2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
nzjrs

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

Both McLarens jumped Hartley and the Renaults on the Mediums, fair to say that was a bad strategy today.

GrayGreat
GrayGreat

Sayeman wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 17:45
GrayGreat wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 17:29
Ground Effect wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 16:58
Gasly finished on the lead lap... Top job, great drive! It seems it's a little validation of what he said about the chassis, they were strong in wet qualifying and strong in the dry race.
So Honda is still sh*t !??, yet Horner and company keep saying it is on par with Renault. Does not bode well for next year for RedBull.
cant be any worse than the horseshit Renault is supplying them right now.
I seriously don't know whose better. Just asking.

Marti_EF3

Omg, stop about the Hartley thing for god sake. He has a lot more racing experience than Lando, and is great at managing tires and the race. He has got bad luck on a lot of races, but now I see him adapting to the formulas again and with the experience he have, is a lot better for setup the car, etc etc

Let Lando gain more experience on GP2, he would not be that much better than Hartley right now...

McMika98
McMika98

Ground Effect wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 17:46
Lando finished 2nd in the feature race yesterday, behind another Mclaren junior Nyck de Vries. Lando was brilliant when it was wet, destroyed the field, then it got dry and got destroyed by Nycke.
Spare us the running commentary on a single race, clearly the car was setup for rain, how did he lose 10+ seconds of lead with not so many laps remaining. Where was the racecraft today? He aint top of GP2 leaderboard so stop the madness that is the Lando Hypetrain.

Does anyone know who is running the car on testing with Geleal?

Singabule
Singabule

Marti_EF3 wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 17:31
That was a great race! STR pace was best of the rest. Shame that Hartley was stuck on traffic and the Mclarens and Grosjean passed him on the pits. But he was faster with the mediums than the Haas with softs and Renault.

Lets see when the next Honda upgrade comes. SPA or Monza?
The car is so gentle on tyres since day 1,however the failed upgrade make them confuse. Glad to see it sorted out and maybe morale boost for the team after Key left. Please bring Andy Green to replace him

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

McMika98 wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 18:01
Ground Effect wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 17:46
Lando finished 2nd in the feature race yesterday, behind another Mclaren junior Nyck de Vries. Lando was brilliant when it was wet, destroyed the field, then it got dry and got destroyed by Nycke.
Spare us the running commentary on a single race, clearly the car was setup for rain, how did he lose 10+ seconds of lead with not so many laps remaining. Where was the racecraft today? He aint top of GP2 leaderboard so stop the madness that is the Lando Hypetrain.

Does anyone know who is running the car on testing with Geleal?
Sorry, I thought you were seriously asking if he won, cause you didn't know the results. I've never hyped Lando, he's nothing more than a promising driver, but he's an unknown quantity. I pointed out a while back that Stoffel's junior formula CV is even more impressive, but look at his struggles. As far as I'm concerned Hartley can improve and get better results.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

super cool
super cool

nzjrs wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 17:56
Both McLarens jumped Hartley and the Renaults on the Mediums, fair to say that was a bad strategy today.
They did not have the strategy for Hartley, focus was on Gasly to secure any amount of points. With Hartley they've just followed Renault and flopped big time. I really don't get it how did they miss out on easy points with Hartley. If your driver is in in midpack (close gaps) on slow circuit you try to stay as long as you can on original tires until midpack detaches itself long enough from back markers and then you pit. Pitting early gives back markers an opening to get into midpack just like both Mclarens did. Had Hartley stayed on the track as long as Gasly he would have saved 8th position easy. Hartley did good this Sunday, he didn't pack to punch to threat Gro but that's how he is.

Bill
Bill

They were too eager to cover Hulk,that what got them into trouble,looking at him rather than the entire field,Renault is not good tyre saving

techman
techman

one thing positive, is the tyre life, gas went a long way with ultras.

Jerrycobra
Jerrycobra

Hartley would have been in the points if he didn't get stuck behind the Ocon train.

Singabule
Singabule

super cool wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 18:30
nzjrs wrote:
29 Jul 2018, 17:56
They did not have the strategy for Hartley, focus was on Gasly to secure any amount of points. With Hartley they've just followed Renault and flopped big time. I really don't get it how did they miss out on easy points with Hartley. If your driver is in in midpack (close gaps) on slow circuit you try to stay as long as you can on original tires until midpack detaches itself long enough from back markers and then you pit. Pitting early gives back markers an opening to get into midpack just like both Mclarens did. Had Hartley stayed on the track as long as Gasly he would have saved 8th position easy. Hartley did good this Sunday, he didn't pack to punch to threat Gro but that's how he is.
But it will beneficial if there is accident. STR want to split the risk with put hartley in different strategy compared to gasly

hasika
hasika

The strategy is not good,but maybe they didnt expect Ocon stay on the track for so many laps.

etusch

I think whole Hungary weekend Hartley did a good job and very mature he was. He says brake for preventing Gasly crash, because of that he fall behind slower drivers then stratagy didn't worked. Team must revise it for new situation (I think)

Marti_EF3

Race pace

Stint 1 pace

Stint 2

Clearly, Gasly and STR were best of the rest this weekend =D>

Sayeman

Both Gasly and Hartley seem to be down on speed trap though, near the bottom. Wonder if the other three are pulling away again?
Never Give up.