Monaco GP 2007

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Tom

dumrick, did I ever say i hate you? well after reading that last comment I do anyway, so now you know :cry:
So, your F1 honeymoon is over, welcome to the real world, Lewis!
Actually thats his second big crash, he had one testing, Valencia I think, at about 180mph pre-season and it didn't seem to affect him.
Murphy's 9th Law of Technology:
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

manchild
manchild

dumrick wrote:I was at Ste. Dévote and saw it first hand...
OK than, tomorrow and especially during qualifying and race we want to see TV camera showing "someone" with f1technical rules banner. If you're lacking ideas how to get notices remember what sacked Mercedes worker did in Hockenheim :lol:

Tom

And lost DC the race you mean? Wear a bright pink catsuit, that's sure to get you noticed. Worked for me...
Tell a man there are 300 million stars in the universe and he'll believe you. Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he'll have to touch to be sure.

checkered

Well, this is

not Monaco specific, but if you want Circuit de Monaco information, for example, in a nutshell (Speeds, gears, place names, etc. ... well not everything of course, the map hardly lists all the 57 - 58 gear changes per lap, but anyway ...) go to Allianz's sponsorship website and follow the links. The map is about 1,5 MB.

There's also a possibility to download a computer animation (it's about the same quality games are currently, so nothing special) that follows a lap around the track. Nice, but less informative as such. The ZIPped WMV is about 13 MB, so those with slow connections need not bother. In addition to this there's a special feature (17 MB, 4 mins) "All In F1 by Allianz", but it's basically the same animation with a narrator, a few scenery shots and short statements by both Rosberg and Wurz.

Come to think of it, since this material is free of charge, perhaps Tomba could request to feature it on F1T officially? There are contact addresses on the website, so I don't think it'd hurt anyone to ask. It's a win-win since Allianz gets its share of publicity too, right? If they could scale the file sizes down a little too, it'd be easy enough to stream the vids.

I have issues with downloading stuff, since my connections are pretty fast and the desktops tend to get awfully messy with all kinds of stuff. And the PCs, after all, are supposed to make my life more efficient ...

dumrick
dumrick

Actually guys, it's not much trouble to find good places on Thursday, but I'm still looking for the best solutions for Saturday and Sunday (forget about regular tickets, there are none and they would be anyway way too expensive...) :(
Damn, my yacht didn't make it on time...:P
I agree that rain would provide an excellent race.
I was at the pit lane in the end of the debriefing and very close to all drivers,when they walked out. And, Manchild, when Max Mosley passed by me, I cursed in very quietly, to see if in person is more effective. :D And I wasn't (yet) sacked by Mercedes, so you can forget about seeing me running naked!!!

manchild
manchild

dumrick wrote:And I wasn't (yet) sacked by Mercedes, so you can forget about seeing me running naked!!!
How do you stand with preaching than? :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zqKGk0bCu4

Tom

have an egg ready next time, although I think you can be arrested for breach of peace I'm sure they'll let you off when they realise its aimed at Max.

m3_lover

What about wearing Nascar merchandise on you..that should get people's attention
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

checkered

One observation about

Hamilton's practice performance ... he did have an off, but it has to be noted that he was very, very consistent and fast on his long runs earlier on. He was on the slower tyres when he posted the third fastest of the day, too. I, for one, am not too enthusiastic about the prospect of rain during qualifying - if it rains during the race, it can be argued that it's the same for everybody, but during quali the all but certain disruptions to the proceedings will only result in random results. Entertaining, yes, but without meaningful substance as far as racing is concerned. Also, if it rains on Saturday, it may be that there's not as much rubber on the circuit come Sunday as the teams might wish.

ds.raikkonen

dumrick wrote:I was at Ste. Dévote and saw it first hand...
Good to see LH crash :twisted: ...what does the media have to say about that eh? perfect Lewis? :twisted:
manchild wrote:OK than, tomorrow and especially during qualifying and race we want to see TV camera showing "someone" with f1technical rules banner. If you're lacking ideas how to get notices remember what sacked Mercedes worker did in Hockenheim :lol:
If he does, itll be great...go dumrick!! im green with envy though :evil:
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

modbaraban
modbaraban

m3_lover wrote:What about wearing Nascar merchandise on you..that should get people's attention
Yikes! U'r too harsh, that's too much...
I'd rather ran naked :P

Kass
Kass

can anyone record the race and post it in RS.COM.. im going to miss it..

jezzwa

just a question i have never found the answer for, what is the tradition of opening the track back as a public road on friday?
Vote 1 for GPs back in Adelaide

manchild
manchild

jezzwa wrote:just a question i have never found the answer for, what is the tradition of opening the track back as a public road on friday?
There are 3 more series raced on same weekend with F1 so there just isn't the space in the pits and paddock for all.

Thursday 24th May 2007

07:00am Closure of track to road traffic
08:30am to 09:15am Formula Renault 3.5 (Practice session)
10:00am to 11:30am Formule 1 (1st practice session)
12:00pm to 12:30pm GP2 (1st practice session)
14:00pm to 15:30pm Formule 1 (2nd practice session)
16:15pm to 17:00pm Porsche Mobil 1 SuperCup (Practice session)
18:30pm Openning of track to road traffic

Friday 25th May 2007

07:00 Closure of track to road traffic
09:00 to 09:30 GP2 (2nd practice session)
10:30 to 11:00 GP2 (Qualifying session)
11:45 to 12:30 Porsche Mobil 1 SuperCup (Qualifying session)
13:30 Openning of track to road traffic

Saturday 26th May 2007

6:00am Closure of track to road traffic
09:00am to 09:25am Formula Renault 3.5 (Qualifying session - Even numbers)
09:30am to 09:55am Formula Renault 3.5 (Qualifying session - Odd numbers)
11:00am to 12:00am Formule 1 - 3rd practice session
02:00pm to 03:00pm Formule 1 - Qualifying session
04:00pm to 05:15pm GP2 - (Course 45 laps)
19:00pm Openning of track to road traffic

Sunday 27th May 2007

07:00 Closure of track to road traffic
09:45am to 10h15am Porsche Mobil 1 SuperCup (Course 16 laps)
11:15am to 12h00am Formula Renault 3.5 - (Course 25 laps)
12:30pm Formule 1 - Drivers track parade
13:45pm Grid formation
13:46pm National Anthem
14:00pm GRAND PRIX de MONACO (78 laps)
07:00pm Openning of track to road traffic

http://www.monaco-montecarlo.com/index- ... ix-en.html

bizadfar
bizadfar

PNSD wrote:Anyone remember when Ralf was good, ie Monaco 2003 Quali, stunning lap.
I recall Kimi having a bunch of laps more fuel but he effectively mucked it up on the first lap/turn 1. (ralf only beat him by something like .040 in quali)