Italian GP 2006

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
vyselegend

captainmorgan wrote:is Renault allowed to fix Alonso's bodywork before the race?
Yes, of course! Otherwise he would suffer a black/orange flag in his first lap and probably would be forced to pit for repairs...

manchild
manchild

And he was only 0.5 sec slower with THAT demage! :shock:

What would his time be without it?! :shock:

BTW, Massa is likely to justify "The boy from Brazil" title since he officialy protested against Alonso's driving during Alonso's fying lap lap as "blocking" during his own flying lap :shock:

http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=37283

FLC
FLC

I dont think Alonso was on his flying lap, I think it was his out lap. And I do remember that Massa was quick in the first 2 sectors of that lap (-0.3?) and finished it slow at about +0.2. I dont think Ferrari will get anything out of that anyway, but it's an acceptable part of the whole game (which Renault said it will use by complaining against the legality of the red cars).

manchild
manchild

That happened on a lap where Alonso had his best sector times! Massa is full of s***!

Shame on you Massa, shame on you Ferrari, shame on you Schuey and most of all - shame on you FIA! Is that a way to win?! Yes it is for you! Banning mass damper wasn't enough? Not banning aerodynamic wheel fairings wasn't enough? Two times Doornboss wasn't enough? Perhaps you should hire Al Quaida to get rid of Alonso and Renault?!

http://www.elpais.es/
http://www.elpais.es/ wrote:The Spanish pilot of Renault Fernando Alonso has been penalized in the qualifying round of the Great Prize of Italy and will leave from the tenth position and not from fifth since he had obtained in the track. The penalty has arrived after the Ferrari equipment protested to the organization by a supposed obstruction in track of the Spanish pilot to Felipe Massa.

Alonso, in spite of puncturing a wheel for want of little less than two minutes for the conclusion of the test and entering boxes to change it, was able to classify itself fifth. But Ferrari has considered that after returning to the track, the Spanish pilot has obstructed to Massa and has protested. The organization has not doubted in giving to Ferrari the reason.

The German of Ferrari Michael Schumacher, will leave tomorrow from the second position. Pole position has been for the Finn of McClaren, Kimi Raikkonen. Alonso, in spite of this penalty, has shown to its authority and strength in the two first sieves, that have happened without difficulty.

Nevertheless, the unfortunate accident has left to the Asturian one without the possibility of fighting by the head positions. Raikkonen, Massa and Schumacher have taken advantage of the opportunity to put more pressure to the World-wide one of pilots, and, in particular, to the one of constructors.

By its part, Pedro Martinez of the Rose (McLaren) has obtained the seventh seat, far of the clean zone of the exit del circuit and with the difficulty that supposes to leave from this position in the Great Prize of Monza.

Saribro
Saribro

Well look at that ...

Lightspeed

manchild wrote:That happened on a lap where Alonso had his best sector times! Massa is full of s***!

Shame on you Massa, shame on you Ferrari, shame on you Schuey :roll: :?: and most of all - shame on you FIA! Is that a way to win?! Yes it is for you! Banning mass damper wasn't enough? Not banning aerodynamic wheel fairings wasn't enough? Two times Doornboss wasn't enough? Perhaps you should hire Al Quaida to get rid of Alonso and Renault?!
Why say all that crap when all you have to say is "SHAME ON YOU ALONSO".

Infact, Alonso is lucky not to of been put to the back of the grid.
That happened on a lap where Alonso had his best sector times!
Alonso was on his out lap and it was his duty to move out of Massa's way, who was on a hot lap.

An analysis of sector limes of Massa's hot lap shows that Massa lost about 0.3 seconds because of Alonso.

--
....after reviewing video evidence and hearing both drivers’ accounts of the incident, the stewards determined that Massa had indeed been disadvantaged...
Last edited by Lightspeed on 09 Sep 2006, 19:58, edited 3 times in total.

pRo

Well, something had to be done after they realized Alonso is just too fast for them. Schumi starting on the dirty side and Alonso from 5th...he might've been ahead of Schumi after the start.

Way to go FIAT. Once again. I think I'll keep this sig for a while.
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

manchild
manchild

Lightspeed wrote:Why say all that carp when all you have to say is "SHAME ON YOU ALONSO"
Shame for what? Read what Massa said after qualifying before Ferrari made him make an official protest
Massa wrote:On Q3 on my last run, I came up behind Alonso who was ALSO setting out on his quick lap. I lost at least three tenths," said Massa after qualifying.
How can a driver be penalised for blocking during qualifying session when that lap was his best!!!

What a fixed championship!

Hope this will finally cause revolution GPMA wasn't able to conduct!

pRo

manchild wrote:How can a driver be penalised for blocking during qualifying session when that lap was his best!!!
Alonso was still on his outlap, that wasn't his best lap, cause it wasn't full lap.

He did make best sector times there, so he definitely wasn't slowing down, though surely he was slower than Massa with his wrecked car. But a penalty for being slower than someone? That's just hilarious. Even in Italy. :lol:

pRo

Btw, did Renault make the protest about Ferrari's "brake cooling device"?

vyselegend

LOL! now that's really enormous! Even having obtained grid advantage whith an illegal car, the Ferrari/FIA team fear so much of Alonso that they need to cheat a little more, in order to win!

The spannish bloke really frighten them. I'm sure they tryed everything to put him at the back of the grid, cuz from 10th he's still dangerous...

The more the Ferrari/FIA team is cheating, the more they feel like you can fool everyone. That's no surprise they dare to do such enormous things after the mass damper move followed by carbon wheels covers... :roll:

It has turned into such a farce that now the season have lost all intersest. It's like they wrote a rule saying:

article 1: The Ferrari team will be crowned for the 2006 WDC and WCC, no matter what happen during the season.

article 2: All other teams are tolerated on track as long as they don't represent a risk for Ferrari's win.

article 3: If ever a car or driver frighten the cheating red team with it's potential, measures will be taken to ensure they don't interfere with articles 1 and 2. :lol:

manchild
manchild

Best lap or best sector time... same thing... he wasn't blocking anyone. Massa was behind him between 300 and 400 meters!

vyselegend

manchild wrote:he wasn't blocking anyone. Massa was behind him between 300 and 400 meters!
Of course he didn't!Did anyone see him swerve or change line just once? During the whole lap, there was plenty of room for anyone to pass! There's two reasons explaining why "Boy from Brazil" couldn't pass:

-He was miles away.
-He wasn't faster.

Lightspeed

A driver on a warm up lap yields to one on a fast lap. This is clear to everyone, except when its their darling losing.

And I'm still wondering what Schumi had to do with it as some conspiracy theroists reason ... :roll:
Massa was behind him between 300 and 400 meters
Gimme a break. Did you use a measuring line to determine the distance when it happened ?

@ this rate one could be forgiven for claiming that Fisco was 3 to 4km behind JV when their incident happened!!

Care to explain why Massa was mysteriously 0.3 s slower in his final hot lap in Q3 compared to his earlier hot lap in Q3, when its clear that he made no mistakes ?
Even having obtained grid advantage whith an illegal car, the Ferrari/FIA team fear so much of Alonso that they need to cheat a little more, in order to win!
Shall i start off on how the sly dog Alonso performs cheap tricks to dynamically change his aero parts to gain an unfair advantage ? :lol:
Last edited by Lightspeed on 09 Sep 2006, 20:18, edited 2 times in total.

zac510
zac510

I agree, that is stupid. Easy to say from my position in the living room but Massa didn't look close at any point.