Scuderia Ferrari 2014

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
bhall
bhall

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team 2014

George-Jung wrote:It could be that Marco Mattiacci will do the commercial-side and Brawn perhaps executive-director?
I don't know if it's true or not, but to hear it told, such a division of power is exactly why Brawn left Mercedes. He wanted to be the alpha and the omega.

George-Jung
George-Jung

I thought that Brawn wasn't very keen on doing the commercial-side of running a F1-team, but I could be mistaken about that.

muelte
muelte

New fuel station for Ferrari?

diffuser

bhall wrote:
George-Jung wrote:It could be that Marco Mattiacci will do the commercial-side and Brawn perhaps executive-director?
I don't know if it's true or not, but to hear it told, such a division of power is exactly why Brawn left Mercedes. He wanted to be the alpha and the omega.

It looked more like he was pushed out of Merc. They just wanted to keep him around as a trophy head, which he wanted no part of.

radosav
radosav

Ferrari pit-crew preparations.
Interesting that head of Medex company is called Fred Fernando!

mika vs michael
mika vs michael

Ferrari looks lost...
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

Kiril Varbanov

kooleracer
kooleracer

Ferrari should stop giving Alonso preferable treatment, it will only hurt them in the long run like it did with Massa. You need 2 drivers to score points if you want to end up high in the WCC. Raikonnen won the last championship for the team, to treat him like this is totally disrespectful and beneath Ferrari.
Last edited by kooleracer on 11 May 2014, 18:58, edited 1 time in total.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

Bob Brown

Interesting how at Ferrari with Alonso, the trailing driver gets first choice of pit stop strategy.

munudeges
munudeges

Bob Brown wrote:Interesting how at Ferrari with Alonso, the trailing driver gets first choice of pit stop strategy.
Yer, although I must confess I'll have to watch the race back because I didn't see where Raikkonen missed out. He just did one stop less as far as I saw. However, apparently he is still at the circuit tearing strips off people, which is absolutely unheard of for him.

He's slowly but steadily getting what he wants that car to do and the signs are there when you look closely enough. As the races roll by that intra-team battle is going to be fun to watch even though it's a thousand miles away from the front.

munudeges
munudeges

I don't know what 'far stiffer' means, but if it means less tyre compliance then Raikkonen will certainly be happy. It's the only way I can see them getting faster this season. They don't need a B spec car, they need a new one.

siskue2005

Bob Brown wrote:Interesting how at Ferrari with Alonso, the trailing driver gets first choice of pit stop strategy.
Yea this is what he said after the race :|
From Autosport LIVE

13:59 Kimi Raikkonen isn't happy with being jumped by Ferrari team-mate Fernando Alonso. After the race he quizzes his engineer about "who is making the calls? We seem to get second choice."
Here is a video, can't really make out what he is saying
http://instagram.com/p/n3FrTsEVRz/

Bob Brown

munudeges wrote:
Yer, although I must confess I'll have to watch the race back because I didn't see where Raikkonen missed out. He just did one stop less as far as I saw. However, apparently he is still at the circuit tearing strips off people, which is absolutely unheard of for him.

He's slowly but steadily getting what he wants that car to do and the signs are there when you look closely enough. As the races roll by that intra-team battle is going to be fun to watch even though it's a thousand miles away from the front.
He missed out on being able to choose between their strategy options. Looks like Alonso got to choose his pit strategy first even when Kimi was leading. This is what people are saying because typically as evident in history of F1 teams the leading driver gets first pick of race/pit strategy.
siskue2005 wrote:
Yea this is what he said after the race :|
From Autosport LIVE

13:59 Kimi Raikkonen isn't happy with being jumped by Ferrari team-mate Fernando Alonso. After the race he quizzes his engineer about "who is making the calls? We seem to get second choice."
Here is a video, can't really make out what he is saying
http://instagram.com/p/n3FrTsEVRz/
He says "I don't know" because he actually doesn't know who made the call to let Alonso have first crack at choosing strategy.

siskue2005

Not at all surprised to see this happen... The first stop was clearly in favour of Alonso even when kimi is in front
Kimi Raikkonen says he wanted to clarify the thinking behind Ferrari's strategy after losing out to team-mate Fernando Alonso in the Spanish Grand Prix.

Alonso overtook Raikkonen for sixth place in the closing stages, having caught the Finn on fresher tyres by virtue of stopping three times compared to his team-mate's two pitstops.

Earlier in the race Alonso had been able to make the first pitstop of the pair despite running behind Raikkonen on the road. Teams often give pitstop choice priority to the driver who is ahead on track.

On team radio messages from the slowing-down lap broadcast to television audiences, Raikkonen asked "who made these calls?" as he felt he was getting "second choice".

Asked by AUTOSPORT to explain the messages and whether he felt Alonso was getting priority, Raikkonen replied: "I just wanted to clear up some things."

The Finn played down the significance of the differing strategy choices and being beaten to sixth.

"Obviously there was not much between it," Raikkonen said. "We still finished far away from the others. It did not make much difference to the result."

bhall
bhall

Mattiacci has stated that his first priority is to make sure the team retains Alonso. So, I think it's likely Alonso will continue to get favorable treatment unless it somehow becomes advantageous in the Championship to back Raikkonen instead.