Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
djones
djones

Re: Monaco GP 2010 - Monte Carlo

If its 15-1 I will also put £20 on him :D

I always remember the rece there when he got put to the back of the grid. Nobody overtakes at Monaco? Watch that race. In the first lap he did the other Ferrari and a few others, then loads more to finish in 4th or somthing. Another 15 or so laps and her was game on for the win if I remember correctly.

segedunum
segedunum

Last year Red Bull had some traction and mechanical issues out of and through slow corners, as well as problems with bumps and kerbs. That all seems to have disappeared this year, and I really wouldn't bet against Red Bull winning and possibly dominating even more than they did at Barcelona.

In the one area where other teams are ahead - straight line speed - Monaco is simply not a circuit where that's going to count. It's about how fast you can get to your top speed on what straights there are, not what your top speed is.

Poleman

Exactly its the gearing that matters so...think about it ,a car that has more top speed than another,it will still have more top speed when geared properly.For example an RB6 accelerating up to 280 lets say in the tunnel and the MP4-25 as well the F10 with their systems thy can be like 290 which is stil 10kph advantage.Maybe minor but still...

raymondu999

The RB6 would reach 280 quicker than the F10/-25 would reach 280 though. Also, who actually thinks there will be teams who will purposely pull a Schumacher Rascasse? Somehow I can see Lotus's boss actually sending his guys out to start creating traffic on purpose.

Monaco is probably a very mechanical circuit. All the teams are mechanically running the same tyres. How much difference can there be in terms of suspension? Wouldn't all the teams actually (including new teams) in terms of mechanical (which is arguably much more important here than aero) be roughly on an equal footing, and the slower teams have less of a disadvantage?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Poleman

raymondu999 wrote:The RB6 would reach 280 quicker than the F10/-25 would reach 280 though. Also, who actually thinks there will be teams who will purposely pull a Schumacher Rascasse? Somehow I can see Lotus's boss actually sending his guys out to start creating traffic on purpose.

Monaco is probably a very mechanical circuit. All the teams are mechanically running the same tyres. How much difference can there be in terms of suspension? Wouldn't all the teams actually (including new teams) in terms of mechanical (which is arguably much more important here than aero) be roughly on an equal footing, and the slower teams have less of a disadvantage?
Im sure that Macs and Ferraris can gear up their cars to reach the same speeds as fast as the RB.
Now as for the Rascasse though i am much more worried of a Senna-Chandhok mayhem than a Lotus racecraft :lol: :lol: :lol:

raymondu999

What I meant was, let's say RBR get speedtraps of... say... 285. Then McLarens (with F-duct, don't forget. And Ferrari isn't racing theirs here) get maybe... 292 (totally random figure) then they would have to gear the gearbox less aggressive... have longer gears. This way they would reach 285 *after* the Red Bulls do. Of course, this is assuming a perfectly ideal world where the McLarens and Red Bulls have equal traction, aero efficiency, fuel weights, engine torque figures etc :mrgreen:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Kriss
Kriss

Who will win at Monaco?
Kubica of course. Fifth car in the field, but best driver in the street circuit, and not only street.
Great man!

Poleman

raymondu999 wrote:Of course, this is assuming a perfectly ideal world where the McLarens and Red Bulls have equal traction, aero efficiency, fuel weights, engine torque figures etc :mrgreen:
That perfect world sounds to me like a Sunday race day.Qualifying is another story.:mrgreen:

aral
aral

raymondu999 wrote:What I meant was, let's say RBR get speedtraps of... say... 285. Then McLarens (with F-duct, don't forget. And Ferrari isn't racing theirs here) get maybe... 292 (totally random figure) then they would have to gear the gearbox less aggressive... have longer gears. This way they would reach 285 *after* the Red Bulls do. Of course, this is assuming a perfectly ideal world where the McLarens and Red Bulls have equal traction, aero efficiency, fuel weights, engine torque figures etc :mrgreen:

raymond. There are no long straights in Monaco, so the f-duct will be totally useless! Max downforce at all times.

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

I'm so glad that the FIA are raising the curbs at Monaco this year, hopefully taking out the "Ferrari line" thru the swimming pool section.

ringo

Kriss wrote:Who will win at Monaco?
Kubica of course. Fifth car in the field, but best driver in the street circuit, and not only street.
Great man!
He has to be much faster than Petrov to be that. It seems he can't shake off more than a tenth off petrov during the race.

He will do well here though, I think the renault and williams have the potential for very high downforce, drag compromised setup. Kubica is a beast on the track, but that can act against him here.
For Sure!!

ringo

Re: Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes MP4/25

The front end of this car is superb on turn in. It can dominate Monaco easily.
Having the f duct makes things all the better. I wonder what kind of wing upgrades they'll be running?
For Sure!!

bill shoe
bill shoe

A McLaren with good turn in. Lewis Hamilton. Monaco. Heavy rain predicted.

Can't wait to see him drifting the McLaren around in the rain. This could be epic.

WhiteBlue

feynman wrote:
wesley123 wrote:It seems a structural failure at the mclarens, it happened before with their cars, and now it happens again.
HAM Spain:
KOV Spain:

At least that piece of rim is consistent, when it wants to leave, it always takes the same route.
I have a better pic:

Some sparks are visible in the 9 o clock position on the inside of the rim. I would love to see the design of the suspension in greater detail to have a look if stones can be trapped there.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

CHT
CHT

With so many rookies and new teams this year, SC session to dominate the race this weekend.

It will also be interesting to see how the longer wheel base this year is going to fare against likes of Renault.