheap city break. (Flying rather than driving, by the way)

bosyber
bosyber

Wass85 wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 12:26
bosyber wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 11:49
We went to Austria in 2017, had a week together with extended family in a village in the mountains ahead of the GP [snip]
It does look a brilliant GP to attend but that 2000 mile drive there and back would be a killer. I personally would do it but my brother and father would like something a bit closer with less hassle. We would prefer our weekend to be Thur-Mon maximum.
Yes, if the week of holiday isn't possible, I also don't think I would have gone for it, honestly.

Wass85
Wass85

Anyone been to the Hungarian GP? Any good?

El Scorchio

Wass85 wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 13:33
Yup. Me. It was great.
Circuit is a 20 minute taxi ride which cost about 10 quid (you also get a dedicated lane on the motorway so no queues) from the centre of Budapest, which is a fantastic city for a few days away and really cheap.

Wass85
Wass85

El Scorchio wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 13:47
Wass85 wrote:
Yup. Me. It was great.
Circuit is a 20 minute taxi ride which cost about 10 quid (you also get a dedicated lane on the motorway so no queues) from the centre of Budapest, which is a fantastic city for a few days away and really cheap.
What was the experience like in the circuit, were you seated or general admission?

El Scorchio

Wass85 wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 13:49
El Scorchio wrote:
Wass85 wrote:
Yup. Me. It was great.
What was the experience like in the circuit, were you seated or general admission?
It was busy and crowded but definitely not unbearably so.(In the main area, which is behind and parallel to the main straight) although there are some bottlenecks where a lot of people are trying to go down quite a narrow area to get to and from seats. Loads of BBQ food and drink available. Little F1 village to wander around. We were seated right near the start/finish line. Grandstands are really close to the trackside.(Some are uncovered- rain isn't really an issue but it can get really hot in the sun there.)

I'd recommend it. Especially if you can get flights for a decent price. You won't spend loads of money in Budapest itself.

Wass85
Wass85

El Scorchio wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 14:40
Wass85 wrote:
El Scorchio wrote:

Yup. Me. It was great.
It was busy and crowded but definitely not unbearably so.(In the main area, which is behind and parallel to the main straight) although there are some bottlenecks where a lot of people are trying to go down quite a narrow area to get to and from seats. Loads of BBQ food and drink available. Little F1 village to wander around. We were seated right near the start/finish line. Grandstands are really close to the trackside.(Some are uncovered- rain isn't really an issue but it can get really hot in the sun there.)

I'd recommend it. Especially if you can get flights for a decent price. You won't spend loads of money in Budapest itself.
Cheers pal, any idea where you can get with general admission tickets as I like to move around and watch the cars from different vantage points.

El Scorchio

Wass85 wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 15:58
El Scorchio wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 14:40
Wass85 wrote:

Cheers pal, any idea where you can get with general admission tickets as I like to move around and watch the cars from different vantage points.
Unfortunately not! There's probably a circuit map somewhere online which will indicate it- maybe the F1 site, or the ticket site, or the circuit site? Might be worth a look.