2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Benii6
Benii6

Re: 2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

mclaren111 wrote:
27 Apr 2018, 09:40
http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/view/ ... ing_block/

Good read on why Boullier should get the boot.
That article is from a random guy with no insight what so ever. Even if you consider it as a legitimate opinion piece, its worthless. On one hand he gives no credit to EB for his Lotus days, because the car was great and he had nothing to do with that, but now when the car is bad, he should get fired. Like what?
And to all the comments here asking for EB to be fired, please provide valid reasons as to why he should be. Keep in mind he is racing director i.e. in charge of racing operations. He has nothing to do with the design of the car.

To me it seems y'all just want someone to lose his job and it happens to be EB because he is on TV the most.

techman
techman

The reshuffle is an indication that McLaren is coming to terms with the fact that it had to address shortcomings that were in effect masked during the Honda years.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/tech ... e-1030399/

Above is a quote from Zak, I am happy he finally is admitting that the mclaren chassis was not efficient and bad and it was masked by honda because they honda only supplied one team and they had no comparision. if i was zak i will hire new chassis and aero guys with fresh ideas. get nando norris and build this team to compete for the title in 2 to 3 years time. no point wasting 30 million on a driver and the car cant deliver. build the young drivers and save money to build a proper car in a the meantime. Vandorne is a good driver , he and norris will make a solid driver pairing and with a good chassis in a few years . a title challenge is possible

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

techman wrote:
27 Apr 2018, 11:08
The reshuffle is an indication that McLaren is coming to terms with the fact that it had to address shortcomings that were in effect masked during the Honda years.

Above is a quote from Zak, I am happy he finally is admitting that the mclaren chassis was not efficient and bad and it was masked by honda because they honda only supplied one team and they had no comparision. if i was zak i will hire new chassis and aero guys with fresh ideas. get nando norris and build this team to compete for the title in 2 to 3 years time. no point wasting 30 million on a driver and the car cant deliver. build the young drivers and save money to build a proper car in a the meantime. Vandorne is a good driver , he and norris will make a solid driver pairing and with a good chassis in a few years . a title challenge is possible
The above is not a quote from Zak, how on earth did you come to that conclusion?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

techman
techman

The above is not a quote from Zak, how on earth did you come to that conclusion?
my mistake :)

Thunder

The Race Thread to discuss overall FP1 standings is this way :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=27231&start=135
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Xero

Quite promising after FP2! Will be interesting to compare the long runs. Lots of high degradation, so could be a plus for McLaren who seem to be lighter on their tyres.

Alonso Fan

Xero wrote:
27 Apr 2018, 16:39
Quite promising after FP2! Will be interesting to compare the long runs. Lots of high degradation, so could be a plus for McLaren who seem to be lighter on their tyres.
Yes looks good indeed. Alonso had a tow on his lap though and karun on c4 calculated it to be worth around 4 tenths

Edit: I don't think they'll get into q3
Last edited by Alonso Fan on 27 Apr 2018, 16:50, edited 1 time in total.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

techman
techman

good pace from mclaren. good job

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Alonso Fan wrote:
27 Apr 2018, 16:41
Xero wrote:
Yes looks good indeed. Alonso had a tow on his lap though and karun on c4 calculated it to be worth around 4 tenths

It's a tricky one, but I think they're behind a few teams in the midfield. Getting into Q3 for me is still a big doubt. If they get one car, great, but if not row 6 on fresh tyres may be a good chance for points.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Xero

Alonso Fan wrote:

It will be tight. I think Force India will have the advantage in qually with their engines, so I expect them to be 4th quickest. The last 2 spots are up for grabs, especially if McLaren can coordinate a decent toe again.

Edit: I think starting 11th could be better than getting into Q3 given the high trye degradation we're seeing, with fresh tyres and an open strategy for the race.

zoroastar
zoroastar

Alonso Fan wrote:
Xero wrote:

Maybe, they have a lot of practice giving each other towes over the last couple of years. Still, i think whatever they have done between china and now has helped.
Will buxton is saying that their spain update will bring a new front end that is “different from anything we have seen on an f1 car so far”. Im curious as to what its going to be.

Alonso Fan

zoroastar wrote:
27 Apr 2018, 17:23
Alonso Fan wrote:
Xero wrote:

Maybe, they have a lot of practice giving each other towes over the last couple of years. Still, i think whatever they have done between china and now has helped.
Will buxton is saying that their spain update will bring a new front end that is “different from anything we have seen on an f1 car so far”. Im curious as to what its going to be.
Me too I'm very intrigued

Starting 11th will almost definitely be better than being in the low spaces of the top 10
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

zoroastar
zoroastar

techman wrote:
27 Apr 2018, 11:08

Actually, this has no quotes by ZB whatsoever. You are writing your own history based on what you want to see happen.

loner

zoroastar wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:
Xero wrote:

looks fast...
para bellum.

zoroastar
zoroastar

loner wrote:
27 Apr 2018, 17:48
zoroastar wrote:
Alonso Fan wrote:

looks fast...
Yea because formula 1 cars dont look fast at all.